Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

3 hours ago, OSUmetstud said:

All the vaccine data is open to the public, independent scientists, and governments. We are not reliant on the pharmaceutical industry only to say its safe. 

I love this post. Thank you.
Anyone here taken time to look at the CDC's VAERS dataset lately? 

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I posted it and it was called anti vax

No one in this thread beside the doc who posts frequently would actually be able to figure out a real association of the complications and/or deaths with the vaccine. You only posted that to justify your own vaccine fears. Its meaningless without context. 

I want to take a minute and thank Hoosier for allowing this thread to keep going. He has caught a lot of flack, even though he has done an admirable job of trying to keep everyone in check (including me.) I have not only learned a ton of information about COVID and viruses in general, but the many different viewpoints concerning all aspects of the pandemic. There is an undercurrent of politics involved being masked as scientific data. Thanks to everyone for offering their viewpoints and information, even amongst the flame throwing.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

No one in this thread beside the doc who posts frequently would actually be able to figure out a real association of the complications and/or deaths with the vaccine. You only posted that to justify your own vaccine fears. Its meaningless without context. 

Nope no fears here.  I posted it as the reactions should be known in order to make an informed decision (along with talking to your doc).

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

Don’t know what to tell you. There’s always a chance we’ll get a variant that’s as deadly as MERS that the vaccine still protects against. We’ll see how quickly people line up then.

Comparisons like this are pointless and y’all keep making it. Huge percentages of the world are going to serve as breeding grounds for variants for years. And of course they’ll line up faster. Just like the world lined up to get the smallpox vaccine but most people don’t do so for the flu. 

Speaking of talking to your doc, I recently saw my ENT and we talked a little bit about covid and the vaccine.  She told me that she has a few patients who got sick last spring and STILL don't have normal taste and smell.  Probably not very common to linger that long, but I can't even imagine living like that and not knowing when it may come back.  

11 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Two posts about weather in the last 2+ years, and a bunch of posts in this thread, almost all of which are babbling about “face diapers” being “bacteria farms” and recycling the same not very good point every time. Yes, it’s possible to get sick from wearing the same mask over and over and over again, but most of us don’t, and the number of people who have gotten sick from wearing a mask dwarfs by a massive margin the number of coronavirus cases that have been prevented by masks. There’s really no arguing that point. Sure, masks are nowhere near 100% effective, but they absolutely prevent much more illness than they cause.

Your face diaper is as useless as a snow shovel in Barbados outside of a sterile environment.  Wear your virtue signal and be happy. Who is dumb enough to think that restricting your oxygen flow is good for any length of time? Just wondering 

4 minutes ago, Nickysixes said:

Your face diaper is as useless as a snow shovel in Barbados outside of a sterile environment.  Wear your virtue signal and be happy. Who is dumb enough to think that restricting your oxygen flow is good for any length of time? Just wondering 

You realize that there have been studies that have compared counties with mask mandates to counties without mask mandates that found lower rates of transmission in the counties with mask mandates, right?  Important disclaimer though:  if you're a dummy who wears the same mask over and over without washing it, you may not lower the chance of catching covid.

12 minutes ago, Nickysixes said:

Have you even attempted to inform yourself on this, or are you just going to keep bleating out things you heard on "the facebook and the twitter machine"

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Nickysixes said:

I shouldn’t dignify this complete and total drivel with a response, but here goes. Masks have been proven to be effective at slowing the spread of this and other viruses. No, they’re not 100% effective, and maybe not even close to 100% effective. To put this into a weather enthusiast perspective (assuming you’re actually a weather enthusiast and not just an anti-mask troll, and I’d say the jury is still out on that one, at least in my mind), tornado warnings sadly aren’t 100% effective at preventing injuries or deaths, so should the NWS stop issuing them? I guess they’re as useless as a snow shovel in Barbados, in your mind. 

And restricting your oxygen flow? Where on God’s green earth did you hear such a thing that you could babble about on an internet weather forum? The ignorance of such a statement is beyond belief. You mean to tell me that covid particles can pass through a mask like a wide open door but when it comes to (MUCH SMALLER) O2 molecules, it turns into the Ever Given in the Suez Canal? Good lord!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Honestly, you just have to look at who's on your side of the argument. If by some cosmic mistake, I'd be of the opposing viewpoint, and I saw that clowns like this are on my side, I'd probably just jump ship on the spot.

Agreed. It’s no coincidence that nearly all of the people in this thread that were able to accomplish the not-so-easy task of getting a degree in meteorology, happen to be more or less on the same side of these issues.

9 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Honestly, you just have to look at who's on your side of the argument. If by some cosmic mistake, I'd be of the opposing viewpoint, and I saw that clowns like this are on my side, I'd probably just jump ship on the spot.

Get jumping. I bet my "left" leg we voted for the same person for pres. last year and I'm embarrassed to share that with a lot of you. You still haven't added a single non-emotionally charged post to this thread. 

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

I shouldn’t dignify this complete and total drivel with a response, but here goes. Masks have been proven to be effective at slowing the spread of this and other viruses. No, they’re not 100% effective, and maybe not even close to 100% effective. To put this into a weather enthusiast perspective (assuming you’re actually a weather enthusiast and not just an anti-mask troll, and I’d say the jury is still out on that one, at least in my mind), tornado warnings sadly aren’t 100% effective at preventing injuries or deaths, so should the NWS stop issuing them? I guess they’re as useless as a snow shovel in Barbados, in your mind. 

And restricting your oxygen flow? Where on God’s green earth did you hear such a thing that you could babble about on an internet weather forum? The ignorance of such a statement is beyond belief. You mean to tell me that covid particles can pass through a mask like a wide open door but when it comes to (MUCH SMALLER) O2 molecules, it turns into the Ever Given in the Suez Canal? Good lord!

In regards to the bolded, the WHO message about exercising does say the mask may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.  Don't shoot the messenger :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

In regards to the bolded, the WHO message about exercising does say the mask may reduce the ability to breathe comfortably.  Don't shoot the messenger :ph34r:

While I guess thats true I also wore a mask today for 2+ hours while mixing cement and grinding. We have to get fit tested and everything for those masks. So while a tiny portion may actually feel like they cant breath, if a tiny "piece of fabric" disrupts your breathing pretty sure you should see a doctor and find out why. Theres no reason you should have trouble breathing with that on. 

• Like 2