Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 hours ago, TimB84 said:

If a mask protects against the flu, as by your own admission it does, wouldn’t it stand to reason that it also protects against covid?

I'm sure they help, is the statement you quoted not factual?   To the extent they help with covid is debatable.   

Just now, schoeppeya said:

To be fair, if you are scared of the vaccine you could just not get it.... 

Haha yes.   I just don't relate waiting to get the vaccine as being scared.  Though I'm sure there are people that are, and rightfully so.  The pharmaceutical industry is a dirty one. 

10 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I'm sure they help, is the statement you quoted not factual?   To the extent they help with covid is debatable.   

But if masks reduced covid deaths by even 1%, that would be 5,000 people who are alive today that wouldn’t have been if we didn’t require masks.

32 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

It's debatable whether your mask is 62% effective, 71% effective, etc.  Not all types of masks are created equal and I'm sure we've all seen people who are wearing loose-fitting ones or have them pulled down around their mouth/chin, thus making them less effective.

Regarding an earlier post... if somebody is actually wearing the same mask for weeks without properly washing it, then arguably they deserve to get covid imo. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It's debatable whether your mask is 62% effective, 71% effective, etc.  Not all types of masks are created equal and I'm sure we've all seen people who are wearing loose-fitting ones or have them pulled down around their mouth/chin, thus making them less effective.

Regarding an earlier post... if somebody is actually wearing the same mask for weeks without properly washing it, then arguably they deserve to get covid imo. 

In response to both of these issues, I agree. These masks have been a part of our society for over a year. If people haven’t yet figured out how to wear them, or that they need to be washed, then they’ve either been living in a cave, just want to be oppositional and defiant like a toddler, are letting Darwinism do its work, or all of the above.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It's crazy that some people wear the masks below their nose. Obviously that gives ZERO protection if you come in contact with the virus, since you breathe in through your nose.

I use the more expensive and protective KN95 masks, but since they are not supposed to be washed and are expensive I just rotate several of them instead of constantly having to buy new ones. By the time you get back to one that you have not worn for 5 days, any virus that you might have come in contact with will be dead and no threat. Having 5 or 6 masks and rotating them is a good option if you can't wash them.

30 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

You just don't get it. Smh

I'm guessing you're referring to my choice to wait for the vax (the other part about pharmaceutical industries is a fact).  Luckily we all get a choice.  If you disagree with it fine, but it's ones personal choice.  

• Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I'm guessing you're referring to my choice to wait for the vax (the other part about pharmaceutical industries is a fact).  Luckily we all get a choice.  If you disagree with it fine, but it's ones personal choice.  

Like I said, when the virus starts spreading through the unvaccinated, then mutates into a variant that OUR vaccine doesn’t protect us against, the blood is on your hands. Hope your conscience can handle that. Mine couldn’t.

What if it turns into something as deadly as SARS or MERS and millions of Americans die because people were afraid of a vaccine?

• Like 1

All the vaccine data is open to the public, independent scientists, and governments. We are not reliant on the pharmaceutical industry only to say its safe. 

• Like 5

Was looking at OH Valley metrics outside of Michigan. IL, IN, OH, PA all are up 20-30% in hospitalizations in last 2-3 weeks to go along with increases in cases and positivity. Similar to here in MA. hopefully no other states start spiking more significantly like Michigan has.

31 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Was looking at OH Valley metrics outside of Michigan. IL, IN, OH, PA all are up 20-30% in hospitalizations in last 2-3 weeks to go along with increases in cases and positivity. Similar to here in MA. hopefully no other states start spiking more significantly like Michigan has.

Unfortunately we might reach herd immunity without vaccines the way things are going here.

30 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Was going to post Indiana's numbers later as we are on the eve of the expiration of the statewide mask mandate.  You covered the hospital numbers.  As far as cases, we bottomed out around 750 per day in mid-March and are now slightly under 1000 per day, with the test positivity rate also creeping up.  Certainly nothing like Michigan, but not ideal.

I can't remember the last time I saw a customer in a store or other business without a mask on.  I have seen some employees in those places not wearing one or not wearing it properly.  It will take a bit of a mental adjustment to see people walking into a place without a mask, but I'm not sure how much of that I will be seeing in the immediate future.  My guess is that most businesses around here will still have a mask policy but I'm not really sure what to expect.

38 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Was going to post Indiana's numbers later as we are on the eve of the expiration of the statewide mask mandate.  You covered the hospital numbers.  As far as cases, we bottomed out around 750 per day in mid-March and are now slightly under 1000 per day, with the test positivity rate also creeping up.  Certainly nothing like Michigan, but not ideal.

I can't remember the last time I saw a customer in a store or other business without a mask on.  I have seen some employees in those places not wearing one or not wearing it properly.  It will take a bit of a mental adjustment to see people walking into a place without a mask, but I'm not sure how much of that I will be seeing in the immediate future.  My guess is that most businesses around here will still have a mask policy but I'm not really sure what to expect.

Our CEO just sent out an email that masks will be optional starting tomorrow. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Bingo. I actually have to fly into Detroit here in a month for work. Looks like the days of my rear end sitting behind a computer only are coming to an end

You should check the CVS site regularly, it’s how I got mine so quickly

I have mine tomorrow through CVS.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

This can go very bad if we are not careful. These variants are a huge wildcard

2 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Like I said, when the virus starts spreading through the unvaccinated, then mutates into a variant that OUR vaccine doesn’t protect us against, the blood is on your hands. Hope your conscience can handle that. Mine couldn’t.

What if it turns into something as deadly as SARS or MERS and millions of Americans die because people were afraid of a vaccine?

I'm still going to wait, thanks!

• Like 1

I'm still going to wait, thanks!

Within seconds, you got a “like” from someone whose only post on any of these forums in nearly a year was in this thread and makes the badly flawed assumption that wearing masks causes you to breathe in your own CO2. That should tell you everything you need to know about the wisdom of not getting a vaccine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Within seconds, you got a “like” from someone whose only post on any of these forums in nearly a year was in this thread and makes the badly flawed assumption that wearing masks causes you to breathe in your own CO2. That should tell you everything you need to know about the wisdom of not getting a vaccine.

Cool thanks!  Best of luck with your decision.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Cool thanks!  Best of luck with your decision.

Don’t know what to tell you. There’s always a chance we’ll get a variant that’s as deadly as MERS that the vaccine still protects against. We’ll see how quickly people line up then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Nickysixes said:

Yes, wearing your own personal bacteria farm is effective! Michigan cases surging. One Covid+ patient in our ER today told nurse that he wears the same mask for weeks , doesn't understand how he tested positive 

Are masks required in gyms in Michigan?   Pretty sure the WHO says that is a cause of bacteria and not to wear one. 

3 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Viruses don't "grow" on your masks, and the bacteria that *might* definitely will not cause diseases, at least not in the way you morons think they will

If you're referring to me, I never implied a virus will grow on your mask lol.  Microorganisms yes.