• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

For those in favor of vaccine passports -- and in this instance, "passport" is referring to having one to just be able to attend concerts, sporting events, other activities, etc... not international travel -- is this something that you favor for the next few months (until basically everyone who really wants a vaccine will have had an opportunity to get one) or continuing for the rest of the year and into 2022, 2023?

50 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

For those in favor of vaccine passports -- and in this instance, "passport" is referring to having one to just be able to attend concerts, sporting events, other activities, etc... not international travel -- is this something that you favor for the next few months (until basically everyone who really wants a vaccine will have had an opportunity to get one) or continuing for the rest of the year and into 2022, 2023?

I don’t know how much I favor it now (I think full capacity sporting events and concerts shouldn’t start until after more people have been vaccinated anyway), but I quite possibly favor it more after everyone has had the opportunity to get the vaccine, until the pandemic is under control and new cases are below a certain limit (I don’t know what that limit is.)

Edit: yes, I know that sounds a little punitive.

• Like 1

I'm going to get my antibody test done next Friday to see if I still have them and most likely will get either the JJ shot or the 2 shot vaccine.

When you say bad side effects, do you mean a worse than normal reaction? There's large variance in the common reactions to the shots, especially the 2nd for the mRNA vaccines, but those are just signs of the immune response kicking in. As far as me, I had a pretty typical, not great but not awful symptoms from the second shot (moderate achiness, sore arm, chills but no fever) for about 18 hours.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The wave is trying to build, but is getting beaten back by increasing vaccinations and seasonal changes, particularly in the southern US.  Getting hospitalizations to drop under 30k has become like a hamster running on a wheel.  Hopefully better luck with that number later this month or next.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Percentage of people in each age group that have received at least one dose

Age Group   2021-04-03
75+ yrs   75.4%
65-74 yrs   75.2%
50-64 yrs   44.3%
40-49 yrs   31.9%
30-39 yrs   26.4%
18-29 yrs   17.7%

Can we ultimately get those top 2 age groups to 80-85%?  Not looking for an answer but just wondering out loud lol

4 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

Now we are complaining about a vaccine passport?  First complain about masks, now that?  Quit bitching and do what you’re asked, is that so tough?

You could say they are both in the interest of public health, but I do look at the passport issue differently than masks.  

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

You could say they are both in the interest of public health, but I do look at the passport issue differently than masks.  

You try to meet a republican base  half way and you get no where but chaos.  Just keep bowing down to them numbskulls huh.  Not.  when will this nightmare end though?  What a Greedy bunch we live amongst.. History won't be kind on our yrs to date.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

These not-quite-in-time stories are sad.  There's even a guy who got the first Pfizer, contracted covid shortly after, and then died before having a chance to get the 2nd shot.

The final insult: Some dying of COVID while awaiting vaccine

https://apnews.com/article/immunizations-coronavirus-pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine-veterans-d43aade61cf70abe1f9de070a8d1280b

14 hours ago, Hoosier said:

I generally don't comment on specific posters, but it seems like the discussion about Stebo may go on endlessly at this rate.

I have probably known him on these boards for longer than most of the people posting about him, and I can say that his style has not really changed over the years.  I'm not always a fan of it.  I'm sure his feeling of frustration with certain posters is genuine, but the forum is not run according to Stebo.  It never has been and won't be as long as he is not on the staff. 

My advice... learn to coexist, people.

A bunch of terrible posters are shitting this thread up, but you call me out. You aren't a fan because I am pushing you to do something for once. A bunch of anti-vax posts have no business in this thread nor does anything from Metfan who isn't in this subforum and is only here to drop empty brainless posts. Its not hard to keep this thread on topic if it actually was cleaned up a bit. Its gotten this far just fine until a bunch of dead weight started posting exclusively in here.

Oh and there are far more regulars in this subforum that post in here that would absolutely agree with me on this as well, so don't just pigeon hole me for calling it out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

11 hours ago, RyanDe680 said:

Now we are complaining about a vaccine passport?  First complain about masks, now that?  Quit bitching and do what you’re asked, is that so tough?

There’s places you can live more suited to your preferred form of government. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

There’s places you can live more suited to your preferred form of government. 

Seriously

This is a free country . We don't have to do what the government asks. Not every American is going to get the vaccine .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

Seriously

This is a free country . We don't have to do what the government asks. Not every American is going to get the vaccine .

You often need certain vaccines to attend public schools (childhood vaccines in elementary school and meningitis for college). Theres also legal precedence for the government mandate of vaccines in the US (see Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905)).  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Seriously

This right here will be the death of America. This is a free country but there is a such thing as common sense :rolleyes:.  If we are facing a national crisis that requires us all to work together for the greater good of us all then we we must do that which is required. 

• Like 6

Just now, StormfanaticInd said:

This right here will be the death of America. This is a free country but there is a such thing as common sense :rolleyes:.  If we are facing a national crisis that requires us all to work together for the greater good of us all then we we must do that which is required. 

Why is this so hard for Americans to grasp?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I feel like the "vaccine passport" would be a waste of time. I remember getting a fake ID 45 years ago so I could go into a bar. Any anti-vaxer that wants to travel could easily do the same thing.

And they should be prosecuted just like anyone else with a fake ID.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Although your definition of “Common sense” may be your objective reality, it’s not everyone’s objective reality.

What will be the death of this country is people failing to realize that people have different experiences in life that lead them to the beliefs they have. What’s common sense to someone who lives in Los Angeles, CA isn’t the same as someone who lives in Pioneer, OH. People get so caught up in trying to govern “the other half”, but the beauty of our system is that people have choices and freedom to live under local and regional governments that fit their point of view within our federal framework that primarily supports individual choice. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

You often need certain vaccines to attend public schools (childhood vaccines in elementary school and meningitis for college). Theres also legal precedence for the government mandate of vaccines in the US (see Jacobson v. Massachusetts (1905)).  

That’s a tricky one. Because there’s also a precedent to not require other vaccines (flu), which by all accounts thus far is much deadlier to school age individuals.