Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

CDC just announced vaccinated people can travel with little to no risk and no restrictions. I have a west coast road trip planned for next month. Should be back to normal by summer! 

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-can-travel-u-s-without-tests-n1262879

This is why I am racing to get mine done, chasecation at the end of May.

• Like 3

Europe’s vaccination rollout has been laughable. I count my blessings that Im a US citizen. 

I spoke with my physician earlier this week about getting the vaccine or not. I had C19 back in NOV and I called to ask if it’s appropriate to wait, or immediately get vaccinated...the answer was interesting. He recommended the J&J vaccine after 9 full months after C19 infection. 

There’s more than one reason to be thankful we live in this great country

Prediction: this thread will be going 10 years from now as the Czeck variant sweeps the world causing people to shit themselves non stop proving those that hoarded toilet paper in year one of the virus were ahead of the curve.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Guest said:

Prediction: this thread will be going 10 years from now as the Czeck variant sweeps the world causing people to shit themselves non stop proving those that hoarded toilet paper in year one of the virus were ahead of the curve.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stebo said:

All these <200 post posters coming out of the woodwork to take up residence in this thread. It isn't coincidence.

Hey now, don’t lump me in with the other low post count people. I only jumped in when someone called your views “extremist.”

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

Hey now, don’t lump me in with the other low post count people. I only jumped in when someone called your views “extremist.”

They are. And the fact that he thinks post counts are a reflection of the validity of anyone’s ideas is absurd and another addition in his long list of jack assery. Posting a lot on a weather forum doesn’t make you cool. I’d be willing to bet Stebo isn’t very good at social interactions in real life, hasn’t had any real responsibility or power in real life, and is enjoying his perceived ability to lord his moral high ground over people because it makes him feel powerful. It doesn’t, it just makes him and the few people who agree with him losers. The internet and your post count there aren’t real life. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

They are. And the fact that he thinks post counts are a reflection of the validity of anyone’s ideas is absurd and another addition in his long list of jack assery. Posting a lot on a weather forum doesn’t make you cool. I’d be willing to bet Stebo isn’t very good at social interactions in real life, hasn’t had any real responsibility or power in real life, and is enjoying his perceived ability to lord his moral high ground over people because it makes him feel powerful. It doesn’t, it just makes him and the few people who agree with him losers. The internet and your post count there aren’t real life. 

Do you really think anyone thinks posting a lot on a weather forum makes them cool? I would guess that’s a stretch for all of us. As in I don’t think any of us are deluded into thinking virtually anyone other than a meteorologist or fellow weather enthusiast would put posting on a weather forum on their list of “things that make a person cool.”

31 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Do you really think anyone thinks posting a lot on a weather forum makes them cool? I would guess that’s a stretch for all of us. As in I don’t think any of us are deluded into thinking virtually anyone other than a meteorologist or fellow weather enthusiast would put posting on a weather forum on their list of “things that make a person cool.”

I think he does. Why else would he be using it as a point of reference? And he’s a red tag. AKA a meteorologist.

1 minute ago, schoeppeya said:

I think he does. Why else would he be using it as a point of reference? And he’s a red tag. AKA a meteorologist.

I understand he’s a meteorologist. But I’m almost certain that makes him even more likely to understand that most of the general populace doesn’t put posting on weather forums on the list of “things that make someone cool.”

10 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I understand he’s a meteorologist. But I’m almost certain that makes him even more likely to understand that most of the general populace doesn’t put posting on weather forums on the list of “things that make someone cool.”

I’m not talking about what he thinks about the rest of the population. That’s exactly my point. I can assure you he’s not out in public or at work saying the stuff he’s saying, he’s posting it online on a weather forum where there are a couple other losers who agree with him and he feels cool/important. There is literally no other reason to bring up post counts. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I’m not talking about what he thinks about the rest of the population. That’s exactly my point. I can assure you he’s not out in public or at work saying the stuff he’s saying, he’s posting it online on a weather forum where there are a couple other losers who agree with him and he feels cool/important. There is literally no other reason to bring up post counts. 

You’ve been on a weather forum for 7.5 years and have 45 posts about weather and roughly 140 about coronavirus. You’re not here to discuss weather, you’re here to discuss coronavirus (which is fine, if you’re not going around calling people losers because they have a different opinion from you). But of course he’s going to be skeptical of that pattern.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

You’ve been on a weather forum for 7.5 years and have 45 posts about weather and roughly 140 about coronavirus. You’re not here to discuss weather, you’re here to discuss coronavirus (which is fine, if you’re not going around calling people losers because they have a different opinion from you). But of course he’s going to be skeptical of that pattern.

You do realize you just pretty much described stebo right?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I read about the weather without posting because I don’t feel like I know enough to add anything valuable, generally. There’s a lot of people who know a lot more than me (Stebo included) that I learn a lot of information from. I don’t feel that way about this subject. This is a coronavirus thread,  so why does it matter?

You've consistently defended him (including right now, taking issue with me calling him a loser) when the entire reason I’ve repeatedly engaged with him is because he attacks groups of people and individuals on a personal level (calling them idiots, selfish, stupid) that he knows nothing about but take issue with me calling him a loser for doing so. Why?

ETA: since you’re already combing through my profile, why don’t you go back and read the comments I’ve responded to him on and see who is making personal attacks or using incendiary language, instead of jumping into a 292 page thread 280 pages in and blindly backing the guy you feel shares the same POV as you. 

2 hours ago, schoeppeya said:

I am using it as a point of reference that you low post posters only are posting in here to have an avenue for your terrible opinions and to drive this thread off topic and that some of you are either socks or trolls. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

Bingo