• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

Fwiw this story mentions it would be hard to determine a vaccine related cause of death.  Still, there are many of these stories, coincidental or not.

"Dr. Erik Christensen, Utah's chief Medical Examiner, said proving vaccine injury as a cause of death almost never happens."

https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-does-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

You're misinterpreting that data. 

Thanks for the information.  I had a co-worker point me to that site and out of curiosity I selected COVID just to see.  I realize some of that data is definitely random people submitting data that hasn't been examined for root cause, however how much of it is real?  Hopefully they follow up and sift through that data to find what is real and what isn't.  Is there another place like this where you can find verified information instead?

5 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Fwiw this story mentions it would be hard to determine a vaccine related cause of death.  Still, there are many of these stories, coincidental or not.

"Dr. Erik Christensen, Utah's chief Medical Examiner, said proving vaccine injury as a cause of death almost never happens."

https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-woman-39-dies-4-days-after-2nd-does-of-covid-19-vaccine-autopsy-ordered

Science isn't done by anecdotes. 

26 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

No one is at zero risk of course, but there are people that are at higher risk and people that are at low risk. The statistics overwhelmingly show that the majority of people that get sick enough to be hospitalized have overweight/obesity/underlying health conditions. If you're completely healthy the risk is very low. Not zero, but very low.

Agreed, each individual should do their own risk assessment.   High risk or concerned, get the vax.   Low risk,  don't get it if you don't want.  

8 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Thanks for the information.  I had a co-worker point me to that site and out of curiosity I selected COVID just to see.  I realize some of that data is definitely random people submitting data that hasn't been examined for root cause, however how much of it is real?  Hopefully they follow up and sift through that data to find what is real and what isn't.  Is there another place like this where you can find verified information instead?

Not sure about verified information but scientists are always combing through that. It's the reason that some European countries and Canada suspects theres some potential link between a rare blood clot disorder and the azn Oxford vaccine. It's not being used for those under 55 here. 

49 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Yall keep saying "high risk" :rolleyes: I know of several healthy individuals who got covid and became severely ill or died. Everyone is at risk period 

Yeah and I know personally over a dozen people who had either no symptoms or what amounted to sniffles and sneezes. Anecdotes don’t work here. 

It is a FACT that you have a better chance of dying in a car wreck than dying from covid if you are healthy and under 40. 

Not one of you who wants to act like I’m some asshole has even attempted to answer why it matter if someone gets the vaccine next month or next year when those who are most vulnerable have gotten it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Almost all athletes have a much high risk of being hospitalized from a sports related injury than they do from covid. Should we stop the sports?

First Met game postponed due to Nats players testing positive  for Covid 19.

I thought the MLB had a better plan if players tested positive. How about bringing some players up from the minors. No one got vaccinated?

This is bullshit. The whole series looks like it will be postponed.

• Weenie 1

Just now, schoeppeya said:

Almost all athletes have a much high risk of being hospitalized from a sports related injury than they do from covid. Should we stop the sports?

The same can be said for driving. I don't get your point? The vaccine isn't going to cause anyone from getting anything other then a headache for a few days. In terms of risk/benefit analysis its a no brainer. 

• Like 1

I mean unless you're more in shape than this guy is...? This guy is a workout warrior and got slammed by covid. I'll take the vaccine over getting sick like this. 

https://www.is.fi/nhl/art-2000007814144.html

Ristolainen has been suffering from a bad case of COVID-19

- Says he has gone through every possible symptom. He has asked around the league and no one else has had it this bad.

- His oxygen levels had dropped significantly and doing anything at all made him extremely tired

-After a couple of days his symptoms got better only to come back in a different form, chest pains for an example.

-When he had his chest pains, he felt like his heart is going to rip in two when walking up the stairs. Says couple of nights he felt like he wasn't sure if he's going to wake up.

-"I got healthy papers from the doctors but physically I am in such a bad shape that i have a long road ahead of me until I'm fit to play." (Despite this he also says that he can maybe see himself coming back some time next week, but not certain)

He sarcastically remarks that of course if he's going to get it, he'd get it when he's playing the best hockey of his career.

2 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

One thing to remember is that this virus is an evolving situation with new variants popping up. With so much virus still out there it would be wise to get vaccinated as soon as possible 

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

I mean unless you're more in shape than this guy is...? This guy is a workout warrior and got slammed by covid. I'll take the vaccine over getting sick like this. 

https://www.is.fi/nhl/art-2000007814144.html

Ristolainen has been suffering from a bad case of COVID-19

- Says he has gone through every possible symptom. He has asked around the league and no one else has had it this bad.

- His oxygen levels had dropped significantly and doing anything at all made him extremely tired

-After a couple of days his symptoms got better only to come back in a different form, chest pains for an example.

-When he had his chest pains, he felt like his heart is going to rip in two when walking up the stairs. Says couple of nights he felt like he wasn't sure if he's going to wake up.

-"I got healthy papers from the doctors but physically I am in such a bad shape that i have a long road ahead of me until I'm fit to play." (Despite this he also says that he can maybe see himself coming back some time next week, but not certain)

He sarcastically remarks that of course if he's going to get it, he'd get it when he's playing the best hockey of his career.

Still a bad hockey player...

• Like 2

Just now, StormfanaticInd said:

One thing to remember is that this virus is an evolving situation with new variants popping up. With so much virus still out there it would be wise to get vaccinated as soon as possible 

I’m not even arguing that, I agree. I just don’t understand why you guys feel like it’s necessary to attack people who don’t feel like they have to get vaccinated immediately. 

4 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

I’m not even arguing that, I agree. I just don’t understand why you guys feel like it’s necessary to attack people who don’t feel like they have to get vaccinated immediately. 

That's what they do best

13 hours ago, TimB84 said:

Of course it’ll be politicized, everything is. But yes, there needs to be societal pressure. I don’t have a lot of issue with businesses, particularly in the travel and hospitality industry, imposing restrictions on people who choose not to get the vaccine. I do have some qualms about the idea of vaccinated/non-vaccinated sections of restaurants like we did with smokers back in the day, simply because it would probably allow the virus to spread faster among non-vaccinated people if we herd them all into one section like that. (See, I’m not a monster.)

Not picking on you, but wtf is this really a thought by someone?   Are we going to go full segregation and get our own water fountains and bus seating too?

5 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

Yep, I just assume it's the keyboard warrios with nothing better to do and needing some purpose in life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Yall keep saying "high risk" :rolleyes: I know of several healthy individuals who got covid and became severely ill or died. Everyone is at risk period 

Think of it as a “high risk” like a “high risk” day from the NWS Storm Prediction Center issued within the past 5 years or so. 

6 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Not picking on you, but wtf is this really a thought by someone?   Are we going to go full segregation and get our own water fountains and bus seating too?

I read an editorial recently that mentioned it. While I don’t think it’s a good idea, comparing it to segregation is a false equivalency, unless you compare the smoking sections in restaurants in the 1990s to segregation as well. To me, smoking, like not getting vaccinated, is usually a conscious decision, but being black isn’t.

14 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Yep, I just assume it's the keyboard warrios with nothing better to do and needing some purpose in life. 

I’ll try to spend my afternoon working and not sitting on Twitter making a montage of all of the people with views on your side of the political aisle being keyboard warriors themselves, but it’s going to be tough. Keyboard warriors are prevalent on both sides of the aisle, and in no greater numbers on one side than the other.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

I’ll try to spend my afternoon working and not sitting on Twitter making a montage of all of the people with views on your side of the political aisle being keyboard warriors themselves, but it’s going to be tough. Keyboard warriors are prevalent on both sides of the aisle, and in no greater numbers on one side than the other.

O yes, they exist on both sides.  

• Like 1