Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

2 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Neither is letting "opposing viewpoints" of a pandemic sit here to fester, yet you let that shit slide. So yes it is completely necessary.

If you and other people feel I let too many opposing views slide, or not acted quickly enough, that's fair.  I wouldn't really even object to that.  I think there's room for opposing views on some things regarding this subject.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CorePunch said:

Its an absolute pipe dream to assume broad vaccination rates of 70% or higher. You’re just not going to see that. Many people have no interest in getting the vaccine. 70% is shooting for the stars. We’ll see. 

We probably don't even have a real chance to get to that percentage for many months anyway.  Not as long as kids 15 and younger can't get a vaccine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

If you and other people feel I let too many opposing views slide, or not acted quickly enough, that's fair.  I wouldn't really even object to that.  I think there's room for opposing views on some things regarding this subject.

Yeah and all the facebook level bullshit coming from Ohio posters for example is 'opposing' view points we don't need

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosier said:

We probably don't even have a real chance to get to that percentage for many months anyway.  Not as long as kids 15 and younger can't get a vaccine.

So if we aren't going to be anywhere near 70% soon, why do you think we won't need vaccine proof in June which is a bit over 2 months from now?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Would you still want proof of vaccination in June?  August?

Probably by that time it won't be necessary assuming no unexpected changes in the virus and vaccine effectiveness. 

I understand that this is a complex issue logistically and when you throw in how vaccine hesitancy has taken one political bent. I put in under current circumstances because by June/July vaccine supply should be more than enough to meet demand and I completely understand the argument to let people make their own choices and live with the consequences. 

I'm not hard-core must show vaccination to do everything. 

Just now, mattb65 said:

Probably by that time it won't be necessary assuming no unexpected changes in the virus and vaccine effectiveness. 

I understand that this is a complex issue logistically and when you throw in how vaccine hesitancy has taken one political bent. I put in under current circumstances because by June/July vaccine supply should be more than enough to meet demand and I completely understand the argument to let people make their own choices and live with the consequences. 

I'm not hard-core must show vaccination to do everything. 

Everything, no. Be in a stadium of people for example, yes.

• Like 1

Wether we like it or not, many people will not get the shot. And with all do respect, that decision should be respected. Personal choice is enshrined in this country.  I do believe that most people are doing the right thing and are getting the shot for their own health and secondly, for the health of their fellow peers.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:

I'm not anti vax.  I'm anti covid vaccine thanks.  

You may have already posted this but why specifically are you against the covid vaccine? Would your opinion change once it's fully FDA approved or change under any circumstances?

16 minutes ago, Stebo said:

And that is anti-vax thinking, because it allows them to say no when we are in the middle of a pandemic and over 500k people are dead. Allowing people to wait out the clock and not get the vaccine is not what we need at all. Polio, measles, smallpox were all eradicated because everyone got vaccinated.

You don’t get to decide whether my statement is anti vaccine two seconds after I just said I’m pro vaccine. Polio, measles, and smallpox didn’t have mild cases in 90 percent of the people who caught it. The seriousness of the disease is what forced everyone to get the vaccine, not mandates or some angry man on the internet yelling “idiot”. There’s a reason not everyone gets the flu vaccine every year, even during really bad flu years, and whether you want to accept it or not, it’s a fact that covid is about as serious for a lot of people as the flu is. Why are people allowed to accept that risk but you get to decide that they can’t accept this one? 

Just now, CorePunch said:

Wether we like it or not, many people will not get the shot. And with all do respect, that decision should be respected. Personal choice is enshrined in this country.  I do believe that most people are doing the right thing and are getting the shot for their own health and secondly, for the health of their fellow peers.  

Under these circumstances you can't respect that decision 

1 minute ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Under these circumstances you can't respect that decision 

Let me guess. 

“Americans are so selfish” (while European and Brazilian cases explode and are getting vaccinated at much lower rates than Americans)

• Weenie 1

Just now, schoeppeya said:

Let me guess. 

“Americans are so selfish” (while European and Brazilian cases explode and are getting vaccinated at much lower rates than Americans)

They are selfish too. But we actually have enough vaccines here to vaccinate everyone.

• Like 2

Just now, mattb65 said:

You may have already posted this but why specifically are you against the covid vaccine? Would your opinion change once it's fully FDA approved or change under any circumstances?

There are others that need the vaccine way more than I do (high risk, elderly, those living in fear and need it to get on with their lives etc).   To go along with that, yes, I may reconsider at some point.   The other part is just a general distrust for a rushed vaccine that hasn't shown much benefit  yet (outside of those with high risk)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, dta1984 said:

There are others that need the vaccine way more than I do (high risk, elderly, those living in fear and need it to get on with their lives etc).   To go along with that, yes, I may reconsider at some point.   The other part is just a general distrust for a rushed vaccine that hasn't shown much benefit  yet (outside of those with high risk)

There are literally countless stories to the contrary.

9 minutes ago, CorePunch said:

I agree but also think that personal choices can have reasonable benefits and consequences. People that choose to get vaccination shouldn't have to spend a bunch of money to get a pre travel covid test to avoid quarantine in hawaii for example. But an unvaccinated person should still need to get their test to prove that they aren't carrying the virus. 

Many colleges require a whole host of immunizations to attend same with elementary school,  same with the military. This isn't a new concept. 

• Like 4

Just now, dta1984 said:

Please share.  It's been through a normal vaccine approval phase?

I am saying there has been countless articles posted in this thread of proof that it has shown positive benefits. If we went through the normal time process, millions would have died.

Just now, mattb65 said:

I agree but also think that personal choices can have reasonable benefits and consequences. People that choose to get vaccination shouldn't have to spend a bunch of money to get a pre travel covid test to avoid quarantine in hawaii for example. But an unvaccinated person should still need to get their test to prove that they aren't carrying the virus. 

Many colleges require a whole host of immunizations to attend same with elementary school,  same with the military. This isn't a new concept. 

This is a great post. Very much agree. I do think at some point in the future we will reach a threshold where that goes away too, though. @Stebo see how he made his point in a thoughtful way without degrading anybody or calling them idiots?