Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

59 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Shit is pretty rough in Europe, especially Eastern Europe. Hopefully they can get the vaccination program in gear over there. 

Much of Europe and Asia has more vaccine hesitancy than the Americas, Africa, India, and Australia. 

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31558-0/fulltext

gr1.jpg

Must be a lot of Republicans in Russia and China

coronavirus name - In President Donald Trump's notes for a COVID-19 briefing on March 19, the word “corona” was crossed out and replaced with "Chinese" virus.

For the dipshits saying that "China virus" is a completely neutral term with no ill connotation, here's a nice HD photo of Trump's speech notes in which he initially used it. I know your inference skills leave much to be desired, so let me give you a hint: why do you think he decided to make the name change in the first place? It's definitely not just because the virus came from there, trust me. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

Again, your use of "China virus" is pure talking points. The Italian Virus sucks all right. Why keep you keep on gaslighting everything is pretty lol.

Are you really this dumb or pretending?   Ok I get the China points, I'm talking about the variants.  Those terms are often used in here by those of web forum seniority.  If you don't like the terms quit using them.  Lead by example.  

• Weenie 1

Brazilian variant found in Brooklyn

90 year old male

Brooklyn resident, 90, has contagious

Brazilian variant of COVID-19, Cuomo says.The first New York case of the Brazilian coronavirus variant was found in an elderly Brooklyn resident, Gov. Cuomo said. The Brazilian variant is more easily transmitted and can cause more severe illness in those who are infected

31 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

90 year old male

Brazilian variant of COVID-19, Cuomo says.The first New York case of the Brazilian coronavirus variant was found in an elderly Brooklyn resident, Gov. Cuomo said. The Brazilian variant is more easily transmitted and can cause more severe illness in those who are infected

Careful with that ..... :ph34r: lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MJO812 said:

90 year old male

Got a link?  

I wonder if the guy was vaccinated.  Would greatly improve his odds of avoiding a serious case.

There's something I've been wondering.  It's a bit nuanced but maybe our resident doctor can answer.

The vaccines have shown to be tremendously successful in preventing severe disease/hospitalization.  But this would largely be in a world with mask wearing and other precautions, such as social distancing. 

Sometime in the future, let's say someone who has been vaccinated is in church and near someone who wasn't vaccinated and is carrying covid and singing.  Neither party is wearing a mask.  Would being exposed to a higher viral load make it harder for that person's vaccine-acquired protection to deal with?  Is there sound logic behind the idea that an initial high viral exposure may be more likely to make a vaccinated person seriously ill?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

There's something I've been wondering.  It's a bit nuanced but maybe our resident doctor can answer.

The vaccines have shown to be tremendously successful in preventing severe disease/hospitalization.  But this would largely be in a world with mask wearing and other precautions, such as social distancing. 

Sometime in the future, let's say someone who has been vaccinated is in church and near someone who wasn't vaccinated and is carrying covid and singing.  Neither party is wearing a mask.  Would being exposed to a higher viral load make it harder for that person's vaccine-acquired protection to deal with?  Is there sound logic behind the idea that an initial high viral exposure may be more likely to make a vaccinated person seriously ill?

Thats a good question. I would like to know also