Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

59 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

there’s a lot more to being healthy than just weight.

100% true

It is well-established at this point that being overweight/obese can result in worse outcomes for covid.  But speaking more generally, being at a normal weight does not necessarily mean you are healthy.  

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

100% true

It is well-established at this point that being overweight/obese can result in worse outcomes for covid.  But speaking more generally, being at a normal weight does not necessarily mean you are healthy.  

I mean there's a difference between fat shaming and encouraging people to lead a healthy lifestyle. It doesn't have to be one or the other

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hlcater said:

the 2nd dose blows. That's all im gonna say. 

It seems a little idiosyncratic, the second dose for me was just like the first - sore arm for about one day but a couple other people in my group felt a bit more under the weather for a day and needed to take some tylenol/motrin.

The good news is it appears nationwide cases and hospitalizations have finally peaked. Deaths should peak by the end of the month. How quickly the numbers drop is still a bit of a guess though. Depends on things like how fast vaccinations ramp up and what the virus itself does.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

The good news is it appears nationwide cases and hospitalizations have finally peaked. Deaths should peak by the end of the month. How quickly the numbers drop is still a bit of a guess though. Depends on things like how fast vaccinations ramp up and what the virus itself does.

I getting the feeling also that we are now at the peak. The more we get vaccinated the better the numbers should get

18 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

Every dude triggered by that Cosmo cover gives off huge incel energy.

It doesn't matter if it's a woman or a guy.  Point is obesity is known to put you at an increased risk for covid complications (as with other pre existing conditions).   There are not enough lifestyle improvement messages.  We're almost at a year now.  Plenty of time people could have made smarter choices.  

• Weenie 1

Competing things at work going forward.  The past couple times we were coming down from peaks in spring/summer.  Now we will be trying to come down while the seasonality component still wants to hold us up, but this time we have the vaccines becoming more distributed with each passing day.

10 minutes ago, Nickysixes said:

That article is the fakest shit I've ever seen. It sounds like it was written by a third grader who just watched a Magic School Bus episode on the cardiovascular system.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

That article is the fakest shit I've ever seen. It sounds like it was written by a third grader who just watched a Magic School Bus episode on the cardiovascular system.

Unfortunately, these people are beyond convincing. I have a few family members who just simply don't care, regardless of the statistics or personal anecdotes you share with them. This pandemic has brought out the worst (and occasionally best) in people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I mean we know some people were intellectual stunted but corona has shown that many are dumbasses.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

This represents one of the biggest threats our country needs to address. The regulation and possible removal of harmful disinformation and misinformation across social media platforms. Unfortunately many Americans don't have the science or medical background to distinguish between factual reliable health guidance and politically twisted garbage. This applies not only to covid but obviously other events that are transpiring now. 

• Like 3