Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 minute ago, Angrysummons said:

You do realize, that is holiday makeup don't you? Its going to look "pretty bad" into January. By the end of the month, cases and hospitalizations will be fading.

"Conservatives" don't even understand where "Communism" came from or its beliefs, which aren't quite what they think. DTA, educate yourself. These viruses mutate persistently to infect. The only "PR" is your consistent whining. The media doesn't even think its that big of deal. Vaccines to the elderly are important in the burnout effect. With the elderly not taking up hospital space, the economy goes back to normal operation. Got it yet? The elderly have clogged up the system. Vaccines help unclog it.

Why are you so disrespectful? Geez I guess you really are angry. lol

15 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

You do realize, that is holiday makeup don't you? Its going to look "pretty bad" into January. By the end of the month, cases and hospitalizations will be fading.

"Conservatives" don't even understand where "Communism" came from or its beliefs, which aren't quite what they think. DTA, educate yourself. These viruses mutate persistently to infect. The only "PR" is your consistent whining. The media doesn't even think its that big of deal. Vaccines to the elderly are important in the burnout effect. With the elderly not taking up hospital space, the economy goes back to normal operation. Got it yet? The elderly have clogged up the system. Vaccines help unclog it.

20201230_161907.jpg

55 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Is there a point you're trying to make by quoting his desire to not continue a lockdown?  

I maybe a bit naive here in Mchenry Co. but most everything seems open during this so called tier 2 mitigation of closings. Most of our restaurants are open for indoor dining and bars. Stores were busy over the holidays. Outside of the airlines and my kids not being in school can't really see this round of restrictions affecting my neighbors from going about their lives. They just have to wear a mask while shopping. In other words I'm not surprised at the surge in cases over this winter not only due to the seasonal component of covid but also a new more contagious strain might be  floating around in the US for awhile. 

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

Boy, you can't stop posting can you??? This was never going to be fast, because the Trump Administration delayed things. Got it yet? Come back March 1st and you will learn.

You post on this thread far more than I do. I'm not allowed to? Bidens going to come to the rescue? Just an observation that a government roll out of vaccinations maybe a slow mess whether its under Trump or Biden. Point being if you don't get shots in people's arms by the summer or fall what the hell is the point. Also Fauci forced me to remind everyone incessantly vaccine roll out  so far has been disappointing.lol

While the UK Variant has now been found in multiple U.S. states, I haven't seen any evidence that it has become the dominant strain anywhere here yet. I doubt this was responsible for the initial fall surge in Colorado (or anywhere else in the U.S.), just like it wasn't responsible for the initial fall surge in the UK. If we see states which are in a decline in cases start spiking again, it would be a real red flag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dan11295 said:

While the UK Variant has now been found in multiple U.S. states, I haven't seen any evidence that it has become the dominant strain anywhere here yet. I doubt this was responsible for the initial fall surge in Colorado (or anywhere else in the U.S.), just like it wasn't responsible for the initial fall surge in the UK. If we see states which are in a decline in cases start spiking again, it would be a real red flag.

If this new strain takes off in America(if it hasn't already) we are in trouble 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Why? The vaccine protects against the new strain too. 

True but its going to  be a race especially if this new strain is as contagious as they say it is. We really need to ramp up our vaccination process but we are really lacking leadership at the federal level. States which are already cash strapped have pretty much been left on there own to vaccinate which is not a recipe for success against this virus. Until leadership recognizes that we are in this together (left right) we are never going to beat this thing 

If I remember, the UK hired an additional 10k people to help administer the vaccine.  Of course, we didn't take this approach.

We're now under operation tortoise when it comes to administering this.  I'm not really sure what warp speed did - Pfizer and Moderna had the vaccine variant developed prior to the formation of warp speed.  Sure the FDA fast tracked it, but not sure what else happened besides that.  The speed should have come in the administration.  It doesn't help to have it available not being put to use.  We need more people to give it out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RyanDe680 said:

If I remember, the UK hired an additional 10k people to help administer the vaccine.  Of course, we didn't take this approach.

We're now under operation tortoise when it comes to administering this.  I'm not really sure what warp speed did - Pfizer and Moderna had the vaccine variant developed prior to the formation of warp speed.  Sure the FDA fast tracked it, but not sure what else happened besides that.  The speed should have come in the administration.  It doesn't help to have it available not being put to use.  We need more people to give it out.

It comes down to leadership. Period. 

When America needed a strong leader who could  bring America together during a national crisis we had a clown. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

True but its going to  be a race especially if this new strain is as contagious as they say it is. We really need to ramp up our vaccination process but we are really lacking leadership at the federal level. States which are already cash strapped have pretty much been left on there own to vaccinate which is not a recipe for success against this virus. Until leadership recognizes that we are in this together (left right) we are never going to beat this thing 

The new strain has likely been here for months. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if "irrelevant" is the right word considering the higher infectivity and at least some ability to evade antibody neutralization. It's certainly not the biggest issue in the near term though, considering the virus (regardless of strain) is looking like it's going to run through most people before they have a chance at getting a vaccine.