Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

5 hours ago, fujiwara79 said:

we've become a third world country in some respects.  not in terms of wealth, but in terms of government and societal dysfunction.  we have 3000 people dying per day and slowly heading into a double-dip recession.  our government is incapable of addressing the needs of the people.  meanwhile, we have a gigantic fundraising scam going on ($500 million dollars and counting) that is completely based on a fake story ("rigged" election).  geez, donate your money to a food bank instead.  were people this stupid 20 years ago?  i'd like to think not, but maybe social media has made stupidity contagious.

We are not heading for a double dip recession. Stop the hyperbole. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

I'm still concerned about the logistics. I don't really have the highest degree of confidence in this administration to pull this off

Relax dude. I do this for a living, it’s not THAT hard. The companies will do this in collaboration with the government and it’ll have hiccups at first

If anything the biggest issue currently is there is basically no contact tracing. I know Apple has it already setup on the phone, but few states have it. It’s absurd how we’re using identical measures to 1918 when we have so much technology on us at all times

• Weenie 2

8 hours ago, fujiwara79 said:

we've become a third world country in some respects.  not in terms of wealth, but in terms of government and societal dysfunction.  we have 3000 people dying per day and slowly heading into a double-dip recession.  our government is incapable of addressing the needs of the people.  meanwhile, we have a gigantic fundraising scam going on ($500 million dollars and counting) that is completely based on a fake story ("rigged" election).  geez, donate your money to a food bank instead.  were people this stupid 20 years ago?  i'd like to think not, but maybe social media has made stupidity contagious.

FACTS!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Relax dude. I do this for a living, it’s not THAT hard. The companies will do this in collaboration with the government and it’ll have hiccups at first

If anything the biggest issue currently is there is basically no contact tracing. I know Apple has it already setup on the phone, but few states have it. It’s absurd how we’re using identical measures to 1918 when we have so much technology on us at all times

You may do this for a living but I highly doubt you have done it under these circumstances 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RyanDe680 said:

We are not heading for a double dip recession. Stop the hyperbole. 

I guess most economists are also engaging in hyperbole because they’re worried about the same thing.  The economy has slowed down big time since the summer.  That’s irrefutable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fujiwara79 said:

I guess most economists are also engaging in hyperbole because they’re worried about the same thing.  The economy has slowed down big time since the summer.  That’s irrefutable. 

Has it?  I am not an economist, but I haven't seen that locally.  Maybe you have?  

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

12 hours ago, Stebo said:

You bring up mental health and your reply to someone you are assuming may have an issues is "get some fresh air". How about you get some god damn brains for once.

Lol, sad.

Man come on, stepping away and getting fresh air is absolutely recommend to help with mental health.   

• Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Call me what you want.  My company has hired 245 people in the last month alone.

ah yes, you're probably one of those people who thinks "my neighbor is doing great, therefore we can't be in a recession".

my company has grown too.  doesn't mean the economy hasn't slowed down.  our 14 trillion economy isn't represented by your company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Would not be surprised to see today come in below last Friday case numbers wise. Last Friday was so high partly from clearing Thanksgiving week backlog. Plus cases from Thanksgiving gathering transmission should be mostly reported out already. Nationally we are very close to peak IMHO.

2 hours ago, purduewx80 said:

Fox Business good enough for you?

1399044815_ScreenShot2020-12-11at8_33_24AM.png.f565e4cad98666e269cfa570d3183aad.png

News flash: the stock market is not a measure of the economic health of the average American. 

You're right, the market isn't the economic health of the average American.  It was never meant to be. 

And Fox news?   That's your source for economic data?

7 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Hospitalizations in PA supposedly fell by 200 today. Feels like a bit of a phony drop with cases +35% in last 7 days.

death counts are high there.  hospitalization counts tend to flatten off once the death counts get high.  sometimes you have other data issues where not all hospitals are reporting.

19 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

You're right, the market isn't the economic health of the average American.  It was never meant to be. 

And Fox news?   That's your source for economic data?

Would it be really surprising to have a recession given the change in people's buying behaviors, government restrictions and the lack of stimulus? 

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There was no stopping this thing, gyms reopening here and restaurants! 

618DF113-C7DB-48D0-A6E0-F36EF2EA710B.jpeg

Its interesting data for sure. I'm guessing that all the restrictions in NY at the restaurants and gyms make them relatively safe (they wouldn't be under normal circumstances) whereas you cant do the same deal in the home. 

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Its interesting data for sure. I'm guessing that all the restrictions in NY at the restaurants and gyms make them relatively safe (they wouldn't be under normal circumstances) whereas you cant do the same deal in the home. 

I realize there could be local differences, but in general, what is the percentage allowed in restaurants/bars in NY?