• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

PA is up from last Saturday, but many state in OH Valley/upper Midwest are down significantly from last Saturday so far. ND, MN, IN all down. Signs of at least a short term peak in the region, and should help the national numbers to start to stabilize. not sure if the warm weather a couple weeks back is factor. Although it hasnt helped PA yet.Of course with weather turned colder again and Thanksgiving next week....

I know that none of us are surprised at this. But it’s just so breathtaking how incompetent and uncaring he is. He’s just gonna play golf, watch TV, eat fast food, and tweet during his last months, and do nothing to help countless millions of Americans who are in a real bad place. Because we didn’t vote for him. What a worthless asshole.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

I know that none of us are surprised at this. But it’s just so breathtaking how incompetent and uncaring he is. He’s just gonna play golf, watch TV, eat fast food, and tweet during his last months, and do nothing to help countless millions of Americans who are in a real bad place. Because we didn’t vote for him. What a worthless asshole.

I'm just at a loss for words and to top it off congress is on vacation

The Ohio Department of Health reports 7,863 new COVID-19 cases with 260 more hospitalizations and 29 more deaths since Friday.

Recently, system errors, backlogs of positive antigen tests that need to be confirmed, and staff shortages due to COVID-19 infections have led to the delay of the daily coronavirus update. Today's update is pending thousands of test results meaning the real number of new cases is likely higher.

At this point it's no longer newsworthy that the federal government is not stepping up to address the rapidly worsening situation with the virus.  Rather, it would be newsworthy if they did.  Unfortunately it was not hard to forsee this happening in the post-election period.  Call your Senators and put pressure on them to get something done.  At least it has a small chance of working, unlike bemoaning it on a message board.

• Like 2

Nationally even if this sub forum area stabilizes some cases aren't going to drop nationally if the biggest states plus places in the south and east coast keep spiking. Three states in particular are California, Florida and Texas. The pullback in CA was absolutely necessary, their trajectory right now is a bit scary (but still not bad per capita). West Texas is in the worst shape anywhere in the country. Multiple cities/counties are asking for temporary morgues, but they cant do a single thing locally to try to contain the situation.

2 hours ago, WaryWarren said:

I realize he is an easy target right now, but what would you like him to do?   Your governor is the one to mandate masks, stay at home orders, open/close indoor dining bars etc. A stimulus package should be the top priority for congress. 

• Weenie 3

32 minutes ago, dan11295 said:

Nationally even if this sub forum area stabilizes some cases aren't going to drop nationally if the biggest states plus places in the south and east coast keep spiking. Three states in particular are California, Florida and Texas. The pullback in CA was absolutely necessary, their trajectory right now is a bit scary (but still not bad per capita). West Texas is in the worst shape anywhere in the country. Multiple cities/counties are asking for temporary morgues, but they cant do a single thing locally to try to contain the situation.

NYC is a ticking time bomb.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I realize he is an easy target right now, but what would you like him to do?   Your governor is the one to mandate masks, stay at home orders, open/close indoor dining bars etc. A stimulus package should be the top priority for congress. 

TALK...LEAD....UNITE....MAN UP

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

TALK...LEAD....UNITE....MAN UP

You’re trying to talk sense into someone who is still mentally struggling with the importance of masks, let alone appreciating and understanding the responsibilities of leading a nation of 330 million. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of you might not care about this because it does mention the word science.  

Most coronavirus cases are spread by people without symptoms, CDC now says

Most coronavirus infections are spread by people who have no symptoms, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in newly updated guidance.

It's one of the main reasons mask use is so important, the CDC said. 
"Most SARS-CoV-2 infections are spread by people without symptoms," the agency said in a section of its website devoted to explaining the science of how to use masks to control the spread of the virus.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/20/health/cdc-coronavirus-spread-asymptomatic-website-wellness/index.html

• Like 2

Have been feeling a little off ever since I woke up this morning.  Sinuses don't seem quite right.  Funny how hyper aware you are now and the first thought immediately goes to whether or not you might have covid.  Plus I was remembering how it's been 4 days since I was at my sister's house for a few hours.  I was double masked but they weren't wearing any.  Certainly will be keeping a very close watch on myself to see if anything changes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Have been feeling a little off ever since I woke up this morning.  Sinuses don't seem quite right.  Funny how hyper aware you are now and the first thought immediately goes to whether or not you might have covid.  Plus I was remembering how it's been 4 days since I was at my sister's house for a few hours.  I was double masked but they weren't wearing any.  Certainly will be keeping a very close watch on myself to see if anything changes.

Hope you get better. I have been the same way

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I agree had sinus infection few weeks ago and had to be tested for covid, definitely aware of everything in times like these.

30 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hope you soon feel better, and remember there are such viruses as the common cold and other rhinoviruses still around.  Have you ever been out to a restaurant since March as of yet?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Hope you soon feel better, and remember there are such viruses as the common cold and other rhinoviruses still around.  Have you ever been out to a restaurant since March as of yet?

Dining indoors... no.  I've tried to be very careful.  Tuesday was the first time I knowingly put myself in a prolonged situation in which I knew that people weren't going to be wearing masks.  Like I said, I was masked, and we kept our distance for the most part.  It was a pre-Thanksgiving visit, and strategically done on Tuesday because I am planning on getting together with my mother next Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving (only the 2 of us).  The vast majority of people would become symptomatic by the 11th day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dan11295 said:

115963569_3553901997974192_7620981070522932583_n.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1