Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

Just now, dta1984 said:

Nice unintelligible response, but it's a fact. 

Yeah its a bad thing field hospitals went unused? people all around from different states were saying how informative and comforted they were by Gov Cuomos daily briefings..  More than anybody can say about Bozo the Clown and his shit show briefings

5 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

You have to remember that a large number of people in NYC died at home instead... from covid and non-covid things.  Part of the reason why the field hospitals ended up being largely unused.

Also they didn't get set up fast enough because thing exploded so quickly. Honestly that response by dta is just beyond stupid, we need to be better in this thread and posts like that just aren't it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

You have to remember that a large number of people in NYC died at home instead... from covid and non-covid things.  Part of the reason why the field hospitals ended up being largely unused.

The hospitals were still overwhelmed whether the field hospitals were used or not. Seems like people don't understand its not just a physical bed and equipment issue but if staff is asked to care for more than typical patients or if non icu docs are having to take of icu patients then the standard of care begins to dropping quickly and the death rate goes up. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Yeah its a bad thing field hospitals went unused? people all around from different states were saying how informative and comforted they were by Gov Cuomos daily briefings..  More than anybody can say about Bozo the Clown and his shit show briefings

You numbskull, you said they were exaggerating nyc.   I posted about field hospitals which did sit mostly empty.  That is a fact.  They were terribly misused and that is well documented.   

"Red tape and poor communication between city, state and federal officials led to the field hospital as well as the Navy's deployed hospital ship, the USNS Comfort, sitting largely empty while public hospitals in the city reported crowded conditions and overwhelmed staff."

“I basically got paid $2,000 a day to sit on my phone and look at Facebook,” Katie Capano, a nurse practitioner from Baltimore who worked at the center, told the Times. “We all felt guilty. I felt really ashamed, to be honest.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dta1984 said:
You numbskull, you said they were exaggerating nyc.   I posted about field hospitals which did sit mostly empty.  That is a fact.  They were terribly misused and that is well documented.   

"Red tape and poor communication between city, state and federal officials led to the field hospital as well as the Navy's deployed hospital ship, the USNS Comfort, sitting largely empty while public hospitals in the city reported crowded conditions and overwhelmed staff."

“I basically got paid $2,000 a day to sit on my phone and look at Facebook,” Katie Capano, a nurse practitioner from Baltimore who worked at the center, told the Times. “We all felt guilty. I felt really ashamed, to be honest.”

So that seems to go more along the lines of government mismanagement, shocking, versus not used because of actual case load. That argument then falls dead and goes more after NYC, New York, and the feds. 

15 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Also they didn't get set up fast enough because thing exploded so quickly. Honestly that response by dta is just beyond stupid, we need to be better in this thread and posts like that just aren't it.

You don't like it then gtfo.   They were grossly missused, the issue. 

Cuomo killed 12,000 grandmas by sending them back to the nursing homes and wrote a book on how to "deal with a pandemic" that he is making tens of thousands of dollars on. He is condescending to anyone asking questions about his $25k salary increase in January while all the normal citizens suffer. He's the biggest joke of a governor in the country. To say he deserves an emmy is just pure comedy. He is profiting from the misfortune and suffering of others.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

C'mon guys. Knock it off. The field hospital thing was mismanaged AND NYC hospitals were overwhelmed, which I believe was the original point being made.

He is making it out to be something nefarious with the field hospitals, it was more about absolute uncertainty. Thank god we at least have an idea of what to do now compared to back in April.

• Like 1

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

Cuomo killed 12,000 grandmas by sending them back to the nursing homes and wrote a book on how to deal with a pandemic that he is making tens of thousands of dollars on. He is condescending to anyone asking questions about his $25k salary increase in January while all the normal citizens suffer. He's the biggest joke of a governor in the country.

Why is Cuomo the only governor responsible for all the nursing home deaths in his state? Nursing home deaths are still about 40% of all deaths across the entire country. Nursing home deaths are a huge problem and a large percentage of deaths in Europe, too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Why is Cuomo the only governor responsible for all the nursing home deaths in his state? Nursing home deaths are still about 40% of all deaths across the entire country. Nursing home deaths are a huge problem and a large percentage of deaths in Europe, too. 

So you're saying he successfully handled the pandemic despite having by far the most amount of deaths of any state? You think he should profit from other peoples sufferings? Is he the example we want to follow in how to combat this thing? He was late in applying for the extended UI because he dislikes Trump. I mean really...?

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

So you're saying he successfully handled the pandemic despite having by far the most amount of deaths of any state? You think he should profit from other peoples sufferings? Is he the example we want to follow in how to combat this thing? He was late to apply for the extended UI because he dislikes Trump. I mean really...?

No. I didnt say any of that. I'm questioning why he's responsible for every single nursing home death in his state while I never hear a damn thing about any other governor and their responsibility for nursing home deaths. 

NY was hit harder than any of other state early. Nursing home deaths are proportional to community transmission. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A-L-E-K said:

Cuomo is trash and did kill a bunch of people, this is true

I agree he's trash. I'm still in the camp that scientifically speaking, I dont believing sending back stabilized patients well after peak infectiousness would significantly increase spread. Most of the spread would be from staff bringing in the virus from the outside. 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I agree he's trash. I'm still in the camp that scientifically speaking, I dont believing sending back stabilized patients well after peak infectiousness would significantly increase spread. Most of the spread would be from staff bringing in the virus from the outside. 

Yes and the reluctance of medical directors at these homes in believing this was a real thing or following any sort of guidelines. The malpractice that went on in March and April was astounding.