Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

24 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Local hospitals here in PA creating extra wings and bringing in literally any doctor and or nurse from practices or possibly out of practice possible. Head of health system said if rate continues there is no way possible they can keep up. Sobering to see in your own backyard.

It happened here in April and was quite grim with morgue trucks outside the hospitals. Really hope the rest of the country isn’t headed that way. 

• Like 1

Some of you are categorizing people as "sociopaths" way, way too easily. The number of people who think this is a hoax or completely disregard precautions at this point is very very low, no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on. I understand that when you have a job that allows you to work remotely it is hard to understand how people can't take every precaution necessary to prevent the virus, but there is a huge number of people in the country who HAVE to go to work to pay their bills, and at least at the moment, there isn't enough government support for them to do otherwise. There is a large number of intelligent people on this board, but an equal amount of ignorance into the every day livelihoods of a lot of Americans. It really is not as simple as "just stay home". Additionally, a lot of the people getting sick now are people who are going to see their friends and family members who they haven't seen in months and months. It is exceptionally difficult to not see your loved ones. This virus is just so contagious that even when people do things the right way, people are still going to catch it. My grandmother passed from Covid last week and was in a nursing home that was doing everything they could right. Every body always wants to be able to blame somebody for what is going on, but the truth is we are just in a terrible and hard situation that isn't easy at any level. It isn't as simple as educated vs uneducated, red vs blue, urban vs rural, ect ect, and anybody who wants to make it that simple is blindingly ignorant to the realities of the world. 

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 5

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Will probably take 2-4 weeks if approved.  My department at Pfizer is actually the one that does the submissions.  Maybe by around Christmas time the first vaccinations can begin.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wmsptwx said:

Local hospitals here in PA creating extra wings and bringing in literally any doctor and or nurse from practices or possibly out of practice possible. Head of health system said if rate continues there is no way possible they can keep up. Sobering to see in your own backyard.

+200 in Hospitalizations today in PA. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stebo said:

I see that no mods have been around today because there has been a lot of bullshit in this thread all morning. Some of you need to just eject out of this thread. There is a thread in the New England subforum where you can post all your conspiracy bullshit and have it fester freely.

Weren't you the guy in here a few months ago saying that cases in the south were going crazy because they were all red states and nobody there was wearing masks? Turns out its a little more complicated than that huh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, schoeppeya said:

Weren't you the guy in here a few months ago saying that cases in the south were going crazy because they were all red states and nobody there was wearing masks? Turns out its a little more complicated than that huh?

It was more than that, it was the people in the south not giving a shit either, which I also stated. You seem pretty cavalier here though for someone who has only 40 or so posts.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stebo said:

It was more than that, it was the people in the south not giving a shit either, which I also stated. You seem pretty cavalier here though for someone who has only 40 or so posts.

How is my post count relevant? 

So what is going on in California, New York, Pennsylvania, and the Upper Midwest right now? Just more people who don't give a shit?

1 minute ago, schoeppeya said:

So what is going on in California, New York, Pennsylvania, and the Upper Midwest right now? Just more people who don't give a shit?

Cali is more people not giving a shit, the rest is more people being inside, less restrictions due to lawsuits, and complacency as you can see in this thread.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

Speaking of Cali, that's just poor leadership.  What a clown show

https://nypost.com/2020/11/18/photos-show-california-gov-newsom-at-maskless-party/

6 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

This is where population density also plays a roll. Just saying. Please nobody call me fourteen or off my rocker again. My poor heart can't take it. 

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

I think a good deal of the worst spread is now in rural areas actually. The virus took awhile to spread from the cities to the burbs to the rural areas. 

That's sort of what I meant, you just wrote it way better. I think it's bogus to compare cali to most other areas simply due to population density. On paper, states with big cities are simply at a huge disadvantage. 

• Like 1

Just now, Malacka11 said:

That's sort of what I meant, you just wrote it way better. I think it's bogus to compare cali to most other areas simply due to population density. On paper, states with big cities are simply at a huge disadvantage. 

In pure numbers I agree. But if you adjust per capita you can see the worst areas currently are places like North and South Dakota which are decidedly rural. 

• Like 1

Just now, OSUmetstud said:

In pure numbers I agree. But if you adjust per capita you can see the worst areas currently are places like North and South Dakota which are decidedly rural. 

For sure. Which is why it's funny when people try to say that urban areas are worse because they're numbers are higher, because as always, it's the percent that counts. 

• Like 1