Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

7 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Seems like the vaccine roll has been pushed back little to the end of December at the earliest. If that's the case then I highly doubt we avoid a national lockdown 

Won't happen, some states may get as aggressive as New Mexico but most wont I do not think.

Ugh at the Illinois number. So much for the drop yesterday.

• Sad 1

Rough in Michigan

Agree with this;

I understand there’s a pandemic, and I understand it’s very scary. I’m scared of it too. If you are at risk, do not leave your house until there’s a vaccine. But shutting down all these small businesses, things that people have worked their life for, shutting them down again is not the answer. Because they will not make it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matthew-staffords-wife-kelly-rants-about-covid-19-rules-im-over-living-in-a-dictatorship-we-call-michigan-185600459.html

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

More on how lockdowns cause more harm than good.  Directly from the Ohio governor;

@GovMikeDeWine: When we shut things down in the spring, we saw child abuse reporting going down b/c teachers generally report abuse. We saw a spike in mental health problems. We saw a spike in overdoses, we think because people took drugs alone and there was no one there to call 911.

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

More on how lockdowns cause more harm than good.  Directly from the Ohio governor;

@GovMikeDeWine: When we shut things down in the spring, we saw child abuse reporting going down b/c teachers generally report abuse. We saw a spike in mental health problems. We saw a spike in overdoses, we think because people took drugs alone and there was no one there to call 911.

Not to mention the rise in suicides - "We’ve already seen a steady rise in deaths by suicide over the past two decades and a new report by The Well Being Trust released last month found that 75,000 additional people could die from what they called “deaths of despair,” (which include suicide and substance use) because of Covid-19." https://www.psycom.net/covid-19-suicide-rates

• Thanks 3
  • Weenie 2

1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Rough in Michigan

Agree with this;

I understand there’s a pandemic, and I understand it’s very scary. I’m scared of it too. If you are at risk, do not leave your house until there’s a vaccine. But shutting down all these small businesses, things that people have worked their life for, shutting them down again is not the answer. Because they will not make it.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/matthew-staffords-wife-kelly-rants-about-covid-19-rules-im-over-living-in-a-dictatorship-we-call-michigan-185600459.html

What are you supposed to do if you're an essential worker who has preexisting conditions?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Too avoid lockdowns, the medical system must have a release of pressure. SInce the Federal Government is AWOL, the organization is not there for "covid camps" to put these people in. So you take them state by state or send them home to die or survive. Texas is already doing this. Maybe Michigan should as well. Then you could use social workers to find out if they croaked or not.

You can't be serious. Thats cold blooded 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

What are you supposed to do if you're an essential worker who has preexisting conditions?

I guess she wants those people to quit their jobs and stay inside their houses until there's a vaccine.

Athletes' wives really need to stay off Twitter.  Nobody cares what they think.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Are we agreeing to let people just die in favor of the economy? If so that is just pathetically sad!!! We can always recover the economy but you can NEVER EVER get your loved ones back!!!

In some states, yes.  Some people worship at the altar of three letters: G-D-P.

1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Unfortunately there are tradeoffs.  Pretty soon you might be hearing stories of people who are rushed to the hospital with appendicitis and there are no beds in the hospital for them.  In fact there are already some instances of that happening now.  It's up to the public to determine whether they would rather see their community hospitals overflowing vs. keeping Hoppy Squirrel Saloon open

• Sad 1

Who’s to determine what an “essential” job is? Haha this is what gets me, are we to tell a bartender they are not essential in our world? A barber? A hotelier?

The more these governments push, the easier they make it for large corporations to dominate. I may be banking my best bonus this year yet personally while working from home. Why? Because small businesses are aggressively offering lower prices to not take a massive loss

16 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Who’s to determine what an “essential” job is? Haha this is what gets me, are we to tell a bartender they are not essential in our world? A barber? A hotelier?

The more these governments push, the easier they make it for large corporations to dominate. I may be banking my best bonus this year yet personally while working from home. Why? Because small businesses are aggressively offering lower prices to not take a massive loss

this guy makes money

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Or we shut it all down and there is very few essential jobs then for a month. Instead of us trying to guess what is or is not essential. Oh and all 3 you listed are not essential.