Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Not to get too political but this blowback on Whitmer by this insane asshole  is just insane. 

That is a really irresponsible statement.  I could understand if someone has a terminal illness and doesn't have much time left anyway, but otherwise... :yikes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UMB WX said:

Most of the Celebrations were in Big Cities where folks were out and about enjoying the perfect wx already when it was called for Biden.  FFS we just saved our democracy by a pube hair..  Shame on us for being  ecstatic and relieved 

Saved?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I personally hope we eventually have a shelter in place nationally soon. As an educated adult I do not have the ability to personally make decisions about my health and hope the government makes it for me

I know you're being sarcastic, but the actual stat of Americans that don't have past a 10 grade education is pretty frightening.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I personally hope we eventually have a shelter in place nationally soon. As an educated adult I do not have the ability to personally make decisions about my health and hope the government makes it for me

Lol love this!  Alot have demonstrated already that they can't think for themselves.  It's sad. 

• Like 1

What's sad is that people believe that they're thinking for themselves by disobeying experts and people in positions of authority. when those experts are clearly right. 

Right now I'm honestly not sure how the country is still ignoring this so well. But come Christmas, when 300k a day are getting ill, I think that won't be a possibility anymore. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Angrysummons said:

dta, I get it. You want special rights, enforced by the government to ignore weakening health care system. Classic elitism. Its called a public heath emergency. Deal with it. Respect your tribe. Its like affirmative action lovers demanding their individual needs to be met due to the awful racists who won't let their individual persons "succeed". Its why Democrats sucked down ballet(but if it gets rid of Pelosi and Chucky the loser, good for that party) in the 2020 election despite a widespread anti-Trump vote.

Looking for special rights is bad. Is shows preference for crass individual theory over Indo-European tribal traditions.

Atlas is a Anti-American Lukudist. Of course he wants us to get sicker.

image.gif.c7b17e5fcc47c770c548281fea72ab6f.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

dta, I get it. You want special rights, enforced by the government to ignore weakening health care system. Classic elitism. Its called a public heath emergency. Deal with it. Respect your tribe. Its like affirmative action lovers demanding their individual needs to be met due to the awful racists who won't let their individual persons "succeed". Its why Democrats sucked down ballet(but if it gets rid of Pelosi and Chucky the loser, good for that party) in the 2020 election despite a widespread anti-Trump vote.

Looking for special rights is bad. Is shows preference for crass individual theory over Indo-European tribal traditions.

Atlas is a Anti-American Lukudist. Of course he wants us to get sicker.

Um nope, never mentioned anything about special rights.  I agreed with the comment that a segment of people want the government to hold their hand. 

25 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

What's sad is that people believe that they're thinking for themselves by disobeying experts and people in positions of authority. when those experts are clearly right. 

Right now I'm honestly not sure how the country is still ignoring this so well. But come Christmas, when 300k a day are getting ill, I think that won't be a possibility anymore. 

Next month they say 20-25 million people in the USA will be getting the vaccine and every month thereafter. If you believe this doctor, we're currently only diagnosing 1 in 5 Covid infections. If we're average 150k infections per day that equates to 750k new covid cases per day. If 11 million people have already been diagnosed than that means 55 million have already had Covid. Herd immunity is estimated to be between the vicinity of 40-70% of the population which would equate to 130 million to 231 million. We "should" have this virus in control by next spring "if" the vaccines are effective and "if" reinfection is as rare as we've seen.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/06/dr-scott-gottlieb-daily-us-covid-cases-are-at-least-half-a-million.html?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/trump-covid-vaccine-december-436481

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Lol love this!  Alot have demonstrated already that they can't think for themselves.  It's sad. 

I can't wait to post that I got an 18" storm when the airport and others around me say only 6" fell. Not my problem I measured in a drift and since we've all given up on facts it would be a fact that my measurement is correct. But please don't ask me to go measure the bare ground beside the snow drift, that's fake news. 

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

I can't wait to post that I got an 18" storm when the airport and others around me say only 6" fell. Not my problem I measured in a drift and since we've all given up on facts it would be a fact that my measurement is correct. But please don't ask me to go measure the bare ground beside the snow drift, that's fake news. 

This right here.

6 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah this isn't like summer BBQ. Most everyone celebrates Thanksgiving with a big get together and people are refusing to change that. 

This is my uncle's last Thanksgiving as he doesn't have much longer to live. His dying wish is for all of the family to get together for one last Thanksgiving. What should we tell him ?

8 minutes ago, Snownado said:

This is my uncle's last Thanksgiving as he doesn't have much longer to live. His dying wish is for all of the family to get together for one last Thanksgiving. What should we tell him ?

Get together virtually, it is dangerous to risk it as a family. 

27 minutes ago, ovweather said:

I really don’t know what the administration and moderators of this board’s problem is with discussing the politics of Covid? Hoosier, care to elaborate? Again, the reason this country is in this mess right now with Covid is because of politics being played with it. It’s ok for posters to post trolling conspiracy bullshit posts, but when posts that mentions the failure of the current administration to take control of the handling of the virus get deleted, what gives? If we aren’t allowed to openly discuss all aspects of the virus, including the political, then this thread should just be locked once and for all.

This topic very easily wades into politics, but in reality, politics are not even supposed to be discussed at this board.  We are really bending the rule in here sometimes.

The blame game for covid has been done for like 9 months.  What good does it do at this point?  We know what's up.  People are pretty well set in their ways.  We have an administration that is on the way out and we need to figure out some way to curb this mess and not just wait around for the vaccine.

1 hour ago, mississaugasnow said:

I love this. 

5 hours ago, Hoosier said:

73k hospitalizations now nationwide.

Hate to say it but 100k looks well within the realm of possibility by the end of this month.

Also this exceeds the spring and summer by 10k.  The next 2-4 weeks are unfortunately going to be horrific, only to be followed up by late December, early January.