Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Hospitals are on the brink of being completely overwhelmed. If this happens this death rate will skyrocket 

This already basically happened in the El Paso area. They had to fly patients elsewhere in Texas and it is very likely standard of care in the city suffered. They still have 1100 hospitalized in the El Paso area w/~1500 cases/day. Capacity issues are now starting to show up in many other areas, with the Plains and upper Midwest in worst shape and OH Valley not far behind.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

effin boned. most of us seen the these days ahead coming for a long time.  Thanksgiving Is going to be a slaughter.  Wisconsin Deer hunting season starting this weekend will only seed in to the Turkey Day Devastation.

The government is going to have to step in and cancel Thanksgiving as absurd as that sounds. Unfortunately there is no way to enforce this

27 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

effin boned. most of us seen the these days ahead coming for a long time.  Thanksgiving Is going to be a slaughter.  Wisconsin Deer hunting season starting this weekend will only seed in to the Turkey Day Devastation.

You want insanity, go to any comment section on Facebook. People are insistent of spending Thanksgiving together. December is going to be a catastrophe and far too many do not care one bit. I am glad my grandparents decided to cancel this year. It is insanely dangerous to cram people into houses by the dozens.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Stebo said:

You want insanity, go to any comment section on Facebook. People are insistent of spending Thanksgiving together. December is going to be a catastrophe and far too many do not care one bit. I am glad my grandparents decided to cancel this year. It is insanely dangerous to cram people into houses by the dozens.

But  but the Libs dancing in the streets. GTFO.   The goal was always to not stress the hospitals..  We did OK despite all the Karens, Chads and Conservatives not giving a F in round 1.  Now look where we are at.  It didn't have to be like this.   Infuriating 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah funny thing is most of those vids you see. The libs were wearing masks, just like the protests and riots basically added minimally to the COVID issues. 

Most of the Celebrations were in Big Cities where folks were out and about enjoying the perfect wx already when it was called for Biden.  FFS we just saved our democracy by a pube hair..  Shame on us for being  ecstatic and relieved 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Dude wear a mask and socially distance, you’ll be okay. Holy smokes you sound legitimately terrified to even leave your house at this point

All for the turkey.  Its no wonder we are where we are at.  Alek was spot on. We live amongst sociopaths. 

8 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Dude wear a mask and socially distance, you’ll be okay. Holy smokes you sound legitimately terrified to even leave your house at this point

I'm not terrified to leave the house, but I do have the sense that the virus is swarming and coming to get us all, especially in the northern states.  :snorkle:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I strongly encourage you to study the data like we study weather data then maybe you will understand our concerns 

I think half the problem is with the unfortunate data we have. Now how do we handle said data? Considering we basically let our guard down for the second wave? Should we shut down world economies? Forget about all other medical conditions other than Covid? Encourage even more mental health deaths? I for one don’t have an answer. Honestly there isn’t a right answer to this problem, just a better course, of which history will tell I suppose. Is having a turkey dinner with your family irresponsible? Yes, but so is going to your local grocery store. Who am I to judge 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cincy12 said:

I think half the problem is with the unfortunate data we have. Now how do we handle said data? Considering we basically let our guard down for the second wave? Should we shut down world economies? Forget about all other medical conditions other than Covid? Encourage even more mental health deaths? I for one don’t have an answer. Honestly there isn’t a right answer to this problem, just a better course, of which history will tell I suppose. Is having a turkey dinner with your family irresponsible? Yes, but so is going to your local grocery store. Who am I to judge 

Thats not even close to the same thing. Grocery store you are in and out but Thanksgiving family gatherings is an all day affair inside of a house. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cincy12 said:

They both have risk, but imo the home gatherings are more risky than the trip to the grocery store.  Homes are more confined and people tend to let their guard down around people they know.  Plus, for Thanksgiving, you are typically in somebody's home for 3, 4, 5 hours, if not more.

• Like 1

Just now, StormfanaticInd said:

Thats not even close to the same thing. Grocery store you are in and out but Thanksgiving family gatherings is an all day affair inside of a house. 

Plus you don't have to take off a mask to grocery shop. At a minimum people will take off their masks to eat for Thanksgiving.

• Like 3