• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

So a ramp controller who shares office with us tested positive yesterday confirmed today and i spent 7 hours with her albeit across a 25x25 tower both Thursday and Friday. I have been tested but I will be off work until I get the results back which may not be until Tuesday. No symptoms atm so who knows. Those who haven't had the test yet it isn't pleasant.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

My God! This is the man advising the president on this pandemic. Totally irresponsible for someone in his position to post something like this

20201115_192246.jpg

You already had the FBI uncover a plot to kidnap the Governor. To call this irresponsible is putting it mildly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

1.The Chicken little's whining about my anti-Pfizer rna/dna post, you should actually take time to read what it is and why it is not safe right now. Slammed together vaccines won't work. You need ones that have long standing tradition behind them. Not experimental bs.

Or, instead of making me go look up what I already know, you could explain what the fuck you're talking about since literally not a single soul on this forum comprehends it. Even dta, who acknowledges your point, is asking you to elaborate. 

This vaccine has been in the works for about ten months now. Between all of the governments across the world, an enormous amount of resources have likely been spent to create one. RNA/DNA vaccines have been around for decades, and are absolutely not experimental bs. There is literally no reason why this vaccine couldn't work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Notice how they only tweet that kind of stuff at Democratic governors.  We had all of the restrictions in Indiana back in spring, with a Republican governor, and there wasn't a peep out of them.  

This isn’t true. Mike Dewine is a Republican governor and taken quite a bit of grief in Ohio. Hell some far right state reps tried to have him impeached lol.

Biggest issue with a lot of this here is Americans are far and away the most skeptical populace in the Western world of their government. So things like this that require a National response and government actions are going to get heavy scrutiny because by and large we hate government.

I think people forget we became a country because the British raised our taxes haha like that was the spark that ignited this thing. Fast forward 250 years and is it any shock we are still like this?
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

Or, instead of making me go look up what I already know, you could explain what the fuck you're talking about since literally not a single soul on this forum comprehends it. Even dta, who acknowledges your point, is asking you to elaborate. 

This vaccine has been in the works for about ten months now. Between all of the governments across the world, an enormous amount of resources have likely been spent to create one. RNA/DNA vaccines have been around for decades, and are absolutely not experimental bs. There is literally no reason why this vaccine couldn't work. 

Not only that, but he keeps spewing baseless claims that no one knows anything about.  The details we have are very limited so to make more BS claims without any data (because I’m sure he’d have all the data to post on a weather forum) is irrational and ridiculous. 

I’m not for or against it, since we don’t know much about it, but I’m all for finding out more from verified medical experts.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

This isn’t true. Mike Dewine is a Republican governor and taken quite a bit of grief in Ohio. Hell some far right state reps tried to have him impeached lol.

Biggest issue with a lot of this here is Americans are far and away the most skeptical populace in the Western world of their government. So things like this that require a National response and government actions are going to get heavy scrutiny because by and large we hate government.

I think people forget we became a country because the British raised our taxes haha like that was the spark that ignited this thing. Fast forward 250 years and is it any shock we are still like this?

Oh yeah, there has certainly been blowback from the right on Republican governors.  We just had a Libertarian gubernatorial candidate finish in double digits in Indiana, which is a big showing for a third party.  And that was after Gov Holcomb reopened everything in the state with the mask mandate being the only thing left in place, so there is dissatisfaction coming from that direction.

I'm saying that I never saw tweets from Trump and co. that went after Holcomb for his restrictions.  It seems like some kind of obsession has developed over Whitmer and one or two others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

1.The Chicken little's whining about my anti-Pfizer rna/dna post, you should actually take time to read what it is and why it is not safe right now. Slammed together vaccines won't work. You need ones that have long standing tradition behind them. Not experimental bs.

2.Michigan's health department runs restrictions now. They did the school shut downs, not the Gov.

I have no obligation to research your dumbass claim.

All your talk about “natural” vaccines reminded me to cover my vaccine tree tonight so that the frost doesn’t damage those tender natural vaccine flowers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh yeah, there has certainly been blowback from the right on Republican governors.  We just had a Libertarian gubernatorial candidate finish in double digits in Indiana, which is a big showing for a third party.  And that was after Gov Holcomb reopened everything in the state with the mask mandate being the only thing left in place, so there is dissatisfaction coming from that direction.
I'm saying that I never saw tweets from Trump and co. that went after Holcomb for his restrictions.  It seems like some kind of obsession has developed over Whitmer and one or two others.

Well some of its politics. I frequently have been critical of Gov. Whitmer as well though as Michigan’s policies in my opinion are extreme.

I know some will disagree and that’s okay, but it shouldn’t actually be a misdemeanor for someone with a computer based job to have to work from home. And back in the spring they set up checkpoints with Northern towns so people wouldn’t quarantine at their cottages.

Now apparently if you go out to eat you have to give them your name and phone number? Have any Michiganders encountered this consistently?
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

8 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Nobody has a clue how modifying the rna/dna sequence will create side effects in a person. That is something that needs several years of trials. If millions get cancer due to the "vaccine" it will damage people's view of vaccines forever. It simply isn't needed. We just need something to the hospitals don't get clogged up. That is the real problem.

aka, Mike Dewine. He is father of the lockdown and his overreaction spread throughout the entire midwest. Partisan shills wills shill, but we all knew the "main event" wasn't going to be in the spring/summer. Spanish flew started around the same time in the winter/spring of 1918 only hitting older people. Then said goodbye over the summer only to return with a fist not seen in the last 300 years on young, unassuming victims. Lucky us Coronavirus is not a unvaccinated new influenza strain. History shows us between 1888-95 that it mainly kills old people. If Dewine had held his horses, I think outside the saturated northeast, could have had much more political capital this fall/winter. Instead they wasted it.

We aren’t modifying any DNA/RNA sequence in an individual... You are essentially injecting the DNA marker of the targeted antigen in order to kickstart the immune response. Just like every other ****ing vaccine since the beginning, when people were rubbing cowpox scabs into cuts to avoid smallpox. Be it a live or inactivated virus, dna or protein markers, the idea is the same. Give the immune system a template for what it is looking for so it can mount an aggressive response to an actual infection. 

This is not a ****ing zombie vaccine. Your cells aren’t being hijacked. There are no lizard people. This is not a conspiracy. Let’s stay off YouTube for awhile... 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Angrysummons

Didn't you recently disparage  Pfizer's vaccine but say moderna's vaccine is okay? You do know they are both RNA vaccines? This isn't new, it's been in the works waiting for this sort of scenario. We do need the data from the trial, press releases aren't science.

Since you claim to have an inside scoop on some safety issues, you need to back that claim up. Screenshots, links, anything...

Here's a good in depth discussion of the technology from 2015.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/rna-vaccines-a-novel-technology-to-prevent-and-treat-disease/

Another, pre covid more in depth discussion about RNA based vaccines.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

From the article re: safety..

"The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines. First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Nobody has a clue how modifying the rna/dna sequence will create side effects in a person. That is something that needs several years of trials. If millions get cancer due to the "vaccine" it will damage people's view of vaccines forever. It simply isn't needed. We just need something to the hospitals don't get clogged up. That is the real problem.

aka, Mike Dewine. He is father of the lockdown and his overreaction spread throughout the entire midwest. Partisan shills wills shill, but we all knew the "main event" wasn't going to be in the spring/summer. Spanish flew started around the same time in the winter/spring of 1918 only hitting older people. Then said goodbye over the summer only to return with a fist not seen in the last 300 years on young, unassuming victims. Lucky us Coronavirus is not a unvaccinated new influenza strain. History shows us between 1888-95 that it mainly kills old people. If Dewine had held his horses, I think outside the saturated northeast, could have had much more political capital this fall/winter. Instead they wasted it.

Thank you for confirming that you have no goddamn clue what you're talking about. Nothing is being modified during the usage of an RNA/DNA vaccine. My goober sensor is going off right now. 

• Like 3

Regarding the Pfizer vaccine hoax and others: (some people watch too much Fox News and even worse, OAN or NewsMax)

Vaccine rumours debunked: Microchips, 'altered DNA' and more

https://www.bbc.com/news/54893437

'Altered DNA' claims

A White House correspondent for a pro-Trump website, Newsmax, told her 264,000 followers on Twitter to "beware" the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. Emerald Robinson claimed in the Tweet: "It tampers with your DNA."

The fear that a vaccine will somehow change your DNA is another one we've seen aired regularly on Facebook posts.

The BBC asked three independent scientists about this. They said that the coronavirus vaccine would not alter human DNA.

Btw. Moderna is 94% effective.  

Moderna said preliminary phase three trial data shows its coronavirus vaccine is more than 94% effective in preventing Covid-19 — a result CEO Stephane Bancel called a “game-changer.”

The analysis evaluated 95 confirmed Covid-19 infections among the trial’s 30,000 participants. Moderna, which developed its vaccine in collaboration with the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said 90 cases of Covid-19 were observed in the placebo group versus 5 cases observed in the group that received its two-dose vaccine. That resulted in an estimated vaccine efficacy of 94.5%, it said.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Starting to see signs of hoarding at the stores again.  Calm down, people.

I needed to replace a freezer and they are all but impossible to find except for the very  cheap and smaller no name brands.  I had to go to Lafayette to get the last one at Menards.  As I searched, the employees all said the same thing about everybody wanting to stock up on food.  

• Sad 1

More on the side effects.  If true, I can see how people will be hesitant. 

“We are asking people to take a vaccine that is going to hurt,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a professor of preventive medicine and health policy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. “There are lots of sore arms and substantial numbers of people who feel crummy, with headaches and muscle pain, for a day or two.”

Persuading people who experience these symptoms to return in three to four weeks for a second dose — and a second round of flu-like symptoms — could be a tough sell, Schaffner said.

https://khn.org/news/article/time-to-discuss-potentially-unpleasant-side-effects-of-covid-shots-scientists-say-yes/

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

More on the side effects.  If true, I can see how people will be hesitant. 

“We are asking people to take a vaccine that is going to hurt,” said Dr. William Schaffner, a professor of preventive medicine and health policy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. “There are lots of sore arms and substantial numbers of people who feel crummy, with headaches and muscle pain, for a day or two.”

Persuading people who experience these symptoms to return in three to four weeks for a second dose — and a second round of flu-like symptoms — could be a tough sell, Schaffner said.

https://khn.org/news/article/time-to-discuss-potentially-unpleasant-side-effects-of-covid-shots-scientists-say-yes/

These are typical side effects of any vaccination. Its the body's inflammatory response. All the moderna side effects in that press release were found in under 10 percent of people and seemed fairly mild. Pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache etc. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

These are typical side effects of any vaccination. Its the body's inflammatory response. All the moderna side effects in that press release were found in under 10 percent of people and seemed fairly mild. Pain at the injection site, fatigue, headache etc. 

I got a flu shot about two weeks ago and the next day I could hardly get out of bed. But it only lasted maybe 36 hours and then I was fine. Very sore joints and fatigue. I have never had a reaction like that with a flu shot before, but it was only a day or two of side effects so it was worth it. And if a Covid-19 vaccine works and has the same side effects, big deal I will get it the first chance I can.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sojitodd said:

I got a flu shot about two weeks ago and the next day I could hardly get out of bed. But it only lasted maybe 36 hours and then I was fine. Very sore joints and fatigue. I have never had a reaction like that with a flu shot before, but it was only a day or two of side effects so it was worth it. And if a Covid-19 vaccine works and has the same side effects, big deal I will get it the first chance I can.

I had the flu shot a few weeks back and didn't get any side effects. 

• Like 1

I've received flu shots every year for 20 years and every year my body reacts differently, from just a little sore around the injection point to full-blown flu symptoms (non debilitating). As you know, each year they pick the strains they think are going to be most prevalent in the upcoming winter to include in the vaccine.  Since everybody's immune system is unique, each person's symptoms will vary in response in a particular year's strain of vaccine and I'm sure it will be the same with the covid vaccine.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mattb65 said:

@Angrysummons

Didn't you recently disparage  Pfizer's vaccine but say moderna's vaccine is okay? You do know they are both RNA vaccines? This isn't new, it's been in the works waiting for this sort of scenario. We do need the data from the trial, press releases aren't science.

Since you claim to have an inside scoop on some safety issues, you need to back that claim up. Screenshots, links, anything...

Here's a good in depth discussion of the technology from 2015.

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2015/rna-vaccines-a-novel-technology-to-prevent-and-treat-disease/

Another, pre covid more in depth discussion about RNA based vaccines.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906799/

From the article re: safety..

"The use of mRNA has several beneficial features over subunit, killed and live attenuated virus, as well as DNA-based vaccines. First, safety: as mRNA is a non-infectious, non-integrating platform, there is no potential risk of infection or insertional mutagenesis."

Correct sir

28 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I've received flu shots every year for 20 years and every year my body reacts differently, from just a little sore around the injection point to full-blown flu symptoms (non debilitating). As you know, each year they pick the strains they think are going to be most prevalent in the upcoming winter to include in the vaccine.  Since everybody's immune system is unique, each person's symptoms will vary in response to the strain in a particular year's strain of vaccine and I'm sure it will be the same with the covid vaccine.

Yep, and the flu vaccine is doing well if it has 50-60% effectiveness. If these COVID vacinnes cruise at 80-90%+, that will be incredible (at least for this strain). 

I can certainly see a situation where we get our COVID vaccine alongside our flu vaccine ever year. 

After case numbers began to rise dramatically in Europe, England and France shut down pubs, restaurants, gyms. Also, Germany and Spain performed targeted shutdowns in hotspots. This New York Times graph shows the effectiveness of these actions compared to the U.S. Their governments are providing economic aid to soften the blow.

Meanwhile, a political health vs. economy stare-down is occurring in the U.S., and cases are skyrocketing.  As long as Washington remains in a deadlock, the pandemic will rage on and eventually the economy will take a huge hit anyway.  I say that because people who follow the science will refrain from shopping and eating out more than necessary. As the anti maskers get sick or see their relatives get sick, they will slowly realize that this is a serious situation, as their numbers dwindle due to illness and death.

This is on top of businesses who can't keep enough employees to operate due to illness to the employees and their families. It will be made worse due to inadequate medical attention because the medical profession is being overwhelmed. Not only will illness outstrip their capacity, those in the medical field will also be depleted due to illness and burnout.

Therefore, I feel the only way to stop a catastrophic outcome is for the government to close restaurants, gyms, bars, etc., along with Washington once again providing some economic aid to businesses and individuals. Everyday that this does not occur brings the U.S. closer to economic collapse.   

cases per million.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dta1984 said:

I had a tetanus booster shot recently and I felt ill for a couple days and my shoulder hurt like hell.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't get the shot again in ten years.

Anti-vaxxers are dumb.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1