Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

51 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We will see 200k this week most likely 

Quite possible on Friday. At some point we will hit a wall on testing numbers due to lab capabilities. Some places are already starting to limit testing of asymptotic people unless they have been exposed to a confirmed positive etc.

Washington state is cracking down.  Though note farther down in the article that they admit they won't be able to enforce it for the Thanksgiving gatherings.

Inslee, Sunday morning, ordered restaurants and bars to shutdown indoor service and to limit outdoor service to parties of five or less. Indoor gyms and fitness centers must also shutdown. Same with movie theaters, bowling alleys and museums. Indoor gatherings with people outside your household will be prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/gov-inslee-orders-sweeping-restrictions-on-indoor-gatherings-restaurants-bars-gyms-as-covid-19-cases-surge-in-washington-state/

18 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Washington state is cracking down.  Though note farther down in the article that they admit they won't be able to enforce it for the Thanksgiving gatherings.

Inslee, Sunday morning, ordered restaurants and bars to shutdown indoor service and to limit outdoor service to parties of five or less. Indoor gyms and fitness centers must also shutdown. Same with movie theaters, bowling alleys and museums. Indoor gatherings with people outside your household will be prohibited unless participants have quarantined for at least a week and tested negative.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/gov-inslee-orders-sweeping-restrictions-on-indoor-gatherings-restaurants-bars-gyms-as-covid-19-cases-surge-in-washington-state/

Washington, Oregon, New Mexico have all shut indoor dining statewide along with some other businesses. They are by far the most aggressive with their actions so far. Of course they only account for less than 3% of the national caseload right now.

Some per capita case comparisons to EU Countries: U.S. 7-day case average is 148,000 cases/day or 448/million.

UK: 353/million

Spain: 415/million (late October peak)

France: Approx. caseload on Oct. 23, 5 days before lockdown announced

Italy: Approx. caseload on Nov. 2, 2 days before lockdown announced.

17 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

Stay away from the Pfizer vaccine. Moderna and JJ will have one that is naturally built. Pfizer's is bad science. The damage it has done to a persons DNA/RNA is unfathomable. Anybody under 60 doesn't need a vaccine at all.

Interested to hear more.  Definitely seems like there could be some nasty side effects. 

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, dan11295 said:

Quite possible on Friday. At some point we will hit a wall on testing numbers due to lab capabilities. Some places are already starting to limit testing of asymptotic people unless they have been exposed to a confirmed positive etc.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

If we don't hit it on Thursday, we almost certainly will on Friday.

I have no doubt in my mind 

3 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

I simply asked to hear more about his reasoning.  Being ignorant would be ignoring both sides of the spectrum.

He has absolutely no reasoning. I am really struggling to understand how he thinks an mRNA vaccine would damage a host cell's genetics; and then even, how that would somehow harm an entire human. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

He has absolutely no reasoning. I am really struggling to understand how he thinks an mRNA vaccine would damage a host cell's genetics; and then even, how that would somehow harm an entire human. 

I'm trying to understand his angle.  He (Angrysummons) doesn't seem to be broadly anti-vax, but is anti-Pfizer vax while claiming he has ties to the medical industry.  Hence why I'm wondering if he's some disgruntled former Pfizer employee or something.  :wacko2:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I'm trying to understand his angle.  He (Angrysummons) doesn't seem to be broadly anti-vax, but is anti-Pfizer vax while claiming he has ties to the medical industry.  Hence why I'm wondering if he's some disgruntled former Pfizer employee or something.  :wacko2:

I'm really not sure either. I'm not a medical genius, but it's rather clear that there's absolutely no science behind what he's saying.  Even if he were just trying to discredit Pfizer for whatever reason, there's gotta be some better logic out there than what he's putting down lol

7 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I'm really not sure either. I'm not a medical genius, but it's rather clear that there's absolutely no science behind what he's saying.  Even if he were just trying to discredit Pfizer for whatever reason, there's gotta be some better logic out there than what he's putting down lol

Rather than dealing in strange and unverified claims, there are a number of other things to find out about the Pfizer vaccine.  One example:  of the people who received the vaccine and still developed covid, did any of them develop a serious case of covid?

18 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Rather than dealing in strange and unverified claims, there are a number of other things to find out about the Pfizer vaccine.  One example:  of the people who received the vaccine and still developed covid, did any of them develop a serious case of covid?

On top of that, how long do the effects last? That's something that we really can't answer yet. Also, the faux-illness brought on by the vaccine itself could deter lots of people from getting it. Needless to say, it's really great that we've been able to make a vaccine so quickly. Hopefully we'll be able to come up with a permanent formula for making RNA vaccines for all (or at least some) future viruses. 

8 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

On top of that, how long do the effects last? That's something that we really can't answer yet. Also, the faux-illness brought on by the vaccine itself could deter lots of people from getting it. Needless to say, it's really great that we've been able to make a vaccine so quickly. Hopefully we'll be able to come up with a permanent formula for making RNA vaccines for all (or at least some) future viruses. 

Yeah, it's a bit unpleasant if you happen to experience the flu-like side effects.  Since it's a 2 shot thing, I wonder if it may deter some who experience those side effects from following up with the second shot.

Full disclosure.  I never get the flu vaccine.  It is hit or miss, and I never really get the flu (if I've had it, then it's been really mild).  When I've had other vaccines, I've been fortunate that the only side effect was some arm soreness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Just read through the Michigan order.  It sounds quite a bit less restrictive than the spring, as places like salons, gyms, retail stores and K-8 schools will remain open.  Still, people won't like it.

I think she is just easing into a full lockdown. If she did it all at once she would face huge backlash. 

The biggest problem we have right now is congress refuses to pass a stimulus. Without a stimulus (a big stimulus) small businesses will go out of business

21 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I think she is just easing into a full lockdown. If she did it all at once she would face huge backlash. 

The biggest problem we have right now is congress refuses to pass a stimulus. Without a stimulus (a big stimulus) small businesses will go out of business

I am not sure, I think they will keep retail stores open because going to retail stores whether they are big box stores or small businesses doesn't seem to be a big factor in rising cases so I think the harm in closing them outweighs any modest benefits.

Other things like bars, night clubs, indoor restaurants are a different story.

Here's the tiered plan in place in Oahu - https://www.oneoahu.org/reopening-strategy

I could see something like this put in place in some of the hard hit areas.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Notice how they only tweet that kind of stuff at Democratic governors.  We had all of the restrictions in Indiana back in spring, with a Republican governor, and there wasn't a peep out of them.  

Holcomb has done a really good job throughout this pandemic. Atlas is a disgrace to the medical science field