Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

5 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

I have ties to the Medical Industrial Complex you would die to have. I never mentioned it before or what I worked in exactly for this reason. The trial's control group is a total fraud. Both the infected and non infected were the same in each group or 80-100 people in 20000. Meaning they shot a bunch of junk into noninfected subjects and said it was 90% effective. What a fraud.

fwiw, China already has what Moderna is working on and will begin mass immunizations soon. Probably need it every year until the infection is gone. If it weren't for old people straining the medical system, this strain of Covid would already be 5th page news. Better hope a highly infectious Avian MERS strain never redevelops........................brrr to the young.

Agree that the hype about the Pfizer offering is silly, the testing was done on healthy adults (most of whom reported pain, chills and fevers, some severe, from the vaccine). who developed substantial antibody titers quite reliably with the vaccine.

No tests as yet on the old or the infirm, nor how long the protection lasts. There is a good road ahead before this is ready for general use.

8 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

If it weren't for old people straining the medical system, this strain of Covid would already be 5th page news.

Tell that to my 35-year-old fiancee who had COVID in August and was hospitalized for 3 days (although not in the ICU, didn't need supplemental oxygen/ventilation). She seemed to be steadily on the mend for about 6 weeks then backslid significantly starting about mid-October. Every day it has been some combination of shortness of breath, fatigue/lethargy, headaches, stomach issues (basically all the symptoms she had when she actually had the infection itself, other than the cough) and skyrocketing blood pressure. I took her back to the hospital today to try to get it under control because the doctors are concerned it is causing kidney/eye damage and the medications she can take at home aren't working.

• Sad 4

16 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Tell that to my 35-year-old fiancee who had COVID in August and was hospitalized for 3 days (although not in the ICU, didn't need supplemental oxygen/ventilation). She seemed to be steadily on the mend for about 6 weeks then backslid significantly starting about mid-October. Every day it has been some combination of shortness of breath, fatigue/lethargy, headaches, stomach issues (basically all the symptoms she had when she actually had the infection itself, other than the cough) and skyrocketing blood pressure. I took her back to the hospital today to try to get it under control because the doctors are concerned it is causing kidney/eye damage and the medications she can take at home aren't working.

Sorry to hear about this, but thank you for the important anecdote about long-haulers. Too many people haven't heard about it or don't believe it's true. Hope they are well soon.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

I have ties to the Medical Industrial Complex you would die to have. I never mentioned it before or what I worked in exactly for this reason. The trial's control group is a total fraud. Both the infected and non infected were the same in each group or 80-100 people in 20000. Meaning they shot a bunch of junk into noninfected subjects and said it was 90% effective. What a fraud.

fwiw, China already has what Moderna is working on and will begin mass immunizations soon. Probably need it every year until the infection is gone. If it weren't for old people straining the medical system, this strain of Covid would already be 5th page news. Better hope a highly infectious Avian MERS strain never redevelops........................brrr to the young.

more baseless claims in senseless posts

• Like 4

Guest ovweather
46 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Sorry to hear this. The best to your fiancee. My cousin's best friend is in her late 20's and is in ICU with Covid.

This forum needs to start censoring fraudulent posts that spread lies based on blatant conspiracy theories (Angrysummons posts, for example).

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

Utah now has a statewide mask mandate.  There are the enforcement issues of course but at least a higher percentage of Utahns (always wanted to type that word lol) should be wearing them.

and of course, a bunch of people are protesting it....

To me, it's like a seatbelt.  I'm not understand what the big deal is given what is going on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

and of course, a bunch of people are protesting it....

To me, it's like a seatbelt.  I'm not understand what the big deal is given what is going on.

I believe there were similar dissenters/protesting when seat belts were mandated. 

Big difference is that if you don’t wear a seatbelt, you’re only harming yourself. My risk of car accident death is unchanged by your decision. That’s not the same with the mask mandate 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

One thing about NYC... they don't play around.  A 2-3% positivity rate anywhere else would be a snoozer.  Heck, there are many places across the country right now with a 10% or greater positivity rate that have few or no restrictions.

It can take off to a massive outbreak here again like nothing given the population density. We’ve done much better since April but can’t let our guard down. Also numbers are coming back up here like anywhere else. 

• Like 1

Illinois is rapidly approaching their April hospitalization peak (5036). They are now at 4742 (+1178 last 7 days). Most other states in the region are also seeing rapid spikes in hospitalizations. Very few states in US not with increasing hospitalizations. Nationwide hospital numbers 61,964 (+2690).

Most summer spike hot spots in the south are now trending up again. Suggests that while generally cooler weather driving people indoors may have put "fuel on the fire" in some areas esp. in north, that is not only case driver. .

(Note: much of US has seen abnormally warm temps past week wonder if that helps drop the transmission rate some. With sun setting early w/cooler evening temps, people are still going to be driven indoors in evening. This combined with high levels of community spread already may limit any benefit. Region is going back to normal temps in a couple of days.)

I tested positive for Covid last Friday after becoming symptomatic on Wednesday.  I was exposed at work by a stupid coworker who came to work sick last Monday.  He tested positive Wednesday, then 3 other coworkers did. 

I started  with a slight cough for 2 days, then lightheaded, chills and low grade fever for a few days.  All have since resolved themselves besides some fatigue.  The other workers who caught it all had similar symptoms. 
I’m in my mid 40s and in good shape/health.  To be honest, it wasn’t that bad at all. Pretty lucky.  

• Like 2