Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, Geoboy645 said:

Well wisconsin just had another record day of 5262 cases 64 deaths and a 27.1% positivity rate. At this rate we will be in full healthcare collapse in a couple weeks if that. 

That's a higher number of cases per capita then Florida ever recorded. Starting to get clear signs of a spike starting here in Mass. along with the rest of Southern New England. Given the high levels of mask usage in this area, it suggests seasonal factors are at work.

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Quit talking about Ebola lol. Hell in 2015 is when Bill Gates gave his grave prediction on that TED talk. We weren't prepared and if you read the article I posted you can see that funding waned over time with the 2005 measures.

I am going to continue to talk about what happened post Ebola because the Obama administration put forth a great effort to be prepared after Ebola. You are too blind to that fact.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Why in the hell would someone like this comment?

i’ve wondered the same about many of your comments in here too.

Surely that president with half an ass isn't Joe Biden lol.  Sleepy Creepy Joe will have a  country wide lockdown, and a Federal mask mandate.  I'm sure he had a plan at some point, but probably forgot it by now.   

• Like 2

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, dta1984 said:

Surely that president with half an ass isn't Joe Biden lol.  Sleepy Creepy Joe will have a  country wide lockdown, and a Federal mask mandate.  I'm sure he had a plan at some point, but probably forgot it by now.   

The US needs a federal mask mandate. Enough dicking around with the politics of it. If people don’t like wearing a mask, then they can leave the country. I say if you violate the mandate, a $100 fine for each offense.

Yeah man South Carolina is paradise according to one person.

Haha I mean Charleston actually is. I’m unsure if you have ever visited but it’s routinely ranked as one of the top vacation spots in the country.

I highly recommend a visit sometime. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed living here. Incredibly scenic and steeped in history. Plus very temperate weather. 652ca28194ebdc26f624bc06908d7b18.jpg
  • Weenie 1

Just now, nwohweather said:

Haha I mean Charleston actually is. I’m unsure if you have ever visited but it’s routinely ranked as one of the top vacation spots in the country.

I highly recommend a visit sometime. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed living here. Incredibly scenic and steeped in history. Plus very temperate weather. 652ca28194ebdc26f624bc06908d7b18.jpg

If South Carolina is so great, then why the hell are you in the Great Lakes forum? Doesn't the Southeastern forum have a COVID thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

With Halloween this weekend half to wonder if this will cause more community spread 

I don't see how it won't (especially for people hanging out indoors) but we are on the upswing anyway so it may just blend in to the overall trends.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Almost 45,000 hospitalizations now nationally.

Was looking at some state metrics and California is one of very few states still seeing a decline in hospitalizations. Most of the other states heavily impacted in summer,, i.e. Arizona, Georgia & Florida, have begun to see some upward movement on their numbers again in the past week. Now only 1-2 states seeing declines in cases/hospital numbers.

This makes the current surge very different from the Spring (uncontrolled spread in the northeast and a few other cities primarily) or Summer (Sun Belt states). Very similar to what happened in Europe where basically every country started to spike at the same time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dan11295 said:

Was looking at some state metrics and California is one of very few states still seeing a decline in hospitalizations. Most of the other states heavily impacted in summer,, i.e. Arizona, Georgia & Florida, have begun to see some upward movement on their numbers again in the past week. Now only 1-2 states seeing declines in cases/hospital numbers.

This makes the current surge very different from the Spring (uncontrolled spread in the northeast and a few other cities primarily) or Summer (Sun Belt states). Very similar to what happened in Europe where basically every country started to spike at the same time.

Indeed

Hospitalizations peaked around 60,000 each time in the spring and summer waves.  Pretty clear we are going to fly by that mark, it's just a question of how much.  You would hope that people adjust their behavior more as things get more and more serious, but who knows.  It is especially tough to give up the holidays.

Guest ovweather
10 minutes ago, Jonger said:

8,000 Americans die everyday with or without COVID.

So today over 9000 died. Without Covid only 8000 would of died. Does that make you feel better?

16 minutes ago, Jonger said:

8,000 Americans die everyday with or without COVID.

Oh! Cool then! Never mind, crisis solved. The extra 1k from Covid can go fuck themselves I guess! That's totally awesome that we can just stop caring about Covid now. Really appreciate it, Jonger! 

Hey, while we're at it, how about we do away with those pesky speed limits? You could probably get up an extra five minutes later before work if you could only drive there faster, right? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

Feel free to start a Midwest Childbearing & Delivery thread. 

I hope these links help you. Best of luck!

https://www.midwestobgynmidwifery.com

https://www.whattoexpect.com

https://www.lamaze.org/lamaze-classes-online

Just here to advise against starting a Midwest Childbearing & Delivery thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Oh! Cool then! Never mind, crisis solved. The extra 1k from Covid can go **** themselves I guess! That's totally awesome that we can just stop caring about Covid now. Really appreciate it, Jonger! 
Hey, while we're at it, how about we do away with those pesky speed limits? You could probably get up an extra five minutes later before work if you could only drive there faster, right? 

That reminds me, someone in town the other day was doing 75 in a 40 and killed four people with their Wrangler in a t-bone accident