Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

7 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Weird. Here in Toledo I'd say it's like 1% that doesn't were a mask.  Actually, I was in Kroger just today and didn't see a single person without a mask.  We have very different Governors though.  DeWine has actually had a great balance.  

Gov Holcomb actually wanted a fine for people not wearing a mask, but the state atty general pushed back on it and it never happened (a factor could've been that there's some personal beef between the two which posters in IN may know what I'm referring to) 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

How many more months until a vaccine comes out? How are uninsured people going to get access to any of this after ACA is struck down? Long-term effects still aren’t fully understood, but let’s give up on trying to control the spread.

Exactly, them saying we give up right now as things skyrocket is just insane. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dta1984 said:

I'll go ahead and add the full quote.   This administration was in an impossible position, and has had ups and downs.

“We’re not going to control the pandemic. We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation efforts,”

An impossible position? We have the worst death rate of developed nations. Why do you even bother voting for such an important position if you don’t think the person you’re voting for should be held accountable for anything? 

Also, how are these therapeutics going to work when hospitals are already having to ration supplies, while cases are still going up? Utah is going to have to in a week or two, and hospitalization rates lag behind positive cases.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/10/25/with-coronavirus-cases/

6 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

An impossible position? We have the worst death rate of developed nations. Why do you even bother voting for such an important position if you don’t think the person you’re voting for should be held accountable for anything? 

Also, how are these therapeutics going to work when hospitals are already having to ration supplies, while cases are still going up? Utah is going to have to in a week or two, and hospitalization rates lag behind positive cases.

Maybe you didn't quite comprehend what I said.   I said they were in an impossible position.  That is a fact, this is unprecedented.  The response they have had has had ups and downs.  That part is up for debate, and obviously your political views will cloud your response. 

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Maybe you didn't quite comprehend what I said.   I said they were in an impossible position.  That is a fact, this is unprecedented.  The response they have had has had ups and downs.  That part is up for debate, and obviously your political views will cloud your response. 

The only reason this was an impossible situation is we have someone who yields a lot of influence on impressionable minds saying from the start that this was a hoax. And then there were less than 15 cases and it’d be gone. And then it’d go away in April. And then belittled reporters/political opponents for wearing a mask. 

The fact that you don’t see the trend here speaks volumes. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

It isn't impossible, we have the worst rates around. Other developed nations don't have nearly the problems. Every time someone disagrees with you, you complain "its political views clouding". Maybe it is your lack of understanding the dire situation that is clouding your judgement.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

The only reason this was an impossible situation is we have someone who yields a lot of influence on impressionable minds saying from the start that this was a hoax. And then there were less than 15 cases and it’d be gone. And then it’d go away in April. And then belittled reporters/political opponents for wearing a mask. 

The fact that you don’t see the trend here speaks volumes. 

"Its political" says someone that doesn't want to acknowledge that one political party is purposely doing the least possible.

• Like 2

Just now, Stebo said:

It isn't impossible, we have the worst rates around. Other developed nations don't have nearly the problems. Every time someone disagrees with you, you complain "its political views clouding". Maybe it is your lack of understanding the dire situation that is clouding your judgement.

It is a damn unprecedented epidemic.  It is an impossible situation. 

No it's your closed minded views clouding yourself. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, dta1984 said:

It is a damn unprecedented epidemic.  It is an impossible situation. 

No it's your closed minded views clouding yourself. 

You really are lost here, you'd do yourself a favor and stop posting because you are really out of your element on this one. It is not impossible, other countries have limited infection rates because their leadership actually cares and did something. So don't bitch about politics because I am pointing to other countries, not this one. This country's leadership did nothing. Period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yeah I don't mean a law, but at least messaging from the Feds. There is no messaging at all from the feds even to this point.

You still haven't explained how this would change those who are not wearing masks.  Ok so you don't want it enforced.... So the "feds" saying they recommend you wear a mask will really change anything?

• Weenie 1

Just now, dta1984 said:

You still haven't explained how this would change those who are not wearing masks.  Ok so you don't want it enforced.... So the "feds" saying they recommend you wear a mask will really change anything?

Yes because people blindly follow what this administration does. Like how do you not have any sort of situational awareness?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

We might want to revisit this in a month or two, to be fair. The spread in Europe is much worse right now. They managed much better than the US early in the summer but also got too complacent. 

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yes because people blindly follow what this administration does. Like how do you not have any sort of situational awareness?

Without any personal attacks, I am asking how will a mask mandate at the federal level....that is not enforced... change your local issue ?  Seems you need to be focusing on your own state and how it's being handled there first.  

• Weenie 2

6 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Influence. Are you even trying right now?

He’s been trained into thinking this administration can do no wrong, and if something does happen, it’s either someone else’s fault or it’s an “impossible” situation. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

He’s been trained into thinking this administration can do no wrong, and if something does happen, it’s either someone else’s fault or it’s an “impossible” situation. 

I said they have had ups and downs in the response.  

• Weenie 2

"Forcing" people to wear masks, just makes people not do it to 'fight against the government'. Masks aren't stopping the spread, they lower the risk, but it's not a magical thing that's going to change people's habits when it comes to hand washing and social distancing, which is something people are tired of as it is.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, JoMo said:

"Forcing" people to wear masks, just makes people not do it to 'fight against the government'. Masks aren't stopping the spread, they lower the risk, but it's not a magical thing that's going to change people's habits when it comes to hand washing and social distancing, which is something people are tired of as it is.

We need leadership. 

• Like 5

Just now, JoMo said:

People are “forced” to wear pants when they go out, or risk being arrested. Where are the anti-pants brigades? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1