Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

5 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

https://rt.live

As you can see the Southern states are quite low currently on R0 compared to Western and Midwestern states. But please keep putting your political opinions above scientific data. Is this a Donald Trump account?

This doesn't support your assertion that the "majority of people are over caring about this" if the Rt is well under the Ro if the virus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This doesn't support your assertion that the "majority of people are over caring about this" if the Rt is well under the Ro if the virus. 

Well we’re taking it more seriously in the South. It’s states like Michigan and Ohio where the real spikes are happening.

Honestly glad you guys aren’t vacationing here en masse anymore to spread this throughout the Lowcountry
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, nwohweather said:

Well we’re taking it more seriously in the South. It’s states like Michigan and Ohio where the real spikes are happening.

Honestly glad you guys aren’t vacationing here en masse anymore to spread this throughout the Lowcountry

It seems like you're the one who wanted to makes it political. Cool. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dan11295 said:

Not sue how much of this is true. Deaths are definitely reduced compared to hospitalizations relative to the spring, but some of that is certainly due improvements in treatment and groups much more vulnerable, like the elderly being better protected/more cautious. Also, masking may be reducing viral loads in those infected, and there could potentially get seasonal factors at play also (although this last one is much more speculative).

I'm not a dr and I don't have any proof of the potency thing, but its what my dr told me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

The data just doesn't support people are living their lives completely normally. Mobility data is well below baseline and mask use has come up generally. It's why there isn't 500k cases and 1000 and 1000s of covid deaths a day. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america?view=social-distancing&tab=trend

The progged drastic drop in mobility in the next couple months is interesting.  I wonder what is driving that projection?  Is it that people will be taking it more seriously and choose to not move around as much or that stuff is going to close. 

It seems like you're the one who wanted to makes it political. Cool. 

How is any of that political? The tourism spike was a real thing this summer. Should’ve seen the amount of Yankees hats and Ohio State/Michigan ones on without a mask. Once the summer ended our numbers went down quite a bit with the exception of college campuses.

1 hour ago, OSUmetstud said:

It is real. But the majority of people still care about this and are following public health guidance. Follow the conversation. 

Yeah this idea that fatigue and caring are inversely related is nonsense. Obviously people are tired but still caring about everyone.

• Like 3

Just now, nwohweather said:

How is any of that political? The tourism spike was a real thing this summer. Should’ve seen the amount of Yankees hats and Ohio State/Michigan ones on without a mask. Once the summer ended our numbers went down quite a bit with the exception of college campuses.

This may shock you but those are 3 of the most popular sport brands in the country. That doesn't mean those people are from NY OH MI. I am shocked I have to explain this though...

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Nor should it. These are the people of this country driving this. I’m tired of the government and all these people complaining about the government. Honestly I’m just glad bartenders and waiters are able to make decent money again.

Let’s just be honest, the vast majority of people are over caring about this. Quite frankly I give my company kudos for keeping their work from home rules. It does show discipline

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

https://rt.live

As you can see the Southern states are quite low currently on R0 compared to Western and Midwestern states. But please keep putting your political opinions above scientific data. Is this a Donald Trump account?

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

9 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

What is it? Are we over it? Or are we taking it seriously? 

Blaming the southern spread in June/July/August on tourism is silly. 

• Like 3

I feel that mortality rates are highly dependent on many variables, one being viral load.   Viral load due to the Summer environment(High UV and RH) made for lots of mild symptom/asymptomatic cases.  That is gonna change with this wave, in my opinion.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

I feel that mortality rates are highly dependent on many variables, one being viral load.   Viral load due to the Summer environment(High UV and RH) made for lots of mild symptom/asymptomatic cases.  That is gonna change with this wave, in my opinion.  

Another thing is immune health.  It is not necessarily a static thing.  It is something I have been wondering about.  Say that the same individual person received the same viral load in the summer or winter (just to be clear, I am talking about a hypothetical situation that ignores immune memory to a previous covid-19 infection).  Would they be more likely to have a more severe outcome in the winter, maybe because their vitamin D level or something else in the body is not as good as it was in summer?

Obviously we are still missing a good chunk of asymptomatic/very mild cases just about everywhere, but I think we could be missing even more than usual here in Indiana.  I say that because something is not making sense.  Take Wisconsin for example.  They have been confirming an average of around 1.5x more cases per day than we have in Indiana, yet Indiana's current hospitalizations are almost 25% higher than Wisconsin.  Unless there are some differences in hospital reporting, it is hard to figure why this is the case.  Maybe it has penetrated into more of the vulnerable population in this state.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

We are on pace to hit 80k on a Saturday!!! This is bad news folks. 95k -100k definitely possible next week at this rate

Probably just me perceiving it wrong, but you almost sound giddy sometimes... lol

Did you see Holcomb's comments the other day?  He was almost setting it up as a binary choice between the current stage 5 and going back to March level closures/restrictions.  Weird because it was just one month ago that we had some capacity limits on bars and restaurants.  That is not ancient history.  Anyhow, it tells me that nothing is going to be changing for a while.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Probably just me perceiving it wrong, but you almost sound giddy sometimes... lol

Did you see Holcomb's comments the other day?  He was almost setting it up as a binary choice between the current stage 5 and going back to March level closures/restrictions.  Weird because it was just one month ago that we had some capacity limits on bars and restaurants.  That is not ancient history.  Anyhow, it tells me that nothing is going to be changing for a while.

Nothing will be changing because there is no coordinated leadership behind this.  

one can say China is FOS with their numbers butt then explain Hong Kong and Singapore 

6 minutes ago, RyanDe680 said:

Nothing will be changing because there is no coordinated leadership behind this.  

one can say China is FOS with their numbers by then explain Hong Kong and Singapore 

I don't want to get too far into politics, but honestly, Joe Biden will only be able to do so much if he wins.  From what I understand, it seems like a mask mandate probably cannot be enacted on a national level.  So it would come down to convincing the governors to change course, and then you need to enforce it and have the population buy in.  No easy task.  As far as I am concerned, the horse is kind of out of the barn on masks.  Maybe some people change their tune on masks if they get really sick or if someone close to them does, but that moves the needle at a snail's pace.  The virus is going to be a substantial problem for a while, and I hope that people aren't under the impression that a change in president would suddenly make it all better.  

48 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Sorry if I came off giddy. Definitely do not want to give off that impression in these very trying times.