Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

6 minutes ago, ovweather said:

Possibly, but the fact Conley isn’t answering specific questions regarding the severity of Trump’s symptoms, etc, can only lead us to believe they are trying to hide just how much the virus has affected Trump’s health. That’s why the next several weeks will be telling in regards to how much or little the virus has truly affected him.

Just read an article where even Trump’s own kids (Don Jr, Eric, and Ivanka) were astonished at his behavior the past two days in reference to the hospital drive by Sunday, etc, but apparently none have the balls to confront him about it.

Conley says he's having "no symptoms" today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519821-white-house-physician-says-trump-experiencing-no-symptoms-of-covid-19

“This morning the President’s team of physicians met with him in the Residence. He had a restful first night at home, and today he reports no symptoms,” Conley wrote in a memorandum issued Tuesday afternoon, less than five days after Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19.

“Vital signs and physical exam remain stable, with an ambulatory oxygen saturation level of 95-97%. Overall he continues to do extremely well, I will provide updates as we know more,” Conley wrote.

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, ovweather said:

Possibly, but the fact Conley isn’t answering specific questions regarding the severity of Trump’s symptoms, etc, can only lead us to believe they are trying to hide just how much the virus has affected Trump’s health. That’s why the next several weeks will be telling in regards to how much or little the virus has truly affected him.

Just read an article where even Trump’s own kids (Don Jr, Eric, and Ivanka) were astonished at his behavior the past two days in reference to the hospital drive by Sunday, etc, but apparently none have the balls to confront him about it.

Where did you read that? Sounds like something from an entertainment website :). Its posts like that which derail the thread and stoke the Trump fire. Everyone wants to blame someone -- at what point do people start shifting their eyes to where the virus originated? 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, JoMo said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/519821-white-house-physician-says-trump-experiencing-no-symptoms-of-covid-19

“This morning the President’s team of physicians met with him in the Residence. He had a restful first night at home, and today he reports no symptoms,” Conley wrote in a memorandum issued Tuesday afternoon, less than five days after Trump was diagnosed with COVID-19.

“Vital signs and physical exam remain stable, with an ambulatory oxygen saturation level of 95-97%. Overall he continues to do extremely well, I will provide updates as we know more,” Conley wrote.

Hopefully they can start mass producing whatever drug cocktail they gave him. Sounds promising. 

• Weenie 1

38 minutes ago, ovweather said:

Dr. Conley clearly had specific instructions from Trump as to what he was allowed to say. Were they downplaying the severity of his status? Probably, but who doesn't? Haven't we all had that initial reaction when we first start feeling sick that it's just nothing? Of course the President is easily the most on display and public person in the world, but it's really not necessary to prod information that really has no impact. What would knowing every single detail really tell us? For example, would him having a cough instead of congestion or fatigue instead of a fever (I understand that the symptoms are not mutually exclusive) tell us that much about his condition? Having been through the virus myself and knowing many with it now, I can say that the condition of someone with the virus can change extremely rapidly. However, we also know that each case can be unique. 

Sorry to ramble but I think the most important takeaway should be that his carelessness with the virus since the first wave is probably what got him in this mess in the first place. I just really don't like the "trust the science unless it's good news for Trump" narrative that hasn't been adopted yet, but it seems that some are heading there.

• Like 1

Guest ovweather
26 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Seeing as to how Conley refuses to answer such basic questions like how Trump's chest x-ray looks and when he last tested negative for the virus, it's hard to know exactly what might be going on with Trump right now. Is he totally symptom free or is that what they want people to believe in order to downplay the seriousness of the president's bout of the virus? The reality is Conley is just another Trump hand-puppet. He'll say what Trump tells him to say. The American people deserve to know all the details concerning the president's health. What was his highest temperature? What was his lowest oxygen saturation level that required him to receive supplemental oxygen? Does his chest x-ray show his lungs are free from pneumonia? All these questions are important and should not be hidden.

Guest ovweather
5 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

Dr. Conley clearly had specific instructions from Trump as to what he was allowed to say. Were they downplaying the severity of his status? Probably, but who doesn't? Haven't we all had that initial reaction when we first start feeling sick that it's just nothing? Of course the President is easily the most on display and public person in the world, but it's really not necessary to prod information that really has no impact. What would knowing every single detail really tell us? For example, would him having a cough instead of congestion or fatigue instead of a fever (I understand that the symptoms are not mutually exclusive) tell us that much about his condition? Having been through the virus myself and knowing many with it now, I can say that the condition of someone with the virus can change extremely rapidly. However, we also know that each case can be unique. 

Sorry to ramble but I think the most important takeaway should be that his carelessness with the virus since the first wave is probably what got him in this mess in the first place. I just really don't like the "trust the science unless it's good news for Trump" narrative that hasn't been adopted yet, but it seems that some are heading there.

There should be nothing to hide. If he was feeling very ill Friday, then just say exactly what he was experiencing. If his chest x-ray looks good or bad, just say what it shows. If he last tested negative for the virus a week ago or whenever, just say so. Why should it be such a secret? By keeping things secret, they are appearing to hide something, and that doesn't help at all when addressing the seriousness of the virus. After all, we all want to learn as much as possible about the virus and how it affects each and every person. By downplaying it, it's only going to lead to others not caring as much and thus more spread of the virus.

23 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Where did you read that? Sounds like something from an entertainment website :). Its posts like that which derail the thread and stoke the Trump fire. Everyone wants to blame someone -- at what point do people start shifting their eyes to where the virus originated? 

“Everyone wants to blame someone, but let’s blame China.”

Tell me how I can vote for Chinese officials. 

Furthermore, China didn’t disband our pandemic response team in 2018, didn’t send our ventilators to Russia earlier in the year, didn’t push hydroxychloroquine when it clearly didn’t work, didn’t try to monopolize (and profit from) a potential German vaccine, didn’t meander about the White House among staff and military leaders, while maskless, like a ticking biological weapon, didn’t hold large, close-quartered, maskless rallies for its ego, didn’t threaten to withhold funds to states if it didn’t get its way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ovweather said:

There should be nothing to hide. If he was feeling very ill Friday, then just say exactly what he was experiencing. If his chest x-ray looks good or bad, just say what it shows. If he last tested negative for the virus a week ago or whenever, just say so. Why should it be such a secret? By keeping things secret, they are appearing to hide something, and that doesn't help at all when addressing the seriousness of the virus. After all, we all want to learn as much as possible about the virus and how it affects each and every person. By downplaying it, it's only going to lead to others not caring as much and thus more spread of the virus.

As far as the lung scan, they are answering by not answering.  If it's normal, you say it's normal.  

Someone with mild pneumonia can still function fairly well.  It might be a bigger problem for an athletic endeavor but day to day life, not as much.  More significant pneumonia is obviously a different story.

10 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

Furthermore, China didn’t disband our pandemic response team in 2018, didn’t send our ventilators to Russia earlier in the year, didn’t push hydroxychloroquine when it clearly didn’t work, didn’t try to monopolize (and profit from) a potential German vaccine, didn’t meander about the White House among staff and military leaders, while maskless, like a ticking biological weapon, didn’t hold large, close-quartered, maskless rallies for its ego, didn’t threaten to withhold funds to states if it didn’t get its way.

Woah!  The point was "where the virus originated.". The rest of this baseless rant is unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, dta1984 said:

Woah!  The point was "where the virus originated.". The rest of this baseless rant is unnecessary. 

Baseless means without foundation in fact.

The only speculation in that “rant” was profiting from a German vaccine. Everything else is well-documented.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why it matters where the virus originated in discussing past and current us response. The vast majority of scientist agree that this is a zoonotic spillover event. Those are more likely in an area with high population density and high diversity of species, like China. I think China deserves criticism for the initial brief cover up...but that only loses a few weeks on the timeline...everything else that occurs after is squarely fair game. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Can't remember where I saw it, but I read that the Regeneron antibody cocktail costs $20,000.  If that is true, no bueno.

Oof. That's expensive. Perhaps some of the stimulus money could have gone in to funding this... or get another stimulus passed that includes it? Surprised that none of the politicians have discussed that -- or maybe big pharma' $$$ is to important. 

5 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Oof. That's expensive. Perhaps some of the stimulus money could have gone in to funding this... or get another stimulus passed that includes it? Surprised that none of the politicians have discussed that -- or maybe big pharma' $$$ is to important. 

Hot off the presses!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5899988002

2 minutes ago, NEOH said:

Not that hot actually as they have been negotiating for months. Remove the non-COVID crap from the bill and its gets passed. The stimulus isn't meant to be a looting spree. 

or maybe big pharma' $$$ is to important.” 

Did you get whiplash from that pivot? The tweet wasn’t about passing, it was about the step BEFORE that, talking/negotiating, in which the “non-COVID crap” could be discussed. But even that preliminary step has been delayed by 4+ weeks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

or maybe big pharma' $$$ is to important.” 

Did you get whiplash from that pivot? 

Honestly, you lost me. Is this LeBron on a weather forum? Its things like bailing out the airlines that give cause for concern... along with the additional $600 per week in unemployment. There are lots of jobs available right now. But why work when you get paid more to do nothing -- but that is a whole different discussion.

Do you object to using a billion from the 2+ trillion toward funding the drug cocktail that Hoosier referenced?

• Weenie 1

The sad truth that nobody can deny is that in this instance, America's rampant capitalism and bureaucracy have failed its people. When it really counted, our country chose to pander to the whims of the ultra rich companies and individuals that we oh so love, and you and I paid the price. What's truly the most infuriating, though, is that so many people choose to stand in ill-perceived class solidarity with the top 1%. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

As far as the lung scan, they are answering by not answering.  If it's normal, you say it's normal.  

Someone with mild pneumonia can still function fairly well.  It might be a bigger problem for an athletic endeavor but day to day life, not as much.  More significant pneumonia is obviously a different story.

I guess we can assume Trump has at least mild-pneumonia, based off what’s been revealed. One can easily put on a brave, tough guy face while feeling like sh*t. Pneumonia is no fun yet a person can appear normal by only seeing them for a minute or two at a time, as we’ve seen of Trump the past several days. I want to hear him talk live for an extended period of time, not recorded edited clips. They are obviously trying to hide the seriousness of his illness.

With the most important election in US history being one month away, I think it’s vital we know as much about the health of the candidates as possible, including Biden. If Biden contracts Covid, I want to know every detail of his illness. The citizens / voters of this country have / deserve that right.

6 hours ago, RobertSul said:

They did stifle information about the virus and prosecute, and maybe even kill (can't be proven) those who tried to warn us about the virus. Remember... early on it was Trump who was being overly cautious in handling things. China said it was okay, our doctors said it would be bad. Trump has never been one to bounce back from criticism if he thinks we was "right" the first time.

Guest ovweather
39 minutes ago, WaryWarren said:

Trumpy Bear is really, really active on Twitter tonight, roid-rage induced no doubt.

Let’s hope he’s still on the juice at the debate next week. Should put the first debate to shame from an entertainment stand point.

Dr. Daniel Griffin on TWiV suspects that the president might already be beyond the initial viral phase and into week 2 given the reference to lung findings and the decision to use steroids. Steroids wouldn't be prescribed so early as they could be detrimental in the initial viral phase. (They weaken the immune response.)

https://youtu.be/ZFpp3pIRjGQ

• Like 2