• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

You aren't worth engaging at this point because of your lack of common sense on this subject. This isn't about stealing anything it is about keeping people safe, WI did the same thing MI did a month ago and they are the 3rd worst state right now in new cases. I want to make sure that people here are safe and this is the exact opposite. You know exactly why executive orders are needed here, because if it was left up to this state congress we'd have everything open and people coughing on you shoulder to shoulder. You have made it very apparent in your posts here that this isn't a big deal and that you care more about money than safety, a large majority in this state care about safety over money.

Dude shut the hell up. I’ve said multiple times this is legit and continue to work from home. Also have worn a mask since March. Just because I don’t live my life in terror like you do doesn’t mean I’m not being precautious.

But I choose to work from home, in Michigan it would be illegal for me to go in. That’s the whole problem. Quit watching MSNBC all day, you might actually learn something
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Dude shut the hell up. I’ve said multiple times this is legit and continue to work from home. Also have worn a mask since March. Just because I don’t live my life in terror like you do doesn’t mean I’m not being precautious.

But I choose to work from home, in Michigan it would be illegal for me to go in. That’s the whole problem. Quit watching MSNBC all day, you might actually learn something

At no point did Stebo say anything about what you personally do. Wearing a mask is the bare minimum and doing so does not save you from having poor ideas about how the government should manage this epidemic. There's no need to claim that people are "living in terror" because they value increased social restriction over saving the economy. 

• Like 2

At no point did Stebo say anything about what you personally do. Wearing a mask is the bare minimum and doing so does not save you from having poor ideas about how the government should manage this epidemic. There's no need to claim that people are "living in terror" because they value increased social restriction over saving the economy. 

He said I have made it apparent that I don’t view this as a big deal. Lol I mean come on I can’t fully do my job, have kept most dining to outdoor and wear a mask in public places. Just because I don’t think everything needs to be shutdown doesn’t mean I’m so hardcore anti-masker. We can have balance folks.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

He said I have made it apparent that I don’t view this as a big deal. Lol I mean come on I can’t fully do my job, have kept most dining to outdoor and wear a mask in public places. Just because I don’t think everything needs to be shutdown doesn’t mean I’m so hardcore anti-masker. We can have balance folks.

You’re right about balance. But back in April, there were shortages on masks, ventilators and tests, and we knew a lot less about the virus then than we do now. Yes, the potential ceiling for a very high death rate decreased, which can be attributed to the increase in supplies, mask-adherence and medical knowledge involving treatments. 

5 hours ago, WestMichigan said:

Go listen to the representative from the 101st. A republican who is t saying let’s go wild. He has repeatedly said that if the governor was willing they would work together to out common sense restrictions in place. The problem is the state legislature was completely ignored. There is a reason there is separation of powers. COVID isn’t something to ignore but let the government function and let the governor veto laws if she doesn’t like them that is how it is supposed to work. 

They have a supermajority, they can override her veto so basically this is just shifting from the governor to a bunch of the same voice shouting the exact opposite. It is wholly political and ignorant along with flying in the face of the majority of this state that approves of the governor's actions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Stick to South Carolina let those of us worry about up here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

They have a supermajority, they can override her veto so basically this is just shifting from the governor to a bunch of the same voice shouting the exact opposite. It is wholly political and ignorant along with flying in the face of the majority of this state that approves of the governor's actions.

Give them a chance to see what they do before putting the down and declaring the incompetent. 

There are quite a few services that are still not open due to covid here. Sporting events, movie theatres, and the biggest one that has many connective industries are concerts. Not to mention foreclosure law firms and many courts due to the suspension of evictions. My wifes entire law firm with 200 employees in 5 states is about to shut down. She was there for 8 years and had to find another job. I still say open everything up, wear a mask, and social distance whereever possible. If everyone in this country used common sense, we would have this virus under control rather quickly. And it all starts at the top. Hopefully trump getting covid helps everyone realize the importance of following the science. 

He was in such denial of covid and now hes sick. The scientists are now telling us what is coming due to climate change and no one is listening. The global effects of climate change are going to make covid look like a joke. 

• Like 1

The news conference with the prez's doctors was frustrating.  I'm not going to touch the whole timeline thing... but besides that, not being willing to answer simple questions like if he ever received supplemental oxygen.  I think no matter who was in office, there would be incentive to be evasive 1 month before an election, but you just can't... or shouldn't be.  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The news conference with the prez's doctors was frustrating.  I'm not going to touch the whole timeline thing... but besides that, not being willing to answer simple questions like if he ever received supplemental oxygen.  I think no matter who was in office, there would be incentive to be evasive 1 month before an election, but you just can't... or shouldn't be.  

Facts. I don't know why the WH has to play this whole "ride the middle" game. Either tell us every last detail, or don't tell us anything. Obviously the first option is the only option but what they're doing right now is just plain confusing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

There are quite a few services that are still not open due to covid here. Sporting events, movie theatres, and the biggest one that has many connective industries are concerts. Not to mention foreclosure law firms and many courts due to the suspension of evictions. My wifes entire law firm with 200 employees in 5 states is about to shut down. She was there for 8 years and had to find another job. I still say open everything up, wear a mask, and social distance whereever possible. If everyone in this country used common sense, we would have this virus under control rather quickly. And it all starts at the top. Hopefully trump getting covid helps everyone realize the importance of following the science. 

He was in such denial of covid and now hes sick. The scientists are now telling us what is coming due to climate change and no one is listening. The global effects of climate change are going to make covid look like a joke. 

I think sometimes that we believe too much in individuals using common sense. I live in the GTA which is experiencing a situation going out of control, but currently working in rural Ontario. This past week I was at dinner and this guy with his elderly father and family started saying he's not wearing a mask and had a temper tantrum because they live in a non hot spot so why follow city rules. That type of attitude is why we won't be able to get a handle on this. Right beside his temper tantrum was a table of 6 guys from Toronto (hot spot) so who cares that he's in a non hot spot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It is done completely on purpose because Trump is worse than they want to lead on which is why the timeline aspect is important too.

10 minutes ago, Stebo said:

It is done completely on purpose because Trump is worse than they want to lead on which is why the timeline aspect is important too.

I wonder if the timeline thing is the reason he's doing so bad. Maybe he/they took so long to get the situation addressed that by the time Trump did come in, he was already kind of screwed (not that there's a whole lot of preventative measures out there anyway, to my knowledge). 

Supposedly his fever lifted, so I guess he has to be doing okay, at least for now. Unless that's complete bullshit, because I'm starting to think it likely is. 

• Like 1

The other thing is that assuming he makes it through the acute phase, will he end up being one of the long haulers?  He is in office for a minimum of 3.5 more months.  A lot of the long hauler stories out there are such that it's not always a continuous streak of symptoms, but people who seem to recover for a while and then the symptoms sort of come back or are even different than the initial symptoms.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

Any proof to back that up?  That is a fairly bold claim there without firsthand knowledge. Lots of conjecture out there but not a lot of information. 

3 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Any proof to back that up?  That is a fairly bold claim there without firsthand knowledge. Lots of conjecture out there but not a lot of information. 

It may not be definitive evidence, but what little information has been made available certainly supports Stebo's conclusion. Firstly, I highly doubt Trump would have received oxygen supplementation, let alone Regeneron, if he wasn't doing at least somewhat poorly. Secondly, we have four years of Trump's presidency to suggest that were he doing fabulous right now, the tone of his videos/tweets/the WH in general would be a LOT different. You know as well as I do that if Trump were doing really well, he'd be the first one to let the world know. And sure, everyone is saying that he's doing decent; but they aren't really selling it, for the above reasons. 

• Like 1

it’s all a sham.

look at the new video that was posted today, they edited out him coughing...and did a terrible edit job at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

it’s all a sham.

look at the new video that was posted today, they edited out him coughing...and did a terrible edit job at that.

Really?  I only saw a couple brief clips of it though. 

Right away you could tell that he looked kind of worn out.

Not gonna post it here but there is a Vanity Fair article with Republican sources claiming that the fever was 103 and that they convinced him to go to Walter Reed when he did because of the risk of waiting too long and having to be taken out in a wheelchair or worse.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I just woke up, what's going on?

One of Trump's doctors said that the chest scan came back with expected findings.  Didn't say it looked normal or good, though he did say it was not of major clinical concern.  

Also started dexamethasone.