Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Trump has a low grade fever and was given the Regeneron antibody mix, which I believe has shown some benefit when administered early on.

https://www.forexlive.com/news/!/trump-treated-with-regeneral-antibody-cocktail-has-low-grade-fever-20201002

"In addition to the polyclonal antibodies, the President has been taking zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin."

But where's the hydroxychloroquine?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chances14 said:

in other news, michigan supreme court just ruled all of whitmer's executive orders issued after April 30 as being unconstitutional

Right down the lines politically, right as things are spiking up too. Not to be political but they have no shame of stripping powers from her knowing what the state congress wants to do, which is turn this state into Florida in terms of openness. It is asinine and dangerous, it also flies in the face of the opinion of those in this state as 57% of the people in this state approve of the job Whitmer has done. Who are these people representing, it certainly isn't the people of this state.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Right down the lines politically, right as things are spiking up too. Not to be political but they have no shame of stripping powers from her knowing what the state congress wants to do, which is turn this state into Florida in terms of openness. It is asinine and dangerous, it also flies in the face of the opinion of those in this state as 57% of the people in this state approve of the job Whitmer has done. Who are these people representing, it certainly isn't the people of this state.

no matter what your political leanings are I think can we all agree that no single person should have unlimited unilateral power to issue orders that are considered law without any input whatsoever from state legislature. that is how dictators are created

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chances14 said:

no matter what your political leanings are I think can we all agree that no single person should have unlimited unilateral power to issue orders that are considered law without any input whatsoever from state legislature. that is how dictators are created

You are right, but no one party should have ultimate power neither that is how stagnation and a disconnect to the populous exists. Remember the state senate has been red since 1984, before I was even born.

How you can make this comment is staggering. Honestly it’s completely illegal what this woman is doing. Using emergency declarations when the legislature is not passing resolutions in order to control the activities of a population?

Our corporate office is currently not allowed to be open due to her work from home mandate. We’re all taking precautions but to ban people from their office is wild.

While the Southern states have gone too far in their complete openness during a pandemic, everyone should admit the same of Michigan with the powers this governor has wielded. IMO Ohio has handled this the best in the country from what I have heard
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 3

3 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

How you can make this comment is staggering. Honestly it’s completely illegal what this woman is doing. Using emergency declarations when the legislature is not passing resolutions in order to control the activities of a population?

Our corporate office is currently not allowed to be open due to her work from home mandate. We’re all taking precautions but to ban people from their office is wild.

While the Southern states have gone too far in their complete openness during a pandemic, everyone should admit the same of Michigan with the powers this governor has wielded. IMO Ohio has handled this the best in the country from what I have heard

Ohio literally was doing most of the same things, you really are very misinformed here. And as for your corporate office, nearly everything is open here unless your corporate office is a movie theater, it should be open.

Ohio literally was doing most of the same things, you really are very misinformed here. And as for your corporate office, nearly everything is open here unless your corporate office is a movie theater, it should be open.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mdhhs/MI_Safe_Start_-_Restricted_Activities_by_Category_700916_7.xlsx

That is incorrect. There is a Work From Home mandate. Here you can see all the restrictions Michigan has.

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Have you considered that if all states took Michigan’s approach, our president would have had a much, much lower chance of contracting COVID?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57% of people in this state approve of Whitmer's job that she has done, it is obvious the decision bucks the approval of this state but again who do they represent.

The courts ruled it unconstitutional. They could just pass resolutions instead of declaring executive orders?

Just like how I should go to the store to buy milk instead of stealing my neighbor’s. Sure it’s more convenient to steal their milk, but probably not best.
  • Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

The courts ruled it unconstitutional. They could just pass resolutions instead of declaring executive orders?

Just like how I should go to the store to buy milk instead of stealing my neighbor’s. Sure it’s more convenient to steal their milk, but probably not best.

You aren't worth engaging at this point because of your lack of common sense on this subject. This isn't about stealing anything it is about keeping people safe, WI did the same thing MI did a month ago and they are the 3rd worst state right now in new cases. I want to make sure that people here are safe and this is the exact opposite. You know exactly why executive orders are needed here, because if it was left up to this state congress we'd have everything open and people coughing on you shoulder to shoulder. You have made it very apparent in your posts here that this isn't a big deal and that you care more about money than safety, a large majority in this state care about safety over money.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

48 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

Have you considered that if all states took Michigan’s approach, our president would have had a much, much lower chance of contracting COVID?

Probably not.  Pretty much all of the Trump rallies have been in defiance of local or state restrictions.  He doesn't care.  He was actually scheduled to have a rally in northeast Wisconsin on Saturday -- one of the biggest hotspots in the country right now.  Obviously that rally is cancelled now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fluoronium said:

I find it crazy that the president was given the experimental polyclonal antibody treatment. Not because of the method itself, but the fact that an experimental drug tested on ~300 people was given to the POTUS. That's a big deal.

Incredibly risky and to me a sign that he is much worse than they are leading on.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, Stebo said:

I am in favor of more than one branch of government running my state. Unilateral powers aren’t good. Let’s work together and implement reasonable laws for our state. One persons rule is not how our country or state functions. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WestMichigan said:

I am in favor of more than one branch of government running my state. Unilateral powers aren’t good. Let’s work together and implement reasonable laws for our state. One persons rule is not how our country or state functions. 

The current congress made it very apparent they don't want to work with the governor, it is unilateral power through the state congress then going in the other direction.

Let me ask those who are in favor of this, do you actually want everything open like Florida and all these other states where COVID has exploded for months now? Mind you most everything is open here with restrictions such as mask wearing.

• Like 2

Go listen to the representative from the 101st. A republican who is t saying let’s go wild. He has repeatedly said that if the governor was willing they would work together to out common sense restrictions in place. The problem is the state legislature was completely ignored. There is a reason there is separation of powers. COVID isn’t something to ignore but let the government function and let the governor veto laws if she doesn’t like them that is how it is supposed to work. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

If stealing your neighbor’s milk saved your neighbor’s life, you’d want that to be tied up in litigation? 

“Oh geez, stealing my neighbor’s milk today will save his life tomorrow, but let’s litigate into next Friday and I’ll make my decision then..”

Your neighbor’s dead by next Friday. Now multiply that by thousands. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Inverted_Trough said:

Probably not.  Pretty much all of the Trump rallies have been in defiance of local or state restrictions.  He doesn't care.  He was actually scheduled to have a rally in northeast Wisconsin on Saturday -- one of the biggest hotspots in the country right now.  Obviously that rally is cancelled now.

...along with one scheduled for Janesville today, which was to replace the one scheduled for La Crosse that local authorities had urged him not to hold.