Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

7 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Please there are four testing places within my town alone. The bigger issue is the majority of people don’t care to actually get tested. Especially hospitality employees who don’t want to lose pay

Our testing centers double as tumbleweed farms and half the people walking around are wearing vented masks.

52 minutes ago, Stebo said:

For example, GA/MI both very similar population yet MI has done 400k more tests and has had 150k less cases. NY/TX TX has 150k more cases in less tests by 3 million less tests.

Yes because as I've said before THEY REALLY DON'T CARE AS A SOCIETY. Dude lol it's not the governments, there's ample testing here. People just aren't really as phased by this as what you're seeing up North. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just telling you what's happening

1 minute ago, nwohweather said:

Yes because as I've said before THEY REALLY DON'T CARE AS A SOCIETY. Dude lol it's not the governments, there's ample testing here. People just aren't really as phased by this as what you're seeing up North. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just telling you what's happening

Which is why there are more people getting sick in the south, which was my point... Because you all don't give a damn, so you are getting sick at a higher rate than here.

Yes, the guy who actually uses snow in this subforum belongs down south.

I know you’re just making a point and I’m not responding to that in any way, but I thought I’d make sure we all know there’s more than one of us that use the snow. I use the hell out of it and would be up there with will and bo if my work would allow it.

Which is why there are more people getting sick in the south, which was my point... Because you all don't give a damn, so you are getting sick at a higher rate than here.

Well yeah being social is wayyy more important here than in Ohio or Michigan. Almost everyone goes out to eat/golf/boat/beach on Friday/Saturday here and in fact I’m at a Wendy’s right now and a bunch of people are eating with friends in the parking lot.

Lol I know it sounds weird but for these folks giving up bars, boat launches and restaurants isn’t worth anything. They plain out don’t like staying at home in the South

• Weenie 1

Just now, nwohweather said:

Well yeah being social is wayyy more important here than in Ohio or Michigan. Almost everyone goes out to eat on Friday/Saturday night here and in fact I’m at a Wendy’s right now and a bunch of people are eating with friends in the parking lot.

Lol I know it sounds weird but for these folks giving up bars, boat launches and restaurants isn’t worth anything. They plain out don’t like staying at home in the South

If Wendy's is going out to eat... oof, you need to live a bit more.

1 minute ago, nwohweather said:

Whoa don’t be a d*ck. I’m just making a point how people are basically turning Wendy’s into a Sonic with their closed dining room

Yeah with all that social interaction and refusal to wear a mask, the south will continue to keep get sicker and sicker. Reluctance to treat this as something serious is going to the at their own peril.

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

Remember, there never has been a successful vaccine against colds. They are the special forces of viruses.

Yeah, the immune system has some problems with this group of viruses as time goes by.  I think it's going to depend on what "success" is considered to be.  The vaccine being a magic bullet where you get it once and never have to get it again seems extremely unlikely.  

On 8/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Stebo said:

Yeah with all that social interaction and refusal to wear a mask, the south will continue to keep get sicker and sicker. Reluctance to treat this as something serious is going to the at their own peril.

As someone who lives in the south, you literally have no clue what you’re talking about. Not to mention, the south has already been getting less sick and less sick for about a month now.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, schoeppeya said:

As someone who lives in the south, you literally have no clue what you’re talking about. Not to mention, the south has already been getting less sick and less sick for about a month now.

Yeah I'll trust the numbers over your random post. 

10 hours ago, Baum said:

No opinion here. Just some relevant articles that maybe worth a read.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/04/29/delaying-herd-immunity-is-costing-lives/

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-08-28/few-preschoolers-catch-coronavirus-data

and a little troll job for Stebo from Traverse City yesterday. Damn Southerners!!!:lol:

EgipeUgWoAEiMj2.jpeg

Yeah they are idiots but the rural parts of this state are not treating this the same as the cities. As for the links the first one is opinion and from April where a lot of data has come out since. The second one I could counter with the high volume of cases as colleges and they are much bigger spreaders amongst themselves and across the country. Also how long as school even been back in person, how about we wait a bit more than a week before spiking that ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Yeah I'll trust the numbers over your random post. 

Yeah they are idiots but the rural parts of this state are not treating this the same as the cities. As for the links the first one is opinion and from April where a lot of data has come out since. The second one I could counter with the high volume of cases as colleges and they are much bigger spreaders amongst themselves and across the country. Also how long as school even been back in person, how about we wait a bit more than a week before spiking that ball.

It is comical that you make a post claiming to trust the numbers, implying that they reinforce your narrative. If you actually go look at them, you will show my post is a reflection of those numbers, and you clearly have no idea what the numbers actually are. The only states currently showing an upward trend in cases are, in fact, not in the south. 

I haven't seen anybody not wearing a mask in public in OKC in about two months. I have been to Dallas several times and it is the same situation there. My father in law has flown to Houston a few times and most of the city has been shut downl. So, again, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

27 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

It is comical that you make a post claiming to trust the numbers, implying that they reinforce your narrative. If you actually go look at them, you will show my post is a reflection of those numbers, and you clearly have no idea what the numbers actually are. The only states currently showing an upward trend in cases are, in fact, not in the south. 

I haven't seen anybody not wearing a mask in public in OKC in about two months. I have been to Dallas several times and it is the same situation there. My father in law has flown to Houston a few times and most of the city has been shut downl. So, again, you have no clue what you're talking about. 

Several of the highest per capita case amounts over the last few months have been in the south. That is the truth. Your anecdotes are irrelevant here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Several of the highest per capita case amounts over the last few months have been in the south. That is the truth. Your anecdotes are irrelevant here.

Dude, I totally understand your passion about all this, but you gotta take a deep breath and let the North vs South stuff go. This isn’t as cut-and-dry as that, and there are certainly contributing influences outside of the political realm (climate for one - Southerners DO spend more hours in the relatively dry indoors during the hot summer). 

I concede that reopening early had a sharper effect on the curve in places, and urban areas are taking more precautionary methods since a communicable disease will naturally spread faster in high density places, but you gotta look at the breadth of this situation with a more open mind.

Anyone worried about fall/winter? What is everyone expecting? Cases/Deaths per day? Do we all get locked down again? My wifes entire law firm is closing due to Covid. 200+ employees and offices in 5 states. I'm so done with covid lockdowns and the destruction its causing. It's easy for people with stable jobs to say lock everything down. But the PPP has dried up and the $600 is gone. Open up everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobertSul said:

Dude, I totally understand your passion about all this, but you gotta take a deep breath and let the North vs South stuff go. This isn’t as cut-and-dry as that, and there are certainly contributing influences outside of the political realm (climate for one - Southerners DO spend more hours in the relatively dry indoors during the hot summer). 

I concede that reopening early had a sharper effect on the curve in places, and urban areas are taking more precautionary methods since a communicable disease will naturally spread faster in high density places, but you gotta look at the breadth of this situation with a more open mind.

Of course there are other factors but hell the people posting in here from the south are openly admitting to not wearing masks or that masks are scarce down there. That is a huge factor in the spread and shouldn't be ignored. There is a reason the curves in the north have gone down, and its been a hot summer here and out east so many are in AC here too, so the AC comparison falls a bit flat.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Anyone worried about fall/winter? What is everyone expecting? Cases/Deaths per day? Do we all get locked down again? My wifes entire law firm is closing due to Covid. 200+ employees and offices in 5 states. I'm so done with covid lockdowns and the destruction its causing. It's easy for people with stable jobs to say lock everything down. But the PPP has dried up and the $600 is gone. Open up everything.

No one really knows but if it follows the cold and flu viruses then it should be bad in winter. Maybe it doesn't and we get lucky but the comparative viruses usually explode then so I am not very hopeful.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

My area has seen a 134% increase in people dying at home since March. People are scared to go to the hospital. Suicides are also up.

29 deaths in a county of 190,000. Far more of these deaths than COVID.

Business taking quite a downturn now.... and we sell food.

9 hours ago, Stebo said:

Yes, cases in the sun belt were exceptionally high. However, the fatality rate on those cases has been substantially lower as compared to the north east. Should add data shows the south seems to be improving and we have yet to see a correlating jump in deaths as seen further north. 

statistic_id1109004_rate-of-us-coronavirus--covid-19--cases-as-of-august-28-2020-by-state.png

statistic_id1109011_covid-19-death-rates-in-the-united-states-as-of-august-28-2020-by-state.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Stebo said:

I specifically took issue with you stating the south will continue to get “sicker and sicker”, which actual data shows is beyond ignorant. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Agree with this. The damage to the economy, people, mental health etc is just too much.  

• Like 2