• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

Well it got me and it's definitely not done with me.  I'll be brief but just wanted to share a frontline experience.  I began not feeling well the around the first-second week of May.  Mainly persistent headaches and joint pain.  I believe I posted before I've had chronic Lyme disease for over 12 years and have had a few flare ups in that time.  I figured that's what it was.  I didn't have a fever, no trouble breathing, none of the common symptoms of Covid.  After 2 more days it got worse, especially the headaches.  I called my physician, who is an LLMD, and he ordered both a Lyme test and a Covid test.  He didnt think it was Covid either because I wasn't showing typical Covid symptoms.  Scheduled the tests the next day, had them, got a quick Covid diagnostic while at the lab, no fever, oxygen levels fine, lungs clear, then went back home.

48 hours later I was in an ambulance because the ol'lady couldn't wake me up.  All I remember is laying down on the couch with an ice pack on my head and 2 dogs on top of me and then waking up in ICU feeling like a marionette with all the tubes and wires hooked to me.  I was told I was out for about 36 hours.  I got the quick test at the hospital and was positive.  I guess my other test came back positive 3 days later, Lyme test negative..

Once again to keep it brief, I thought if I got this thing it would hit me in the chest because I've been an on and off smoker for 40 some years.  The virus didn't hit me there.  It hit me in my blood and in my brain.  The encephalitis in my brain got bad enough I was put into an induced coma and intubated for 17 days to try and reduce the severe swelling.  I had to have 3 blood transfusions during that time because the virus was really screwing with my red blood cells causing them to basically work opposite of the way they are supposed to work.  I consciously never knew it but I guess I was on the edge.  Subconsciously, and I'm serious, I lived an entire lifetime in another dimension with vivid memories of my life, decades of my life,completely different from my life, that, well, weren't real?  The hardest part was the loneliness after I woke up.  Those stories about you're in there all by yourself, they're not kidding.  It was almost 2 weeks after I woke up before I got moved out of ICU and the Covid ward before I could see anyone besides nurses and Dr's dressed up in biohazard space suits.

Anyway, I was in the hospital for almost 2 months, I got out on the 10th.  I'm just now starting to get semi right, so I'm told lol.  There's no medical evidence of brain damage, I still have what little scruples I had before this.  I told her nothing can keep me away from hurricane season, guess I arrived just in time :arrrg:

I may be an extreme case but at least I'm alive.  145k and counting aren't.  Better perspective, 140k since April 1st.  Please don't take this lightly.  Please think about your loved ones, your friends, your neighbor, your fellow citizens.  Please think about Gertrude who already has one foot in the grave, let her put the other foot in, it's her right.  Nobody deserves to get sick, go through what I have or to die like my friend did back when this started over stupid selfish pride.  

Where a damn mask, it's the least you can do.

(maybe I'm not right that took me 3 hours lol)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 6

Jack, I'm glad to see that you are recovering. I was really concerned when you quit posting, I just knew something was terribly wrong.  What a horrible nightmare for you. Your story should be told to every anti-masker. As you said, you really don't deserve what happened to you. Prayers for a full recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Well it got me and it's definitely not done with me.  I'll be brief but just wanted to share a frontline experience.  I began not feeling well the around the first-second week of May.  Mainly persistent headaches and joint pain.  I believe I posted before I've had chronic Lyme disease for over 12 years and have had a few flare ups in that time.  I figured that's what it was.  I didn't have a fever, no trouble breathing, none of the common symptoms of Covid.  After 2 more days it got worse, especially the headaches.  I called my physician, who is an LLMD, and he ordered both a Lyme test and a Covid test.  He didnt think it was Covid either because I wasn't showing typical Covid symptoms.  Scheduled the tests the next day, had them, got a quick Covid diagnostic while at the lab, no fever, oxygen levels fine, lungs clear, then went back home.

48 hours later I was in an ambulance because the ol'lady couldn't wake me up.  All I remember is laying down on the couch with an ice pack on my head and 2 dogs on top of me and then waking up in ICU feeling like a marionette with all the tubes and wires hooked to me.  I was told I was out for about 36 hours.  I got the quick test at the hospital and was positive.  I guess my other test came back positive 3 days later, Lyme test negative..

Once again to keep it brief, I thought if I got this thing it would hit me in the chest because I've been an on and off smoker for 40 some years.  The virus didn't hit me there.  It hit me in my blood and in my brain.  The encephalitis in my brain got bad enough I was put into an induced coma and intubated for 17 days to try and reduce the severe swelling.  I had to have 3 blood transfusions during that time because the virus was really screwing with my red blood cells causing them to basically work opposite of the way they are supposed to work.  I consciously never knew it but I guess I was on the edge.  Subconsciously, and I'm serious, I lived an entire lifetime in another dimension with vivid memories of my life, decades of my life,completely different from my life, that, well, weren't real?  The hardest part was the loneliness after I woke up.  Those stories about you're in there all by yourself, they're not kidding.  It was almost 2 weeks after I woke up before I got moved out of ICU and the Covid ward before I could see anyone besides nurses and Dr's dressed up in biohazard space suits.

Anyway, I was in the hospital for almost 2 months, I got out on the 10th.  I'm just now starting to get semi right, so I'm told lol.  There's no medical evidence of brain damage, I still have what little scruples I had before this.  I told her nothing can keep me away from hurricane season, guess I arrived just in time :arrrg:

I may be an extreme case but at least I'm alive.  145k and counting aren't.  Better perspective, 140k since April 1st.  Please don't take this lightly.  Please think about your loved ones, your friends, your neighbor, your fellow citizens.  Please think about Gertrude who already has one foot in the grave, let her put the other foot in, it's her right.  Nobody deserves to get sick, go through what I have or to die like my friend did back when this started over stupid selfish pride.  

Wow - thanks for sharing that.  I am glad you recovered and are okay.

Any idea where you think you contracted it from?

• Like 2

Take care.

Thank you for sharing that. It is impactful to me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Damn man.  Thanks for sharing your account.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

did the virus get taft?

Had the same thought.  I mean, he was living in Florida and they are going through a rough time.

Though the story said he was surrounded by family members, which could suggest another cause since people who die of covid usually die without family physically present.  Unless they were on a video chat or something...

Bars/clubs in Indianapolis are closing and restaurants are going back down to 50%.  I think it is only Indy/Marion county so far and not across the state.  

We have not trended very well in July, though fortunately the hospital situation is not currently on the brink as is the case in other states.

Screenshot_20200724-155606.thumb.png.19bd31564f6076baa7fbace29fc03e80.png

11 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

Jack I am glad to hear you are recovering and this should be a reminder to people that it can hit close to home.

• Like 2

National covid hospitalization levels are at the level they were at back in April.  Does not mean we will see a death rate like we had back then (due to a higher proportion of younger people being hospitalized as well as having more knowledge about how to treat now) but unfortunately we are probably just going to rip off 1000+ deaths a day for the foreseeable future, except on the weekend/lag days.

Well, my girlfriend’s results came in positive earlier tonight. She’s a nurse and gets tested every week on Tuesday.

I've been with her every night and intimately as you can imagine.

Currently, I’m showing no symptoms. She threw up today. We drank wine and sangria last night. 

Will continue a log here. 

- So far, it’s been a week. I’m ok, and she’s ok so far. 

- I always had a fair view about this situation. But had and still have no problems wearing a mask and being careful wherever I go. I know now 6 people who had it. ...2 of those were fighting it off for a week or 2. ...The rest barely noticeable if any. (My girlfriend being the 6th so far. Me the 7th but I don’t know yet)

- I didn’t get tested yet. I just hope I didn’t spread it to others if I have it. Especially my parents. But I’ve been with my girlfriend intimately these past couple days obviously. I should have it. Don’t know yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest ovweather

MLB is only a few days into the season and teams are already having to postpone / cancel games because of the virus. Miami Marlins are the first team to bite the dust. If only baseball had followed the NBA’s model of playing in a bubble. But then again, the chance of the NBA season finishing in that bubble is up in the air (no pun) considering how some players are already displaying careless behavior. Not to mention how much testing resources are being wasted on sports teams right now.

34 minutes ago, ovweather said:

MLB is only a few days into the season and teams are already having to postpone / cancel games because of the virus. Miami Marlins are the first team to bite the dust. If only baseball had followed the NBA’s model of playing in a bubble. But then again, the odds of the NBA season finishing in that bubble is up in the air (no pun) considering how some players are already displaying careless behavior. Not to mention how much testing resources are being wasted on sports teams right now.

Really bad sign that there is already an outbreak on a team.  Reports say that it is like 11+ players on the Marlins.  MLB is in a tough spot.  I think they may be inclined to wait and see if this is sort of an isolated incident as far as this big of an outbreak.  If another team or two gets slammed, they definitely pull the plug on the season.  

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Pretty shocking the MLB didn't plan for this. Literally inevitable that something like this was going to happen. The bubbles with NHL and NBA have a chance but MLB and NFL, no chance the season finishes. Really sucks as the Bills have the best team its had since the Kelly years and more importantly Brady is gone. 

MLB did plan, they have a "taxi squad" to fill in for players that go down because of the virus. They are testing repeatedly to try and catch cases before they turn into an outbreak.

The nature of this virus just makes team sports incredibly difficult to accomplish. The locker room is just too risky for easy spread, it's really unfortunate. Plus with teams flying around the country there's too many opportunities for a player or other employees to catch the virus and accidentally introduce it into the clubhouse.

1 minute ago, mattb65 said:

MLB did plan, they have a "taxi squad" to fill in for players that go down because of the virus. They are testing repeatedly to try and catch cases before they turn into an outbreak.

The nature of this virus just makes team sports incredibly difficult to accomplish. The locker room is just too risky for easy spread, it's really unfortunate. Plus with teams flying around the country there's too many opportunities for a player or other employees to catch the virus and accidentally introduce it into the clubhouse.

Well they didn't plan well enough if they're canceling 2 games already. The NHL just tested everyone with zero cases in their bubble. 

On 7/26/2020 at 1:50 AM, Castaway said:

Well, my girlfriend’s results came in positive earlier tonight. She’s a nurse and gets tested every week on Tuesday.

I've been with her every night and intimately as you can imagine.

Currently, I’m showing no symptoms. She threw up today. We drank wine and sangria last night. 

Will continue a log here. 

- So far, it’s been a week. I’m ok, and she’s ok so far. 

- I always had a fair view about this situation. But had and still have no problems wearing a mask and being careful wherever I go. I know now 6 people who had it. ...2 of those were fighting it off for a week or 2. ...The rest barely noticeable if any. (My girlfriend being the 6th so far. Me the 7th but I don’t know yet)

- I didn’t get tested yet. I just hope I didn’t spread it to others if I have it. Especially my parents. But I’ve been with my girlfriend intimately these past couple days obviously. I should have it. Don’t know yet.

This guy gets intimate 

• Haha 1

Guest ovweather
48 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

This guy gets intimate 

I'm sorry this guy's girlfriend is positive and he might be. I sincerely hope they both are fine long-term. But I since a bit of a backdoor brag about how often he and his girlfriend are intimate. But hey, good for those kids. Enjoy it while you can get it.

^ lol 

I was trying to emphasize I was really exposed. She was off for 2 days last week and we stayed in bed watching shows for hours on end etc. Eating together. Sharing ice cream etc. We currently don’t live together but we shared a lot of time together etc. Etc. 

So far I’m ok. Been taking doses of vitamin C. Eating salad, homemade bean soup etc, washing my hands often etc.  I woke up earlier with a little chest congestion but nothing crazy and it went away after a nap. But I hear weird cases for some where it can hit you bad out of nowhere so I don’t take it lightly that I’m out of the woods yet. I had pneumonia a few times growing up and had my tonsils removed. I’m definitely not taking lightly. 

She’s been very exhausted and sleeping a lot. And she has stronger chest congestion. No fever or anything else. But she has zero appetite. Has been drinking tea with honey etc.

It’s been around 10days-ish so far. My GF had her test Tuesday. So it had to been caught a couple days prior to that. A friend of mine said he got symptoms within 2 days. 

I didn’t get tested yet. Just been staying at home and monitoring it. Will try to go soon sometime this week. So far, thankfully it has been ok. Not out of the woods yet.

Guest ovweather
1 hour ago, Jonger said:

116264067_10220045815608443_1533185486918858565_n.thumb.jpg.efd2b3619dca6baa92a4bed317b5b9e3.jpg

Not exactly the bubonic plague 2.0.

In just a few months time with lockdowns and mask mandates in place, I think that map is a bit scary. If that was over 10 years, then yeah, no biggie.

I’m guessing Carrie Ann doesn’t know anyone who has died a horrible death from the virus? I wonder how she will view those numbers if she or a loved one is one of the victims? A perfect example of a self-entitled narcissist. Poor thing, her world has been turned upside down because she can’t make it to the nail salon and her barre fitness class weekly. Her life must be hell right now.

They should make it mandatory to wear masks in stores. I’ve seen people walk around in some without a care in the world. 

it’s not hard to wear a mask. And not covering your nose when you do wear one is completely ignorant.

Do it for others safety at least. And like I said I have a fair view about this situation. It’s a difficult one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonger said:

116264067_10220045815608443_1533185486918858565_n.thumb.jpg.efd2b3619dca6baa92a4bed317b5b9e3.jpg

Not exactly the bubonic plague 2.0.

Yeah we have only tested 15% of the country and of that 15%, 9% of them have been positive. All this in only 5 months. I mean can you at least attempt to realize how dangerous this is instead plunging your head into the sand 24/7.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ovweather said:

In just a few months time with lockdowns and mask mandates in place, I think that map is a bit scary. If that was over 10 years, then yeah, no biggie.

I’m guessing Carrie Ann doesn’t know anyone who has died a horrible death from the virus? I wonder how she will view those numbers if she or a loved one is one of the victims? A perfect example of a self-entitled narcissist. Poor thing, her world has been turned upside down because she can’t make it to the nail salon and her barre fitness class weekly. Her life must be hell right now.

Jonger is an extension of that belief otherwise he wouldn't have posted that map.

• Like 1