Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

Just now, Stebo said:

It's a fact that this virus directly impacts those who are diabetic way more than anyone else except the elderly. Yes I agree that is a fact.

Because diabetes can lead to complications that weaken the body to any infection.

But.... as I told you before.

Individuals with pre-existing conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, have a demonstrated higher risk for developing more severe cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection, leading to higher morbidity and mortality. A new study sheds light on improving outcomes for patients with type 2 diabetes who are infected with the virus, suggesting that a focus on blood glucose (BG) control may be key. 

https://www.drugtopics.com/view/covid-19-and-diabetes-blood-sugar-control-may-help-improve-outcomes

My sugar hasn't exceed 150 mg/dl in almost 2 years. So... that's why I responded the way I did.

• Thanks 1

In case anyone wasn't aware, my son is a type 1 diabetic. My life pretty much revolves around the disease. Most of this has been discussed with an endocrinologist.  I really wish I didn't have to know as much about it as I do, but I have a pretty vested interest in keeping my 9 year old alive and healthy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BeastFromTheEast said:

Can you even touch the rim Jongirl? I’m 5’8, 27yo and I can do this. . . 

Guarantee my nuts will be in yo face if we ball. 

pan_Nd.gif

Um... yes, I can touch the rim.

I can't jump like I did when I was 27 (I'm 41).

That basketball gif was about 4 years ago when I started getting my ass back into shape after the T2 diabetes diagnosis. I was about 265 lbs. I'm 6' 5'' around 225 right now.

2 hours ago, Jonger said:

Because diabetes can lead to complications that weaken the body to any infection.

But.... as I told you before.

Individuals with pre-existing conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, have a demonstrated higher risk for developing more severe cases of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection, leading to higher morbidity and mortality. A new study sheds light on improving outcomes for patients with type 2 diabetes who are infected with the virus, suggesting that a focus on blood glucose (BG) control may be key. 

https://www.drugtopics.com/view/covid-19-and-diabetes-blood-sugar-control-may-help-improve-outcomes

My sugar hasn't exceed 150 mg/dl in almost 2 years. So... that's why I responded the way I did.

You are citing a 2 month old study and it is "suggesting" the control "may" be the key. I would rather be careful than not anyways. This is still a great unknown.

On 6/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, RogueWaves said:

Whether you're personally in a position to accept it or not, there are many points to be made about the economic impact of C-19. Many here have been doing just that and what gives you the right to bully them not to continue to do so? Economically depressed lives matter! To some, that may be their only reality of this entire historical episode. But they can't comment? Now they have to forfeit that freedom of opinion as well? Perhaps you should hand over your next two paychecks to someone who's been put out of work by this to better understand the perspective.

Care about the economy? 

Wear a damn mask.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/coronavirus-mask-mandate-boost-economy-goldman-sachs

From arguably the kings of capitalism - Goldman Sachs.

The economy depends on keeping the virus at bay - see Texas, Florida, Arizona shutting shit down, delaying school opening, hurting the economy because of the virus. Do the simple stuff that doesn't hurt the economy, please just wear a mask.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattb65 said:

Care about the economy? 

Wear a damn mask.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/coronavirus-mask-mandate-boost-economy-goldman-sachs

From arguably the kings of capitalism - Goldman Sachs.

The economy depends on keeping the virus at bay - see Texas, Florida, Arizona shutting shit down, delaying school opening, hurting the economy because of the virus. Do the simple stuff that doesn't hurt the economy, please just wear a mask.

How is it enforced though? Charleston, SC passed a mask law for the entire county, but ultimately business owners throwing people out is the only way this works. That's why the government IS SO STUPID. They should just pass a national mask law and fine the hell out of businesses if patrons are in there maskless. It's the one thing that boggles my mind, liberals want bigger government & universal healthcare, but then reality hits and you get a guy like Donald Trump in charge of it for at least 4 years :lol:

Enough of this please stuff. If this is that serious then lets see some serious enforcement instead of all this political grandstanding

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nwohweather said:

How is it enforced though? Charleston, SC passed a mask law for the entire county, but ultimately business owners throwing people out is the only way this works. That's why the government IS SO STUPID. They should just pass a national mask law and fine the hell out of businesses if patrons are in there maskless. It's the one thing that boggles my mind, liberals want bigger government & universal healthcare, but then reality hits and you get a guy like Donald Trump in charge of it for at least 4 years :lol:

Enough of this please stuff. If this is that serious then lets see some serious enforcement instead of all this political grandstanding

Good luck with a national mask law. Public shaming/cancel culture seem to be making progress. If that won’t work, more lockdowns will do the trick. 

1 hour ago, purduewx80 said:

Good luck with a national mask law. Public shaming/cancel culture seem to be making progress. If that won’t work, more lockdowns will do the trick. 

But that's the biggest issue. The thing you have to understand is you live in Chicago. At the end of February I moved from just south of Ann Arbor to here in Charleston, SC so I've experienced this entire pandemic here. I cannot relate to the fear in so many of your posts, simply because no one has ever been that concerned with it down here. Not the media, not the government, so how do you expect a Charlestonian to take this as seriously as someone in Chicago or Detroit? 

Here it's looked down upon for a man to be wearing a mask, and quite frankly a neighbor told me he won't wear one "because he doesn't like it in the backdoor". I live in a nice neighborhood, all households are well earning & most are educated, and yet most simply do not care about it. We have a mask law in place for the entire metro area, and yet it isn't really followed at all

2 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Not sure how it would be enforced. Most liberals seem to be on board with wearing masks already. If the orange guy wanted to see the 'vid get under control and the economy start roaring back then he should go all in on getting his base to join the mask wearing crowd. Not sure how he could pull that sort of 180 but he's done it before. 

3 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Easy, if a business keeps allowing people to come in setup a complaint line and shut the businesses down. Money talks and that will motivate people. If people still want to go maskless they can order their shit from home.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Easy, if a business keeps allowing people to come in setup a complaint line and shut the businesses down. Money talks and that will motivate people. If people still want to go maskless they can order their shit from home.

A - We don't live in China.  What sort of nanny state do you want?

B - You cound make the opposite argument just as easy for staying at home.

• Like 1

Just now, WestMichigan said:

I want a state where we don't need someone telling you need a mask, but common sense is completely absent of people so here we are. You got a better alternative?

• Like 1

Part of the issue lies in the many different circumstances, some of which are really risky and others that are not.  I'm all for a mask rule indoors in high risk places like restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc when not consuming food.  Hopefully businesses are willing to enforce this.  It seems some people want a universal mask rule in public places outdoors as well though, which opens up to a lot of complaints and enforcing inconsistencies.  You may have a minority getting cited and then crying racism too.  Hopefully they find a happy medium for places that should require masks so we can get this under control while also avoiding too many infringements on people's freedoms.

Guest ovweather
12 minutes ago, WestMichigan said:

Businesses here in the US won’t allow or serve people who try to enter without shirt and shoes, so why not just add masks to that list, at least until the pandemic is over and our knowledge of the virus is much greater? No shirt, shoes, mask = no service. Easy.

5 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Part of the issue lies in the many different circumstances, some of which are really risky and others that are not.  I'm all for a mask rule indoors in high risk places like restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc when not consuming food.  Hopefully businesses are willing to enforce this.  It seems some people want a universal mask rule in public places outdoors as well though, which opens up to a lot of complaints and enforcing inconsistencies.  You may have a minority getting cited and then crying racism too.  Hopefully they find a happy medium for places that should require masks so we can get this under control while also avoiding too many infringements on people's freedoms.

I think this should really depend on the circumstances.  If you're going to try to hold an outdoor event with a ton of people packed close together (ultimate example would be like an outdoor concert), then it would be wise to wear a mask.  

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I think this should really depend on the circumstances.  If you're going to try to hold an outdoor event with a ton of people packed close together (ultimate example would be like an outdoor concert), then it would be wise to wear a mask.  

Agreed, but I can see the lakefront areas in cities like Milwaukee and Chicago featuring everyone doing their own thing, generally spacing, and having this requirement there will not go over well when they have to pick and choose who to cite.

Most outdoor events in Milwaukee anyway have been canceled.  Basically every decent sized festival, sans a neighboring county fair or two.

18 minutes ago, ovweather said:

Businesses here in the US won’t allow or serve people who try to enter without shirt and shoes, so why not just add masks to that list, at least until the pandemic is over and our knowledge of the virus is much greater? No shirt, shoes, mask = no service. Easy.

Bingo. Why is a mask immediately a deal breaker for some but not shirt or shoes.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wisconsinwx said:

Not outdoor public places is social distancing is being applied. If you want to sit on a restaurants patio in the open air mask off, that is fine. But if you have to go into the restaurant, mask on.

• Like 1

You just repeated what I said lol. But yeah they just won’t enforce that here. Maybe in Michigan but believe me no one will go for that. They haven’t the last few days

5 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Yea.... probably not going to see this happen.