Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Toronto's chief medical officer of health said there's almost certainly evidence of community transmission now.  The gentleman who died in Halton contracted in through community transmission too. 

So, yeah, be optimistic but also be vigilant. 

58 new cases today. People continue to travel and go outside their homes for non-essential things. Until that stops, this won't stop spreading. 

I'm working from home till mid April. I have a feeling that'll likely get extended till May and perhaps even our schools and other businesses. It ceases to amaze me that some people think this is some sort of conspiracy. Nobody is gaining anything from this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

58 new cases today. People continue to travel and go outside their homes for non-essential things. Until that stops, this won't stop spreading. 

I'm working from home till mid April. I have a feeling that'll likely get extended till May and perhaps even our schools and other businesses. It ceases to amaze me that some people think this is some sort of conspiracy. Nobody is gaining anything from this. 

Well you can go outside your home for a walk or something. I'd say that's a low risk activity as long as you're respecting physical distance from others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baum said:

I've heard China is starting to level off. Does anyone have stats on: cases, deaths, recoveries, and death rate from China?Taking into account one should be a bit skeptical of those numbers.

This is a pretty good site

China specifically

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

You are right to treat them with skepticism.  For various reasons I think it will be more telling to watch how long it takes Europe to turn the corner for a better idea of what we're facing here in the US.

• Like 2

It makes no sense to think that the same virus we see ravaging Europe would simply stop circulating in China just because they have locked down one city for a number of weeks. A lockdown may slow the viruse’s spread, but it will not completely shut it down. If China is truly resuming normal life, the logical expectations is that this virus would surge again and begin to infect everyone who hadn’t been infected the first time. China saying there’s no no infections, to me, simply makes absolutely no sense and I’ve not heard one expert be able to explain how a simple lock down for a few weeks in one region of China would stop it in its tracks. They have a population of billions.....

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Pretty grateful at a time like this I'm pretty much already a social recluse.  The transition to the new regime has been seamless.

I got 15 cases of hard seltzer, my Doppler on Wheels dakimakura, and assorted handguns & mall bought samurai swords strewn within easy reach about my dimly-lit flag-draped living room. i’m ready for anything.

• Haha 2

I have some chronic conditions, so I’ve isolated myself in an old trailer that my grandfather used to live up in the middle of Wisconsin to try to get away from the metro area. I feel fine but due to hoarding I can’t get much food! Unreal how people can buy up supplies. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

That combo is a ticking time bomb without the help of the virus.

That combo is also insanely common in Americans over 50. What country do you all think you live in. Your average fat ass middle age American has like 23 pre-existing conditions.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

That combo is also insanely common in Americans over 50. What country do you all think you live in. Your average fat ass middle age American has like 23 pre-existing conditions.

and I was going to have pancakes and bacon this morning for the first time in years as a treat vs. my spinach and avocado smoothie...dam it! Thanks for that...note...i was going to add blueberries to the wheat cakes. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Maneee said:

I have some chronic conditions, so I’ve isolated myself in an old trailer that my grandfather used to live up in the middle of Wisconsin to try to get away from the metro area. I feel fine but due to hoarding I can’t get much food! Unreal how people can buy up supplies. 

Misinformation, an out of control msm, disgusting social-media, a political war still raging.  I can understand why people may feel unsure and scared.  Hoarding and stocking up on things is a line of defense humans/animals have.  An instinct similar to perhaps what drove you out into the boonies.  I find it a little odd that the majority of people weren't at least a little bit prepared for SOMETHING.  Your life is either too cozy or you aren't in touch with the basic human instincts... feed and defend. :P

Probably a smart move you made to distance yourself.  Beyond the scope of the virus itself, I think the next few weeks will be trying times to say the least.

• Like 2