Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

I was a field service engineer for 10 years before my current job and was NEVER home, sometimes gone 2 or 3 weeks at a time.  I got to travel all over the US and Canada which was great but I got so sick of living out of hotels and eating at restaurants besides being away from my wife and family for such long periods.  Took my current job because it allowed me to be home and now the wife hates me lol.  I work 90% from my home office, occasionally getting to go in for corporate crap or a rare customer onsite.  My friends who go to a workplace say I have it made but it really is hard.  When I said its not what it's cracked up to be is because working from home almost all the time requires a lot more discipline than most people realize.  It's really easy to get distracted and complacent.  Didn't take me long to figure that out.  I built a shed away from the house that's my home office so I have some kind of "feel" like I'm going to work .  I will admit, the 50 foot commute is pretty sweet lol.  

Oh yes, anytime I work from home I hear that from my friends and family who do not, that I have it made lol. I do understand the distracted and complacent part. As it is when I know my work from home week is coming up I plan my schedule a little lighter lol. Obviously to do it full time it would require a bit more discipline, but it's a discipline that I am ready for.

43 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Easily one of the most overhyped and overblown events in recent times.

Please share your gift of clairvoyance and inform us what the death toll will be in two months and whether any of our immediate relatives will pass on, since this is just starting up for the rest of us. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RobertSul said:

Please share your gift of clairvoyance and inform us what the death toll will be in two months and whether any of our immediate relatives will pass on, since this is just starting up for the rest of us. 

I think it is easy to think what's the big deal when we don't have hundreds or thousands of Americans dying daily from this right now.  But the whole point of all these measures is to try to reduce the likelihood of that.  Could argue that we should be doing even more since restrictions are not consistent across the 50 states.  You see what happens overseas when some places are too slow to react... it's not some theoretical thing, there is documented data on it.  

Just now, Hoosier said:

I think it is easy to think what's the big deal when we don't have hundreds or thousands of Americans dying daily from this right now.  But the whole point of all these measures is to try to reduce the likelihood of that.  Could argue that we should be doing even more since restrictions are not consistent across the 50 states.  You see what happens overseas when some places are too slow to react... it's not some theoretical thing, there is documented data on it.  

Right, Italy being a prime example of what happens when the government doesn’t react fast enough. 

Walmart, Target, etc are fully out of toilet paper, paper towels, tissue, sanitizers, cleaning supplies, cleaners, water and other stuff.

There has been a big run on food and medicine as well. Cold/flu medicine, eggs, butter, juices, milk, Gatorade, bread, canned food, noodles, rice, potatoes, meats, frozen foods...all have very low quantities or are out.

http://i.picasion.com/pic89/c9d1dcf2d20331a73c73ead0a0f1c52d.gif

477ab9217a226910a1eb964b4f8b7875.gif&key=4d5b681f7e8a55df02e901d86dd68aebcde2398080a1c76784fb460f4aa540d3

e065c0036218a6cb310abc4a47044b4a.gif&key=a6db8bdaa2855a58ab5f676ccb207073d24524d9833382b2a527894a2f1c188e

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Court systems around the state are going to a “bare bones” mode for the next 30+ days. No jury trials, minimal motions to be heard, etc. 
The kids are absolutely not going to be back in school until mid April at the earliest. Absolute insanity. 

As a property manager, this sucks

We are a nation, even a world, at war. But the enemy is not in a far away land, it's all around us: In our workplaces, our shops, even our homes. 

Image may contain: text

The only way we can win this war and avoid global catastrophe is through the way any war is won. We must do our civic duty and stay as isolated as possible. The worst days are ahead of us, as the graphic shows.