• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
MAG5035

Central PA - Spring 2020

Ugh...I can't wait for this dreary, rainy, cold pattern to end. I am just SO depressed right now. Between the virus restrictions, being out of work from my regular job, to trying trucking again, which I gave up on due to the restrictions (restaurants closed by the time I parked, 2 hour waits for showers, etc) I just need some nice weather to get out and walk or work in the yard or whatever.

21 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

That is an amazing setup! Would you be able to elaborate on your instrumentation, placement and upkeep?

@Eskimo Joe

Thanks for your interest.   I have a mixture of NWS and personal equipment.    Pictured below in first pic is the MMTS temperature sensor on the far left followed by fisher porter, 8” standard and 4” cocarahs rain guages going from left to right.    The second pic are my personal stations which are the Rainwise MK3 and the Davis VP2 stations.   The tower is exactly 10 meters (33 ft) to make the wind measurements offical.   Overall there isn’t much maintenance but once in a while I’ll have to change a battery or wind cup etc.  

1E549742-BDFE-4B23-9837-505535B4D290.jpeg

49324019-1B82-4831-90C3-77B43FE4395F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

@Eskimo Joe

Thanks for your interest.   I have a mixture of NWS and personal equipment.    Pictured below in first pic is the MMTS temperature sensor on the far left followed by fisher porter, 8” standard and 4” cocarahs rain guages going from left to right.    The second pic are my personal stations which are the Rainwise MK3 and the Davis VP2 stations.   The tower is exactly 10 meters (33 ft) to make the wind measurements offical.   Overall there isn’t much maintenance but once in a while I’ll have change a battery or wind cup etc.  

Awesome setup Cashtown!!

• Thanks 1

Lol, mixed rain and snow with this latest shower coming through. Sure is a miserable day trying to finish the lawn. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Made it to 52 here today, but with plenty of clouds and a brisk NW wind it wasn't the most pleasant of spring days outdoors. Inside, my AC is running right now, however. :) 

That’s outrageous! You must live on top of some geothermal hot spring!

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Congrats on the snow flakes!

I think that is 3 different dates in May he has seen snow.  It has snowed 30% of the days in May for Mag.

7 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

@Eskimo Joe

Thanks for your interest.   I have a mixture of NWS and personal equipment.    Pictured below in first pic is the MMTS temperature sensor on the far left followed by fisher porter, 8” standard and 4” cocarahs rain guages going from left to right.    The second pic are my personal stations which are the Rainwise MK3 and the Davis VP2 stations.   The tower is exactly 10 meters (33 ft) to make the wind measurements offical.   Overall there isn’t much maintenance but once in a while I’ll have to change a battery or wind cup etc.  

Do you have links to buy the equipment? How was the tower installed? How do you maintain the anenometer? 

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

I was up in Steam Valley yesterday...Snow/Grapula and rain multiple times through out the day. No  accumulation   

Heading up for our delayed (but not denied) cinco de mayo turk n trout weekend at the cabin this weekend.  Cant wait.

My niece is up there now and has seen snow every day since saturday.

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Heading up for our delayed (but not denied) cinco de mayo turk n trout weekend at the cabin this weekend.  Cant wait.

My niece is up there now and has seen snow every day since saturday.

Quince de mayo 

3 hours ago, paweather said:

Have a great summer everyone! Hope to be back in September when my "Hope for Snow" Campaign starts that month. My Snow Campaign Advisor told me it would be a good idea to start it in September. :D Great forum, great people. 

At least we should have a shorter offseason than usual after many of us got some May snow!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Calling @Voyager Calling @Voyager I think next week at least a few locations in the LSV will reach or exceed 90. Even if It doesn't, mid 80s seem  like a lock...

As we spring forward with little to no Spring.   Our weather is American as Apple pie and snow a couple weeks before Memorial day. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

As we spring forward with little to no Spring.   Our weather is American as Apple pie and snow a couple weeks before Memorial day. 

My guess might already be in trouble if we keep getting back door cold fronts...though it looks like even if we cool early next week that warmer/hot? weather surges in for Memorial Day weekend...

My guess might already be in trouble if we keep getting back door cold fronts...though it looks like even if we cool early next week that warmer/hot? weather surges in for Memorial Day weekend...

Could get wet and cool again next weekend into at least early week.

30 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I thought Thursday through weekend looked sunny and warm. Shit, rain will not work for me

I thought he meant Memorial weekend but he may have meant this weekend...but this weekend is not supposed to be sunny....maybe Partly Sunny but chance of rain both days.