• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

4 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I know what its like. I've been on vacation 3 times during Hurricanes. once during hurricane Charley while in Myrtle Beach. Destroyed the place we were staying in :wacko2: !!  Can't do shit about it. Remember, you can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

These are the days you try to finish more than one case of beer. I believe in you.  

Having a great time despite the weather. This place is special in a lot of ways and to be here during nasty weather is honestly very cool. The rain certainly overperformed yesterday but hasn't been too bad today.

As for the beer - my wife is winning that competition with ease. :)

Have a great week everyone. For those worrying about dry conditions up home...I'll do my best to send a little wetness your way. There's more than enough to go around...

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Having a great time despite the weather. This place is special in a lot of ways and to be here during nasty weather is honestly very cool. The rain certainly overperformed yesterday but hasn't been too bad today.

As for the beer - my wife is winning that competition with ease. :)

Have a great week everyone. For those worrying about dry conditions up home...I'll do my best to send a little wetness your way. There's more than enough to go around...

Get out your fan and push that stuff north.  I think I am in the minority of being dry though I suspect @Cashtown_Coop 's golf course is doing a lot of watering.  I was in Gettysburg yesterday and many peoples lawns looked like they sprayed roundup on them.  Enjoy your time.  It's not how much beer you drink its what kind :-).  3 Coors Lite's are the same as one Mad Elf. 

I have traveled through 6 different counties in the lower Susquehanna & Juniata Valleys over the last few days. Every county has looked very green. I see no signs of drought anywhere.

I just cut the grass on Sunday & now it might need mowed again by tomorrow. Also, the weeds are never ending. There is no drought in my yard. 

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I have traveled through 6 different counties in the lower Susquehanna & Juniata Valleys over the last few days. Every county has looked very green. I see no signs of drought anywhere.

I just cut the grass on Sunday & now it might need mowed again by tomorrow. Also, the weeds are never ending. There is no drought in my yard. 

The Western LSV will probably be officially declared in a drought on Thursday though I did not watch radar every day for Adams and Cumberland.

image.png

9 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:
22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The Western LSV will probably be officially declared in a drought on Thursday though I did not watch radar every day for Adams and Cumberland.

This is easily the driest start to season for me since I took over 11 years ago.   

Yea, we are way behind right now so mid and late summer will need to be wet.  I do realize most of the LSV saw quite a bit of rain last week so I am getting too whiny about it.  LOL.   We were in a drought last year but later in the season.  The temp and general weather has been beautiful as suggested just tired of having to water every night to save the stuff we planted.  

If the GFS is right we should start to square away a bit as we start into Mid Summer over the next few weeks so that is a possibility though I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder after the GFS showed us getting 10+" and we got 1/4".

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

i'm still mowing twice a week.

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Here’s one of my ponds 

6262A196-F39F-4DE4-A99B-183AFA2C342B.jpeg

Ouch, that is ugly.  Hopefully it did not have fish.  NWS AFD points out the drought conditions this AM and suggests late week is not going to help but I am trying to be positive and hope for some downpours.  Its still early and we can get out of this with just a decent rain.  If we miss out and it persists into July we will be looking at severe crop damage.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ouch, that is ugly.  Hopefully it did not have fish.  NWS AFD points out the drought conditions this AM and suggests late week is not going to help but I am trying to be positive and hope for some downpours.  Its still early and we can get out of this with just a decent rain.  If we miss out and it persists into July we will be looking at severe crop damage.  

It’s usually full of herrings getting a snack.  I did see the disco this morn.  Pretty accurate 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, we are way behind right now so mid and late summer will need to be wet.  I do realize most of the LSV saw quite a bit of rain last week so I am getting too whiny about it.  LOL.   We were in a drought last year but later in the season.  The temp and general weather has been beautiful as suggested just tired of having to water every night to save the stuff we planted.  

If the GFS is right we should start to square away a bit as we start into Mid Summer over the next few weeks so that is a possibility though I do have a bit of a chip on my shoulder after the GFS showed us getting 10+" and we got 1/4".

The GFS is a southern-based model. Didn't you realize that? It was consistently showing a few inches of rain last week for down here and we're going to at least double that. :)

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, canderson said:

lol

Well honestly if you don't have weeds by mid June too badly the only way they'll get here is if you have a wet, not-too-hot summer. So it's kinda win-win .... 

II have a feeling July and August will be hot and dry, fwiw)

I agree with you that over here in the Western LSV the weeds have not been too bad whether due to it being dry or otherwise.  This great weather has actually made the beginning of the drought worse here as the Sun is near its peak now regardless of the temps so the combo of dry air and max sun is drying out the soil at a faster rate than what I think is normal for early summer.  I have had to do little weeding which is a plus! 

4 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Franklin & Adams really must have missed out on the rain that most of us had over the last couple of months.

Its been the last 3 weeks mostly.  It has practically not rained in the majority of those counties for close to a month now.  Just a couple very light events. And with the very dry weather recently it has sapped the moisture out of everything. 

5 hours ago, canderson said:

Might get some decent showers Friday. 

Mike is probably coming home and bringing it with him :D

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Absolutely perfect day here on Hatteras. Water remains everywhere after 9.11" at the station closest to me. Nearly 6" fell yesterday. 

Today is sunny, breezy and gorgeous.

Great. i hope your remaining days on vacation are spectacular