• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It played for me. That was fascinating to see, thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Wow...that WAS cool to watch!

No problem! Admittedly my heart was racing like crazy. For a few minutes I thought the life long bucket list dream of witnessing a tornado touch down might materialize.  Also equally worried about my new shingles lol.  The best rotation on radar was further north east of Halifax, I'm not sure if anything touched down up that way.   

8 hours ago, Jonesy56 said:

No problem! Admittedly my heart was racing like crazy. For a few minutes I thought the life long bucket list dream of witnessing a tornado touch down might materialize.  Also equally worried about my new shingles lol.  The best rotation on radar was further north east of Halifax, I'm not sure if anything touched down up that way.   

That Halifax storm yesterday had me intrigued as I was following the radar returns. It looked pretty intense with lots of lightning strikes. I even posted about it earlier.

Flash Flood watch issued

From 2 PM EDT this afternoon through this evening

* Heavy showers and thunderstorms training over the same locations
  this afternoon and evening could bring up to a few inches of
  rain in less than one hour, leading to localized flash flooding
  of small streams and poor drainage areas.

Just what I need more water for in my basement lol

8 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Flash Flood watch issued

From 2 PM EDT this afternoon through this evening

* Heavy showers and thunderstorms training over the same locations
  this afternoon and evening could bring up to a few inches of
  rain in less than one hour, leading to localized flash flooding
  of small streams and poor drainage areas.

Just what I need more water for in my basement lol

Which areas? 

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Which areas? 

Franklin-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-
Lancaster-
Including the cities of Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg,
Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,
and Lancaster
1038 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THIS EVENING...

The National Weather Service in State College has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of central Pennsylvania,
  including the following areas, Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin,
  Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, Schuylkill, and York.

Guess it would have helped to post the whole thing whoops

58 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Franklin-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-
Lancaster-
Including the cities of Chambersburg, Newport, Harrisburg,
Hershey, Pottsville, Lebanon, Carlisle, Gettysburg, York,
and Lancaster
1038 AM EDT Fri Jun 5 2020

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THIS EVENING...

The National Weather Service in State College has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of central Pennsylvania,
  including the following areas, Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin,
  Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, Schuylkill, and York.

Guess it would have helped to post the whole thing whoops

Sprinkles here now, quite a few light showers scattered around the LSV...I wonder if this will suppress heavier stuff later?

58 minutes ago, Voyager said:

We've been overcast all day here. Not sure we destabilize enough for big storms and heavy rain.

I doubt we'll get any big thunderstorms like yesterday but I can def see some slow, heavy rain type storms. Its just dripping outside

4 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Anybody heading out to the outdoor restaurants this weekend?

I just got back from Florida and except the the airport, which was an eerie ghost town, life is back to normal down there.  I ate inside a restaurant 4 times in 3 days.  Some had some seats closed off but some did not and were at 100 percent capacity with no masks on patrons and servers wearing masks haphazardly such as under their chin.  Probably a preview of what is coming here over the next few weeks.  Ironically cases are at their highest in Florida since mid April.  Probably some extra testing there but also the virus is spreading rapidly again down there.   Between this and Brazil's troubles I think the hope that heat stops the virus is fading fast. 

The airports (BWI and MCO) were like a nightmare.  There were times when I was the only person within 1000 feet distance.  My one flight was only about 20% full. 

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Nope, I don't trust people at all to stay away and not cough on me. 

I'll continue to get takeout (well, curbside) and eat in my home. 

37 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

absolutely....

1 each day....maybe 2. I've gotta do my part to help my community....even if its thru my belly.....:lol:

We have had take out meals from local restaurants in Mount Joy/Marietta/Bainbridge every single Friday since the 2nd week of March. We'll continue that tonight and next week before leaving on vacation. Once we get home I'll reassess and see where things stand. I've been spending a lot more money on food than what I budgeted for but hey...a lot of people are a whole lot worse off than me right now and I want to do what I can to support their business.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We have had take out meals from local restaurants in Mount Joy/Marietta/Bainbridge every single Friday since the 2nd week of March. We'll continue that tonight and next week before leaving on vacation. Once we get home I'll reassess and see where things stand. I've been spending a lot more money on food than what I budgeted for but hey...a lot of people are a whole lot worse off than me right now and I want to do what I can to support their business.

We've been doing the same.  Takeout 2x/week, but our local places know us personally, and I know how tough this has been on them.  Were not rich by any means, but were gonna do our part to support them.  My birthday was tuesday, so this weekend is a late happybdaytome.  lol

If my work doesnt start picking up soon.....I'm going to be eating my grass outback and harvesting rabbits n squirrels for supper...heck maybe the groundhog too.  Will see how long n ugly business stays.  Hoping for better times soon gang.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure is...welcome back by the way. Thought of you the other day when Rouzerville was getting 'rouzzed on pretty good. 

Thanks.  My wife did not mention it and I missed it.  I feel like it is muggier here than it was in Florida.  It was hot down there but when I got off the plane at BWI it felt like a sauna. 

I just really can't do take-out anymore. I need to sit down and have a hot freshly cooked meal at my table, not luke warm and drying out from the 15-30 minute drive home. Carbon County is going green next week, and since my wife works over there, I told her to make reservations somewhere, anywhere, NOW, so we don't get shut out next week by the rush to return to normal.

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I just really can't do take-out anymore. I need to sit down and have a hot freshly cooked meal at my table, not luke warm and drying out from the 15-30 minute drive home. Carbon County is going green next week, and since my wife works over there, I told her to make reservations somewhere, anywhere, NOW, so we don't get shut out next week by the rush to return to normal.

You reminded me on one thing that was not normal with meals in Florida.  Ate at two chain restaurants and two local.  Both the chains were serving a reduced offering shown on a throw away menu.  I would say the menus were about 50-60% of what they would usually have.