• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2020

2 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Am curious what you guys think about this site. Personally, it kind of blows my mind in terms of usability, overall design, and wealth of available info. Some really smart programming went into this to make it load quickly and have a pretty much seamless interaction. All while being highly customizable to your personal preferences.  And they're always improving and coming out with new features. Pretty impressive, imo.

Windy.com

I like it. It's in my folder of weather models and use it pretty regularly.

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

I like it. It's in my folder of weather models and use it pretty regularly.

Cool. I never see anyone mention it here. And hadn't heard of it myself until my son (who isn't into weather) sent me a link showing the air pollution in China decrease for Covid. That led me to the site and have used it a lot since.

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

Strong late May sun.

If forecasts think there will be more clouds, and then the sun pops out, temps will sky rocket over forecast highs.

Yep...

77/72 split at 9AM. Will be interesting to see how much sun we can squeeze out before the arrival of the front. It's pretty gross out this morning. 

4 hours ago, kerplunk said:

Am curious what you guys think about this site. Personally, it kind of blows my mind in terms of usability, overall design, and wealth of available info. Some really smart programming went into this to make it load quickly and have a pretty much seamless interaction. All while being highly customizable to your personal preferences.  And they're always improving and coming out with new features. Pretty impressive, imo.

Windy.com

It’s fun to look at, especially with tropical systems. :)

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Thoughts on storms firing later this afternoon?

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

guess not lol, nobody is here B)

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wanted to respond but I'm always wrong anyway. Hate when you don't feel heard though...

I was snoozing. Being laid off sucks. I'm turning into my lazy cats...lol

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR has a somewhat less than impressive line start small in the Western LSV then expand a bit north as it moves further east.  There are some storms in Eastern Cumberland now. 

Yeah, nothing looks impressive yet, but I've seen it like this, and an hour later...boom!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Had good rain (.72"), decent wind, but not a lot of thunder. Looks like a second line is trying to form in behind the first one...

Wow. Virtually the same thing here. .68" of rain, some wind, and one very close, loud lightning strike. Everything else was distant. 

Watching western PA myself to see what happens. 

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow. Virtually the same thing here. .68" of rain, some wind, and one very close, loud lightning strike. Everything else was distant. 

Watching western PA myself to see what happens. 

Think that line out west will make it?

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we get wet again but I agree with Crossbow that it will likely weaken. 

At my location it's tumbled 12 degrees in the past hour so I doubt we have much if any instability left for this second wave. Granted I live very close to the eastern border between NY and PA.