• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

16 minutes ago, Newman said:

The core of the ridge is centered to our north, likely why the NE region is seeing warmer temps. So even though we are in a southerly flow, the source region and placement of the ridge is not ideal for 90s+. Not to mention we have a cutoff low around the southern plains. Ideally I'd imagine we'd want warm anomalies to advect from that region into ours. Instead, we have cooler temps (compared to normal) in that region.

gfs_z500a_us_14.png

gfs_T2ma_us_14.png

Yep, I just commented earlier that these strange forecasted temps are not all based on the Atlantic influence.  Today it is but not into next week or even the following week.  GFS drives that tropical presence right up just west of Chesapeake and then over us.  Just rain of course. Never really develops much. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well the GFS completely flopped and made that first week of June much warmer while focusing the fairly extreme cold deviations on next week.  Still some below normal days in June though. 

I would be very happy to keep away the 80’s and 90’s as long as possible!

The humidity yesterday was a reminder of how much I strongly dislike summer weather. 

Also, the bugs are absolutely terrible!

The weather today felt like an early Fall day...how long is it until Autumn begins?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I would be very happy to keep away the 80’s and 90’s as long as possible!

The humidity yesterday was a reminder of how much I strongly dislike summer weather. 

Also, the bugs are absolutely terrible!

The weather today felt like an early Fall day...how long is it until Autumn begins?

This is literally my same mindset.  

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS would want to keep Much of the LSV in the 60's today.  NWS pointing mid to upper 70's.

7 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’d bet on the lower temps.   Seen this a million times.   Clouds hold out.    At least my side of the ridge 

76.2 here so far...hardly a cloud in the sky.

36 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Sun just poked out here.  Up to 70

Made it to 77 here, just slipped a notch to 76. 

Somewhat interestingly, it's been nearly 100% clear here for most of the afternoon. As soon as the clouds disappeared the breeze went right along with it. Very warm in the sun this afternoon. CTP got today right for here at least.