• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I didn’t realize that band must have clipped me.   I need to tighten my obs up or NWS might be shutting my site down

FF4C0065-4CD6-490C-998B-113F95861F0C.jpeg

I'm having a hard time believing that much snow fell by you.  The temperature barely dropped to freezing overnight.  This is a conspiracy between you and @paweather.

I don’t care what crankyweather says, this air mass is anomalously cold.

If this was January we would be challenging all time record lows.

It’s amazing we saw snow last night. Hoping for some instability snow showers this afternoon.

I love weather extremes.

• Like 1

The overcast is nearly total now and getting lower and thicker.  I can still see Blue Mountain from here (about 10 miles north) so I don't think any snow showers are near just yet.  Temp slowly falling again, back at 40 with a stiff NW breeze.  Easily a day we'd see in March.

20 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just looked outside and see flurries flying by!  Amazing that it's happening precisely on the 43rd anniversary of the last time it did this...May 9th, 1977.  Incredible.  Putting down a trace for the date!!

Looks like some bands of snow showers should be just about at @Blizzard of 93 house any minute...

21 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Just looked outside and see flurries flying by!  Amazing that it's happening precisely on the 43rd anniversary of the last time it did this...May 9th, 1977.  Incredible.  Putting down a trace for the date!!

Congrats! 

I was 4 days old back on this date in 1977!

These heavier squalls moving through the central counties right now are probably going to make it to Harrisburg and deeper into the LSV the next couple hours with the best daytime heating likely maintaining them. Look for them to have grapuel and snow pellets in them as well with the sun heating surface temps into the 40s. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

These heavier squalls moving through the central counties right now are probably going to make it to Harrisburg and deeper into the LSV the next couple hours with the best daytime heating likely maintaining them. Look for them to have grapuel and snow pellets in them as well with the sun heating surface temps into the 40s. 

Awesome ! Bring it!

35 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It’s May 9, in case anyone forgot. 

Blue Mountain...the downsloping snow eater!!!

While the radar looked great and the clouds off to my northwest looked great, I ended up with a whopping 2 minutes of a moderate snow shower.  No squall!  Nevertheless, snow in the mid afternoon on May 9th as others have already said....unreal.  Still looks like a few more chances coming down from the northwest, so we'll see.  Sun just popping back out as I write this.  Temp dropped to 40.6 with the snow showers.  I think MDT will break it's mini-max temp of 48 by the end of the afternoon, from 1947.  So coldest May 9th in 73 years here today looking probable.