• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

10 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Even though you don't want it, congrats Voyager!!

Temp now down to 38.3 with winds 10 to 15, gust to 20+ and wind chills below freezing.  Just a typical May evening....lol.

Back edge of precip now here and after stepping outside there is nothing more than a few rain drops flying.  Can't spot any snow/frozen.  Sigh!

The weather geek in me says, "cool, I've never seen May snow before", but the warm weather lover in me is saying, " WTF?" 

32 minutes ago, paweather said:

I guess I failed :-( for our region. I held out hope, can a squall come tomorrow? 

Don't give up hope quite yet.  At 11:45pm there's a pretty good line of snow showers headed rapidly southeast towards Harrisburg that may hit you if it doesn't fall apart.  Looks pretty solid right now on radar.  The western fringe of it looks like it will just clip me or miss to my east by a few miles.

So, heads up @paweather and @Blizzard of 93  your snow may arrive between 12:00 and 12:30am.

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

A daylight snow shower here early this am. He posted two videos x likely this was confined around the riverfront area. 

Yeah.  After I wrote that I thought about it and the snow really couldn't have accumulated and stayed there afterwards unless the temp was close to freezing, which would not have been the case at midnight as temps were only in the upper 30's then.

Btw, out by Pittsburgh my sister-in-law just texted and said they have fluffy, white snowflakes falling there right now.  They also picked up a tiny accumulation last night as the cold air was rushing in.  This whole experience is about as surreal as the virus lockdown.