• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

29 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Annd we have flipped to snow here... that quick. It's light though, the downsloping just off the Laurels is evident on the radar. 

Congrats, what do you think of the chances this evening for the LSV?

The 18z 3k NAM still likes the idea of a changeover to snow for most of us by later tonight.

9950A67D-3385-42F4-B98F-68B9DEB24046.png

3A36C13F-A2DA-4E47-BD11-591051BB769F.png

8B8A36B0-19F3-4D19-9B4B-C4C102C2EA4C.png

1 minute ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Great image there.  Is this the gr2 analysts radar ?

Nope this is just the Radarscope app. It's a one time $9.99 app but it's def worth it. It has all the dual pol products, different tilts, shows mPing obs, watch/warning products, etc.

It also has additional subscription tiers now that you can get lightning data, archived and longer radar loops, spc outlooks, and local storm reports on as well. I just have the base one and use it on my phone and laptop. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 18z 3k NAM still likes the idea of a changeover to snow for most of us by later tonight.

Might see some flakes in parts of the LSV but I think the NW flow drawing the cold into PA and undercutting the back side of the precip shield is going to limit seeing too much east of the mountains because of the downsloping component. Although the surface low getting going on the coast may help a bit keeping some precip around.

22 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Nope this is just the Radarscope app. It's a one time $9.99 app but it's def worth it. It has all the dual pol products, different tilts, shows mPing obs, watch/warning products, etc.

It also has additional subscription tiers now that you can get lightning data, archived and longer radar loops, spc outlooks, and local storm reports on as well. I just have the base one and use it on my phone and laptop. 

I absolutely advocate radarscope. Great product for us freaks.

23 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

9950A67D-3385-42F4-B98F-68B9DEB24046.png

3A36C13F-A2DA-4E47-BD11-591051BB769F.png

8B8A36B0-19F3-4D19-9B4B-C4C102C2EA4C.png

That needs to be tossed. I'm at 2000' struggling to changeover(shows 3" here) and it shows an inch in NYC. That algorithm is shot. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I truly feel bad for the folks out your way that used the Pandemic time to get a head start on their garden and yard stuff.  Its not fair really. Even here we may lose a lot of stuff we have worked on but mid 20's is going to hammer stuff out there.

Back in one of the prior cold snaps (can't remember which one there's been so many:wacko2:) we got down to 25 in my backyard, and much to my surprise, our bleeding heart survived. I'm hoping that luck prevails again.

25 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Yep I have RadarScope.  My image wasn’t as defined as yours so I went into settings and turned on the expert mode and bingo there it was.   Makes sense being you’re a met and everything using expert mode 

6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Without a doubt the most epic changeover I've ever seen in my life, on May 8th! While walking the dog in the rain a wall of snow with a gusty of wind blasted us and must've been a flash freeze. Everything except road instantly covered. Not particularly heavy but awesome nonetheless. 

Congrats, maybe the 18z NAM will be right for you ?

I'm losing hope for seeing any flakes tonight.  Winds just picked up and temp is beginning to fall as the last good slug of precip is bearing down.  Temp 43.3.  Looking at the radar it looks like precip is going to end before it's cold enough for the change.  But it will be close.  Will keep an eye out as I see the back edge of precip approaching.   I'll hold out some hope that there'll be a good snow shower from instability during the late morning tomorrow.  This setup I think is fairly similar to 1977 with upstate NY into New England getting a pretty good snow.

Edit>>Temp dropping pretty quickly now 42.8, down 3 degrees in the past 10 minutes.

31 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Anyway, how are we looking with the advance of the snow line to the south & east ?

I'd say judging by the radar your currently at your best opportunity to see a mix or changeover with the remaining synoptic precip. 

6 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Its cruel isn't it. I dropped from 39 to 32 almosy literally instantly with the changeover though but I'm way north and at 2000'

Speaking of cruel, the deck and the car tops are already froze over here. That's going to be a long time we're below freezing here (probably 10-12hrs). 

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Rain and snow mixed in Tamaqua.

Even though you don't want it, congrats Voyager!!

Temp now down to 38.3 with winds 10 to 15, gust to 20+ and wind chills below freezing.  Just a typical May evening....lol.

Back edge of precip now here and after stepping outside there is nothing more than a few rain drops flying.  Can't spot any snow/frozen.  Sigh!