Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

4 minutes ago, paweather said:

Good Ole Willie Stargell. 

My father had to restrain his 14 year old son from destroying the family television when Pops went deep in game #7. 

I was at game #1 that year - delayed a day due to snow in Baltimore on October 9th. The next night it was 41 degrees at game time, which was the coldest World Series game ever played until it was broken in 1997 or 1998 I believe. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

As a die hard O's fan since 1976, please stop!

I hear "We Are Family" in my freakin' nightmares...

We were in Pittsburgh ALOT during the late 70s for ball games. My dad and i Pirates fans, my Bro a Phils fan and my mom loved Pete Rose and the Reds. We would go for a series with each so we would all see our teams. At the time the away teams stayed in The Hilton right across the bridge, we always stayed there. My brother and i rode the elevators getting autographs. Great times

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My father had to restrain his 14 year old son from destroying the family television when Pops went deep in game #7. 

I was at game #1 that year - delayed a day due to snow in Baltimore on October 9th. The next night it was 41 degrees at game time, which was the coldest World Series game ever played until it was broken in 1997 or 1998 I believe. 

WOW. Awesome memories for sure meaning the snow and cold. Sorry your O's loss. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

We were in Pittsburgh ALOT during the late 70s for ball games. My dad and i Pirates fans, my Bro a Phils fan and my mom loved Pete Rose and the Reds. We would go for a series with each so we would all see our teams. At the time the away teams stayed in The Hilton right across the bridge, we always stayed there. My brother and i rode the elevators getting autographs. Great times

Cool stuff Jon! I honestly love the city...my son and I spend an entire weekend at the Sheraton Station Square every fall for our annual Steelers weekend. We've been doing it for years and it's super cool that he still looks forward to it even though he's an adult now. 

We'll see if our streak is broken this fall. :( 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

WOW. Awesome memories for sure meaning the snow and cold. Sorry your O's loss. 

Best snow/baseball memory is Opening Day 2003 at Camden Yards. Wild, crazy squall hit during the game. At times it was nearly impossible to see the other side of the ballpark. There are many videos on You Tube including a 2 run triple for the Indians that the Orioles lost in the snow. AFTER that, then the umpires called a delay. First and only snow delay I've ever experienced in-game. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cool stuff Jon! I honestly love the city...my son and I spend an entire weekend at the Sheraton Station Square every fall for our annual Steelers weekend. We've been doing it for years and it's super cool that he still looks forward to it even though he's an adult now. 

Hoping not. My daughter and i were just talking about games since the schedule came out. Ravens on T-giving night :o

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We stayed at that same hotel for a Phillies Pirates game. Took the boat across the river to the stadium.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Best snow/baseball memory is Opening Day 2003 at Camden Yards. Wild, crazy squall hit during the game. At times it was nearly impossible to see the other side of the ballpark. There are many videos on You Tube including a 2 run triple for the Indians that the Orioles lost in the snow. AFTER that, then the umpires called a delay. First and only snow delay I've ever experienced in-game. 

I'll You Tube it. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I bet.  I could not see where that ball landed on the video just where it ended up bouncing to. 

I was sitting behind 3rd base. Never saw it leave the bat or land. 

Delay was only a few minutes, the snow was already lessening in intensity by the time they called it. They played Winter Wonderland during the delay. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1