• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks guys. That's what I wanted, I mean needed to hear. :) 

I travel between MD and PA 5-6 times a week.  If it were not wet out I could probably get my laptop wifi connection to stay at one bar when I went from my PA office and walked over the MD line in a minute or two.  So travel at will. No border guards.  :-)  But if you fly then you might be at risk for a lawsuit if you bring back something and do not self isolate. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

So June 4th is now our next day to look forward to....those in the red. 

It’s kind of misleading they announced that when they’re set to announce the next batch of counties today that will be going to yellow. And the way the news sources titled it, it’s really misleading.

I guess I didn’t realize the previous state-wide stay at home was to expire today. They’re basically extending that out for the red counties but they will still be evaluating counties that can move to yellow. There’s not really any change from how they’re running their phased reopening plan, which looks to be evaluating counties on a weekly basis.

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

It’s kind of misleading they announced that when they’re set to announce the next batch of counties today that will be going to yellow. And the way the news sources titled it, it’s really misleading.

I guess I didn’t realize the previous state-wide stay at home was to expire today. They’re basically extending that out for the red counties but they will still be evaluating counties that can move to yellow. There’s not really any change from how they’re running their phased reopening plan, which looks to be evaluating counties on a weekly basis.

Its a bit misleading but I am thinking those that do not come out next Friday (anyone he announces today) are probably going to run through to June 4th.  He could have picked May 28th like a lot of other Governors did but since he specifically said the 4th we can assume the harder hit counties are in for that long. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I travel between MD and PA 5-6 times a week.  If it were not wet out I could probably get my laptop wifi connection to stay at one bar when I went from my PA office and walked over the MD line in a minute or two.  So travel at will. No border guards.  :-)  But if you fly then you might be at risk for a lawsuit if you bring back something and do not self isolate. 

you really believe the bolded part holds water??  While nothing surprises me anymore, I just cant see that.  This isnt AIDS.  

4 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

We’re having a bad outbreak at nursing homes up here and several employees now possibly have spread it...up 20 cases in 2 days. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us go back red from that unless Sullivan and Tioga drag it down.

65% of ALL cases in PA have been in aged living communities.  Thats the frustration for many i know.  Isolate and protect them, and the rest of us should be able to go about our business.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

you really believe the bolded part holds water??  While nothing surprises me anymore, I just cant see that.  This isnt AIDS.  

There are already law suits surrounding it.  Actually we are dealing with one at my work in some manner.  Whether it would hold water in a personal situation I am not sure but for employers and employees its a fairly large scale legal situation right now.  I will have to find the article but in one case a wife of a husband is suing his former employer for making him go to work which in turn led to her getting the virus.

and to put the math to my/our frustration.  Just the facts man.....just the facts.....they dont lie. 

5/8/20 update

PA population - 12,800,000

total cases - 56552   (.004% of total)     aged living cases - 36758  (.0028%)                  others - 19793 (.00154%)

deaths - 3670 (.000286%)                         aged living deaths - 2385 (.000186%)                others - 1284 (.0000100%)

(using the 65% criteria for aged living) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are already law suits surrounding it.  Actually we are dealing with one at my work in some manner.  Whether it would hold water in a personal situation I am not sure but for employers and employees its a fairly large scale legal situation right now.  I will have to find the article but in one case a wife of a husband is suing his former employer for making him go to work which in turn led to her getting the virus.

Im sorry, but thats setting a wrong precedent IMO.....unless one can share valid health reasoning as to why they cant work.  IF we open this up, its just the start to many things being questioned as to why some dont want to work.  I do realize there are 2 sides to this argument, but its a dangerous precedent to set IMO  

Just now, pasnownut said:

Im sorry, but thats setting a wrong precidend IMO.....unless one can share valid health reasoning as to why they cant work.  IF we open this up, its just the start to many things being questioned as to why some dont want to work.  I do realize there are 2 sides to this arguement, but its a dangerous precedent to set IMO  

Yea, its a tough situation and frankly if you take his situation of going to the beach I doubt anything happens unless someone died or at least was in the hospital.  When someone dies all bets are off even down to the Life Insurance company coming after someone.  So it depends on the order we are under.  I actually had not researched it that much but if it clearly says it is ones responsibility to self isolate for 14 days after leaving the state then a case may have merit.  Even what I do in going to MD to grocery shop could be taken as an offense if I then go into a PA store and infect someone especially if they end up in the hospital.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, its a tough situation and frankly if you take his situation of going to the beach I doubt anything happens unless someone died or at least was in the hospital.  When someone dies all bets are off even down to the Life Insurance company coming after someone.  So it depends on the order we are under.  I actually had not researched it that much but if it clearly says it is ones responsibility to self isolate for 14 days after leaving the state then a case may have merit.  Even what I do in going to MD to grocery shop could be taken as an offense if I then go into a PA store and infect someone especially if they end up in the hospital.  

But the order we are on, it doesn't follow our constitution and bill of rights so I am not sure what to say about law suits, I wish I was a lawyer because quite honestly there will be so many law suits within state governments, already happening today, and more and more. Lawyers will end up making more then Professional Athletes because of this Virus. :D  You have counties DA right now saying they will not prosecute any business from opening up. This is a complete mess and unfortunately (not to play politics here) but Wolf created it. 

Now back to the weather it is the only weather we got, roads starting to cave now. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is crazy.  Eventually everything will have to open.  So when it does will you still be held responsible even then?  So if I get covid in Maryland come back to pa and infect someone I may be in trouble, but if I’m from pa and infect someone from pa I’m fine.  Is the covid in Maryland a different strain?

Mag breaks free....and I get my Fulton though Fulton county is not exactly know for its shopping.

Allegheny, Armstrong, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Fulton, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland,

Pittsburgh is opening up while Cashtown stays in the red.    Got it :facepalm:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, daxx said:

This is crazy.  Eventually everything will have to open.  So when it does will you still be held responsible even then?  So if I get covid in Maryland come back to pa and infect someone I may be in trouble, but if I’m from pa and infect someone from pa I’m fine.  Is the covid in Maryland a different strain?

Its the litigious society we live in.  In theory the restrictions in MD could be different than PA.  Same theory of Florida inspecting all vehicles entering from NY, NJ or CT and telling them they are on a 14 days self isolate.  Whether we believe in a law or not it can still be used to bring a case.  There are hundreds of cases right now pending from people who were made to go to work and died.  In the case of my place we had a guy who tested positive and did not tell anyone and continued to come to work and infected a customer.  The customer has sued both us and him personally.

I have enjoyed seeing some of these games from the last few decades.  Brings back good memories if the teams are favorites.   I am surprised the Weather Channel is not replaying snips from big storms in the past...especially Hurricanes. 

Exactly I watched the 2008 WS the other night. My Cowboys even won the Super Bowl too! OH......that was in 1990's :-( but it is fun to watch these games.