• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

Just now, paweather said:

Your good, I’m just looking for snow to fall it won’t accumulate here but heck if it snows in May what that mean for June? April showers bring May flowers so what does June mean!? LOL

I'm heading for the Outer Banks during the middle of June. This will be the only week of the year that I'd appreciate some temperatures that approach hot levels. 

After I return it's past the solstice and the countdown to winter begins. :) 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm heading for the Outer Banks during the middle of June. This will be the only week of the year that I'd appreciate some temperatures that approach hot levels. 

:axe:

Honestly, I wish to God that my wife was open to a move to Arizona.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Love it. Next winter cannot get any worse than this one, or can it?

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

@MAG5035 

What are your thoughts for any chance for CTP snow tomorrow night & Saturday?

The synoptic event def doesn't look as good as it did. The system's timing overall is a bit faster by about 3-6 hours and the low seems a tad north and a bit later with getting going. Pretty much the snowy NAM is looking more like what the Euro has been looking like as the Euro has been the least enthused with wintry precip in PA. Also haven't seen an overly strong signal on ensembles other than maybe the SREF. So I think the changeover to snow is looking like it's going to stay confined to higher ground. It's still going to be crazy cold first thing Saturday morning and still a chance of some pop up frozen showers in the afternoon. 

6 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

The synoptic event def doesn't look as good as it did. The system's timing overall is a bit faster by about 3-6 hours and the low seems a tad north and a bit later with getting going. Pretty much the snowy NAM is looking more like what the Euro has been looking like as the Euro has been the least enthused with wintry precip in PA. Also haven't seen an overly strong signal on ensembles other than maybe the SREF. So I think the changeover to snow is looking like it's going to stay confined to higher ground. It's still going to be crazy cold first thing Saturday morning and still a chance of some pop up frozen showers in the afternoon. 

Seems even being 3 weeks from summer is not enough to shake our old winter pattern as it pertains to models over stating snow a few days out. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Itstrainingtime hasn't been nor will he be expecting snow other than possibly a snow shower tomorrow. Nor should anyone else in LSV have been. 

Understood just reading the blob of snow over you on the Nam.  Fun to talk about. At least there is no sun angle causing an issue! 

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’m not in bullseye.  I’m out 

one last sucker punch before we put the snow goggles away for the summer.  

At least we knew that being May and all....this one had long odds to overcome.  Like Mag suggested the other day....still some anomalously cold air for this time of year.

still think laurels to sullivan/susquehanna co. get one last frosting for the season.  

23 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yep. I've got an oceanfront rental home in Hatteras paid in full - can I claim that as essential travel?

if you own it and pay taxes on it.....absolutely. 

If you are just renting and need a break for mental wellness.....absolutely.

Good answer????:P

26 minutes ago, paweather said:

Absolutely, think of it the same way people are still flying on airplanes. Your good. 

4 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

if you own it and pay taxes on it.....absolutely. 

If you are just renting and need a break for mental wellness.....absolutely.

Good answer????:P

Thanks guys. That's what I wanted, I mean needed to hear. :) 

• Haha 1