• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The US Supreme Court has asked Wolf to defend his thought processes though I am not sure they do anything regardless.  State Supreme court sided with Wolf. 

25 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like they ended up strictly using those health regions to determine that, despite a lot of push for not strictly using the regions as a whole and allowing individual counties that meet the criteria to open up. The south-central region in particular really displays the flaw in this. It really screws this area where my home county (Blair) as well as Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton have been nowhere near that 50 cases per 100000 in two weeks threshold and don't even have 100 total cases between the 4 counties (88)  and we get lumped in with York, Dauphin and Lebanon that have over 1800 cases between those counties. And Centre just to the north which is directly connected to Bedford and Blair via I-99 has 90 cases in that county and they are lumped with the north-central region so they'll be able to start reopening.

I def don't agree with that health region approach. They issued the stay-at-home orders on a county by county approach when this started so why not now trying to ease restrictions.

Another thing that makes zero sense...like people from dauphin or Columbia won’t just travel to areas stuff is open especially with cheap gas prices. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The above map was for rainfall from 9am yesterday through 9am this morning. For those west of the Suskie everything you had before 9am isn't included. That's why you're seeing the heavier amounts further east.

It shows where the heavier area of precip was, but does not show correct observations they sent out in there statement. 

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

It shows where the heavier area of precip was, but does not show correct observations they sent out in there statement. 

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s still way off even with that time frame.   

I was stunned when I saw the tweet on CTP's home page this morning - and then I was even more stunned as to why they posted a map that began well into the event. 

I got nothing as to why, even with that said, the data is inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

It’s still way off even with that time frame.   

One thing I noticed while the rainstorm was unfolding yesterday was the doppler estimates definitely seemed to be low-balling what the ground observations were, which might have been a result of the raindrops themselves. The high PWAT's and deep southerly flow likely yielded efficient rainfall, but small droplets with the absence of much of a convective element that would have had the downpours with the large droplets. I only had around an inch or so back this way, but the majority of the event was the fine raindrops. If that was how the heavier rain was over in the Sus Valley, sometimes the doppler can low ball that. Especially over there where the radar beam is higher up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

One thing I noticed while the rainstorm was unfolding yesterday was the doppler estimates definitely seemed to be low-balling what the ground observations were, which might have been a result of the raindrops themselves. The high PWAT's and deep southerly flow likely yielded efficient rainfall, but small droplets with the absence of much of a convective element that would have had the downpours with the large droplets. I only had around an inch or so back this way, but the majority of the event was the fine raindrops. If that was how the heavier rain was over in the Sus Valley, sometimes the doppler can low ball that. Especially over there where the radar beam is higher up. 

I did see this from ctp disco yesterday:

Observed PW (1.36) is also easily in the 90th percentile for this time of year and not far from the maximum. What this means is the rainfall in our eastern zones is highly efficient, with radar under-estimates noted. KCCX radar was underestimating rainfall amounts significantly earlier today, and a switch to Summertime Convective and then Tropical Z-R was done to try to more accurately depict upcoming, and storm total rainfall across our eastern zones.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I did see this from ctp disco yesterday:

Observed PW (1.36) is also easily in the 90th percentile for this time of year and not far from the maximum. What this means is the rainfall in our eastern zones is highly efficient, with radar under-estimates noted. KCCX radar was underestimating rainfall amounts significantly earlier today, and a switch to Summertime Convective and then Tropical Z-R was done to try to more accurately depict upcoming, and storm total rainfall across our eastern zones.

Yea that's what I would have figured, I didn't know they could switch to a different mode for that. 

12 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

What type of job?  Long Term?  I only ask because you have been mentioning how you were searching. 

Back to trucking. Don't know when or if the bus business will ever be the same. Plus, while there's a risk anywhere, I don't know if I want to be driving 40+ people around in such a small environment.

• Like 1

Just now, Voyager said:

Back to trucking. Don't know when or if the bus business will ever be the same. Plus, while there's a risk anywhere, I don't know if I want to be driving 40+ people around in such a small environment.

Hopefully one without a driver-facing camera. I can’t fathom those are legal.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

There is a FB group called Pennsylvanians against Excessive Quarantine if some here want to let it out.  I just looked at it and its like the MA Thread after a 2 foot WSW turned into sunny skies.  

Be careful with those groups. Alot of them are astroturfed political agenda stuff

2 hours ago, daxx said:

Where is Blizz with the snow maps? This is truly disappointing!

Sorry to disappoint... Lol ! 

I didn’t mean to drop the ball !

Good news for you & everyone else hoping for some outlandishly late snow! The 12z Canadian today has snow for southern PA next weekend, yes, May 9th!

Hopefully more counties open up next week so we can have a snow chase to the land of @Cashtown_Coop or @MAG5035 or @Bubbler86 !

A solid period of well below normal temps appear to be on the way for next week. It might as well make a little history & snow On us! Nothing would shock me at this point with everything going on now!

F9935A51-5674-4157-9F7B-98E83451B995.png

E42ABB65-AC51-445A-BF64-D0A2D0095E25.png

FF048577-EA4E-41D3-8C3D-97E0AEC35C09.png

F9FCB203-91A0-4C0B-83E2-CE549F4B306D.png

12 hours ago, Voyager said:

Hopefully it goes well for you.  When I see you post I had been wondering how this was going but did not want to bring up a bad subject. 

9 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Sorry to disappoint... Lol ! 

I didn’t mean to drop the ball !

Good news for you & everyone else hoping for some outlandishly late snow! The 12z Canadian today has snow for southern PA next weekend, yes, May 9th!

Hopefully more counties open up next week so we can have a snow chase to the land of @Cashtown_Coop or @MAG5035 or @Bubbler86 !

A solid period of well below normal temps appear to be on the way for next week. It might as well make a little history & snow On us! Nothing would shock me at this point with everything going on now!

F9935A51-5674-4157-9F7B-98E83451B995.png

E42ABB65-AC51-445A-BF64-D0A2D0095E25.png

FF048577-EA4E-41D3-8C3D-97E0AEC35C09.png

F9FCB203-91A0-4C0B-83E2-CE549F4B306D.png

We are open for snow chases.  LOL.  Just not restaurant dining.  Code Yellow is really not much better than code Red so if you wanted to chase snow and eat in at Applebees on the same day you may need some June snow! 

Before someone thinks that my account got hacked, yes I did see the 12z GFS today.

How does everyone feel about the chance of some CTP snow on May 11th ?!

It is crazy that the models are even showing this as a possibility in this time period. We will have well below normal temps, so maybe some of us will luck into some super late snow history ?

13F3BB8E-A22E-408D-9043-0699B8CBF65D.png

8599ADD5-D85C-4DDA-90DC-54D1111AE495.png

3A9CBC01-AF27-40F9-842D-FC5CF1A171E1.png

EAAD324C-0469-4541-970B-4C2E49EC7027.png

The 12z EPS Control was historically phenomenal for May 11th !

Hopefully the old adage of not wanting to be in the bullseye this far out will apply here. Also, we only need to root for a small north trend over the next 8 days to put the LSV & most of CTP in the bullseye.

This would be a history making weather event. In the year of unprecedented current events, why not have a warning level snow in May ? 

Let’s win the May snow lottery ! The odds are only 1 in 10 million of this verifying!

F2C8285F-ED87-4DFC-889D-B560C81A3FA2.png

4B8D9BD5-2477-4C73-B2C7-CF322C462670.png

23B84433-2FF0-4FF1-A631-FF7D5345F29B.png

93E137F1-F1EB-469C-8C44-00C882083505.png

All I'm gonna say is that this is bull shit...

It's May for Christ's sake. Lets warm it up. I'm just sick of this cold and I'm even more sick of hearing about any kind of snow chance. The trees are greening up. My garden is starting to look good. (Bleeding hearts, Tulips, etc). I don't want ANYTHING that will possibly damage them.

48 minutes ago, Voyager said:

All I'm gonna say is that this is bull shit...

It's May for Christ's sake. Lets warm it up. I'm just sick of this cold and I'm even more sick of hearing about any kind of snow chance. The trees are greening up. My garden is starting to look good. (Bleeding hearts, Tulips, etc). I don't want ANYTHING that will possibly damage them.

When Blizz said one in a million chance he meant the model verifying so I would not sweat too much...unless the sweat is from digging up weeds. 

36 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When Blizz said one in a million chance he meant the model verifying so I would not sweat too much...unless the sweat is from digging up weeds. 

I hope. I can accept winter weather in late fall/winter, but this deep into spring, no way. Just like I wouldn't want 80's or 90's in December, January, or February.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Lol ! I actually said “The odds are only 1 in 10 million of this verifying!”

But they say that you need to play to win!

• Like 1