• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2020

7 hours ago, canderson said:

I will buy you a case next late winter. It’s the best of the best.

The new Troegs Hazy Charmer fwiw is my new house beer. It’s so good.

troegenator was a good one as well.  We want to go through the plant. 

48 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Pretty good rain totals. Many areas even exceeded 3”.

Couple nice days, then back to unsettled.

Do think late May brings some warmth. Hopefully we can be beaching by that time.

Did you hear Lanco totals?

asking for a friend.....:lmao:

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2.42" here.

@pasnownut Lancaster finished at 2.06".

So  close...:) 

Per NWS site, I tallied 1.89 :scooter:

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLNS.html

just playin....really didnt matter to me as i was just spittballin anyway....

just like voyager....us lanco folk know how to do jipped pretty well also.

I'd still buy beers for the fun of it tho....

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Per NWS site, I tallied 1.89 :scooter:

https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLNS.html

just playin....really didnt matter to me as i was just spittballin anyway....

just like voyager....us lanco folk know how to do jipped pretty well also.

I'd still buy beers for the fun of it tho....

There has been a long running misunderstanding regarding Lancaster's observations and recordings. CTP uses airport terminals for a lot of it's measurements (MDT is Harrisburg's "official" station) but in Lancaster, my understanding is that the official records are kept at MU and not at the Lancaster airport. MU recorded 2.06" which is what i went with. 

There was quite a west/east gradient in our home turf yesterday with eastern locales barely eclipsing 1" while areas out west here approached 3" and a bit above. 

Edit: I fully disclose that I might not understand the official recording areas correctly at all. :) 

The list of Red to Yellow Covid  Counties is out:

The counties to be included in Wolf's announcement Friday are: Bradford, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Montour, Northumberland, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Union, Venango and Warren.

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The list of Red to Yellow Covid  Counties is out:

The counties to be included in Wolf's announcement Friday are: Bradford, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Montour, Northumberland, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Union, Venango and Warren.

That’s it.    I would have figured Perry, Fulton counties etc would have made the cut.   

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

That’s it.    I would have figured Perry, Fulton counties etc would have made the cut.   

I was thinking as such...I was hoping I would be able to go over to Fulton and do something normal again but apparently not.  I do not golf so pretty much Red only for an undetermined time.  I think this almost locks many of us into no retail/restaurants until June.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I was thinking as such...I was hoping I would be able to go over to Fulton and do something normal again but apparently not.  I do not golf so pretty much Red only for an undetermined time.  I think this almost locks many of us into no retail/restaurants until June.

And for some...longer. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Yeah I’d say.   Pushes everything back for sure. We had around 40 golfers so far today.  Tomorrow is booked solid 

32 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Yeah I’d say.   Pushes everything back for sure. We had around 40 golfers so far today.  Tomorrow is booked solid 

There was a front page article in yesterday's Lancaster newspaper specific to golf - sounded like the local courses were full for the entire weekend.

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some people might take up golf just to do something.  Is everyone required to wear a mask during the whole round? 

Only during check in.  Then each golfer is issued their own cart.  The cups are also pulled up above the green so the player will never have to touch the cup or flag.     No rakes, ball washers etc on course as well.   There are other safety measures too add but this is the basic set up

like to add, many players were wearing masks or bandanas  

B1449EEF-B5F0-41B0-AB1E-679FD04B0C8C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Looks like they ended up strictly using those health regions to determine that, despite a lot of push for not strictly using the regions as a whole and allowing individual counties that meet the criteria to open up. The south-central region in particular really displays the flaw in this. It really screws this area where my home county (Blair) as well as Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton have been nowhere near that 50 cases per 100000 in two weeks threshold and don't even have 100 total cases between the 4 counties (88)  and we get lumped in with York, Dauphin and Lebanon that have over 1800 cases between those counties. And Centre just to the north which is directly connected to Bedford and Blair via I-99 has 90 cases in that county and they are lumped with the north-central region so they'll be able to start reopening.

I def don't agree with that health region approach. They issued the stay-at-home orders on a county by county approach when this started so why not now trying to ease restrictions.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like they ended up strictly using those health regions to determine that, despite a lot of push for not strictly using the regions as a whole and allowing individual counties that meet the criteria to open up. The south-central region in particular really displays the flaw in this. It really screws this area where my home county (Blair) as well as Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton have been nowhere near that 50 cases per 100000 in two weeks threshold and don't even have 100 total cases between the 4 counties (88)  and we get lumped in with York, Dauphin and Lebanon. 

This won’t bode well for Adams down the road for the same scenario you’re describing.    We are right on the 50 cases per 100,000 bubble but stuck in between two counties with higher rates.   I think Fulton has like 5 confirmed cases.   Def is a flaw 

17 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Looks like they ended up strictly using those health regions to determine that, despite a lot of push for not strictly using the regions as a whole and allowing individual counties that meet the criteria to open up. The south-central region in particular really displays the flaw in this. It really screws this area where my home county (Blair) as well as Bedford, Huntingdon, and Fulton have been nowhere near that 50 cases per 100000 in two weeks threshold and don't even have 100 total cases between the 4 counties (88)  and we get lumped in with York, Dauphin and Lebanon that have over 1800 cases between those counties. And Centre just to the north which is directly connected to Bedford and Blair via I-99 has 90 cases in that county and they are lumped with the north-central region so they'll be able to start reopening.

I def don't agree with that health region approach. They issued the stay-at-home orders on a county by county approach when this started so why not now trying to ease restrictions.

The US Supreme Court has asked Wolf to defend his thought processes though I am not sure they do anything regardless.  State Supreme court sided with Wolf.