• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Flood warning issued from a line Gettysburg to Williamsport.   VP2 is reading 3” on the button 

wow.  

Gets boat ready..........

what kinda beer you drink :)

I owe you one.  Guessing were close or crackin the 1'' bar here.  Heavier showers embedded.

1 hour ago, paweather said:

With all due respect on this reply to you, I have been in the Healthcare consulting business for over 20 years in which I carry many Healthcare relationships not just in PA but all over the country. So, yes this is fact not fake news that hospitals even in PA are carrying low volume of patients especially on the ER side and elective surgeries where that is part of their revenue gain. This is why UPMC made the decision before Wolf did to go forward with elective surgeries starting Monday. 

And, yes hospitals are laying off and/or furloughing employees because of the loss revenue and volume. We aren't in 1918 we are in 2020. 1918 was a different decade many, many decades ago and healthcare wasn't in the same position then as now. Please don't even compare it to this. If you are afraid to go out, stay sheltered that's perfectly fine. What will happen if we stay shutdown there likely will be more addiction, suicides, and other deaths that will be higher than our death toll in PA right now. Everybody has their own opinion I will respect that but you cannot keep this economy down forever due to fear. Thanks and I do not mean any disrespect at all. And I should ask do you really believe the numbers that we are given every day which now includes "probable" cases of COVID? 

Its not being disrespectful for you to state what many feel.  

You said it perfectly....and like it or not, the statement that "the cure cannot be worse than the sickness" is a very valid one...for the very reasons you suggest.  

Hoping things turn around soon......its absolute crickets over here.  I mean......crickets.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its about over except the showers here....about 2.25" which is pretty impressive.  

yeah thats a soaker alright.  This heavy band is right over us, so we'll see how the next hour or 2 goes.  

If it holds up (as it appears to be blossoming more than I thought it would...Im gonna be buying beer....AND eatin crow.  I think I'll eat the crow first then chase it w/ da beer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Enhancement from the bay.  The pwat prob jumps up 

You (any) really think the fetch off the bay really plays in?  Serious question as i've thought that during winter storms, but pooh poohed it cause it was never suggested by anyone else.

11 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You (any) really think the fetch off the bay really plays in?  Serious question as i've thought that during winter storms, but pooh poohed it cause it was never suggested by anyone else.

I never really looked into it. There is something that enhances rainfall and thunderstorms seem to intensify as they move over York and Lancaster counties. I wish I could say the same for snow.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daxx said:

I never really looked into it. There is something that enhances rainfall and thunderstorms seem to intensify as they move over York and Lancaster counties. I wish I could say the same for snow.

I think it does.  Also aids in severe as well.   Just an observation over the years.   @Eskimo Joementioned something about this years ago as well

• Like 2

Well, at exactly 5:13pm EDT I hit 3.00" for the storm total.  Really didn't think I was going to make it, but the light rain just kept on going at about 0.06"/hr and just managed to bring me across the finish line...lol.  We don't get many 3"+ days around here during the course of the year barring a tropical system.  Looks like maybe a few more hundredths left in the atmosphere based on latest radar.  What a day, indeed.  Wonder how much MDT will end up with?