• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

Definitely a wet/unsettled regime the next few days. That Sunday/Monday system looks like it's going to be another solid rain producer. Can't help but wonder about the what if, as the overnight models now all draw the low under PA to redevelop on the coast with a high anchored to the north. Here's hoping we're ready to rock come December, and not waste a cold pattern early during the first half of November for a change. At any rate, the potential is still there in the northern tier higher elevations of PA for a mix/changeover to snow later on in that system as the low goes to the coast.. as well as even the Laurel's on the very tail end. Pretty impressive that the prospect of such things is even on the table this late. It doesn't look like we're ready to come out of this below average/unsettled pattern through likely at least into the first week of May. When the 540 line is still clearing PA behind systems on May 1st (as in the case of the GFS), we're definitely not talking any kind of late spring/early summer warmth. 

18 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Let's have a presser on how much rainy days help to clean covid off shared outside surfaces. 

Lol, or just inject a lil Lysol and it'll fix us up in no time :arrowhead:. Nope couldn't leave that one go. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Definitely a wet/unsettled regime the next few days. That Sunday/Monday system looks like it's going to be another solid rain producer. Can't help but wonder about the what if, as the overnight models now all draw the low under PA to redevelop on the coast with a high anchored to the north. Here's hoping we're ready to rock come December, and not waste a cold pattern early during the first half of November for a change. At any rate, the potential is still there in the northern tier higher elevations of PA for a mix/changeover to snow later on in that system as the low goes to the coast.. as well as even the Laurel's on the very tail end. Pretty impressive that the prospect of such things is even on the table this late. It doesn't look like we're ready to come out of this below average/unsettled pattern through likely at least into the first week of May. When the 540 line is still clearing PA behind systems on May 1st (as in the case of the GFS), we're definitely not talking any kind of late spring/early summer warmth. 

Lol, or just inject a lil Lysol and it'll fix us up in no time :arrowhead:. Nope couldn't leave that one go. 

I was just finishing up my morning Windex shake while laying in my tanning bed.  I cannot get enough UV Rays right now.  I threw out all my sunscreen so it does not lead to me getting Covid.

And I stick with my my thought that this ugly weather is coming at a terrible time when we most would like the freedom to get out and enjoy nature. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just finishing up my morning Windex shake while laying in my tanning bed.  I cannot get enough UV Rays right now.  I threw out all my sunscreen so it does not lead to me getting Covid.

And I stick with my my thought that this ugly weather is coming at a terrible time when we most would like the freedom to get out and enjoy nature. 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

And I'll agree with you 100%...

Admittedly, I'm weird. I love (no, really I do) cold, wet, damp days. However, I'm longing for the sun. It doesn't have to be warm (I don't like it warm) but at least give me some sun and a temperature in the 50s and I'll run with that. 

Lysol soup for this guy!

On 4/23/2020 at 12:09 AM, MAG5035 said:

It's a little bit confusing but I'm pretty sure these guidelines are talking about keeping a 14 day average of new cases below that 50 per 100,000 threshold. So for Cumberland County's estimated 253,370 people.. the 50 per 100,000 (0.0005) would come out to staying under 127 new cases in a 14 day period. Or in other words, they would have to average no more than about 9 new cases per day over the two weeks. Since Cumberland County as of today has only had 207 total cases for the whole span of this outbreak, you may be a lot closer to the threshold to relaxing guidelines than you think. 

Otherwise, how would a county whose total number of cases already exceeded infecting 50 per 100,000 people ever technically reach the guidelines to relax restrictions? PA doesn't keep track of who has recovered from this thing. 

This map is on the Allentown Morning Call newspaper site. Considering the discussion yesterday, and Gov Wolf's criteria for reopening, it may be useful to refer to it from time to time to see where we stand. It's the 4th map down on the page.

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-pa-coronavirus-map-20200315-update-20200315-vwvbiaqfave2bnz36tdrypesei-htmlstory.html

Just click or hover over the county you want to know about and it'll give you an exact number...

94732418_10222378850721386_9119086447041708032_o.jpg

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Admittedly, I'm weird. I love (no, really I do) cold, wet, damp days. However, I'm longing for the sun. It doesn't have to be warm (I don't like it warm) but at least give me some sun and a temperature in the 50s and I'll run with that. 

Me too, but in the fall, stuck inside watching football

i was at a crash this morning at 6am involving 2 State Troopers. Keep them in your prayers

Also, I can't believe that there are people who are/were seriously considering swallowing/injecting disinfectant to cure Covid-19.

MqF3ZIx8_bigger.jpg
MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE called Maryland's emergency hotline asking about whether injecting or ingesting disinfectants could help cure Covid-19, according to Gov. LARRY HOGAN'S comms director @riccimike

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Also, I can't believe that there are people who are/were seriously considering swallowing/injecting disinfectant to cure Covid-19.

MqF3ZIx8_bigger.jpg
MORE THAN 100 PEOPLE called Maryland's emergency hotline asking about whether injecting or ingesting disinfectants could help cure Covid-19, according to Gov. LARRY HOGAN'S comms director @riccimike

That is the thing.  I think most here look at Trumps comments (for the last month plus) and mostly just a guy trying to give out suggestions and a little off kilter but there are so many people in our country who listen to him like he is the person who knows best and follows what he says...its hard to imagine as many of us seem to carry more of what we would call common sense but for every one of us there is someone who will take info differently and may act on it.  The makers of Lysol had to come out and make a statement. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

That is the thing.  I think most here look at Trumps comments (for the last month plus) and mostly just a guy trying to give out suggestions and a little off kilter but there are so many people in our country who listen to him like he is the person who knows best and follows what he says...its hard to imagine as many of us seem to carry more of what we would call common sense but for every one of us there is someone who will take info differently and may act on it.  The makers of Lysol had to come out and make a statement. 

Exactly....some see him as an infallible source of information...well a lot of people in my parts. I had to rewatch the conference twice to make sure I was hearing him correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

This map is on the Allentown Morning Call newspaper site. Considering the discussion yesterday, and Gov Wolf's criteria for reopening, it may be useful to refer to it from time to time to see where we stand. It's the 4th map down on the page.

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-pa-coronavirus-map-20200315-update-20200315-vwvbiaqfave2bnz36tdrypesei-htmlstory.html

Just click or hover over the county you want to know about and it'll give you an exact number...

94732418_10222378850721386_9119086447041708032_o.jpg

So one thing I am not grasping here is that as more and more testing is brought into play that will only lead to more positives even if the virus is not expanding its reach...so it does not seem likely that place like the LSV are going to do well with this criteria anytime in the near or even somewhat distant future.  

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So one thing I am not grasping here is that as more and more testing is brought into play that will only lead to more positives even if the virus is not expanding its reach...so it does not seem likely that place like the LSV are going to do well with this criteria anytime in the near or even somewhat distant future.  

Yes, and I also wonder if the spike in new statewide cases the past few days plays into that as well. The number of daily deaths has come down (I believe) but new confirmed cases have gone up. 

1 hour ago, daxx said:

Give me this weather all the way up to Thanksgiving.  The sun/heat doesn’t do anything for me.  I probably wouldn’t see much in the way of t-storms, but I would take this even if it means losing out on storms.   

Noooo......

I'm depressed enough as it is. I can't wait for some sunny 80 degree weather. 

I just watched the movie "Snow Day" again and noticed that when Chevy Chase showed the modeled snow it was hammering Cashtown and I.  The good Ole Days.

The 0z NAM gets some snow on Sunday evening into mainly northern & western parts of CTP.

It even shows a little snow getting into western parts of The LSV.

0543CD78-9D88-4813-9758-4122F4C26D13.png

32A038C8-33D7-4B5F-8723-4CBF52B80D3E.png

No treat here. Solid dark grey overcast. I'm beyond sick of the whole ordeal. The virus, the lockdown, the lack of work or ability to get hired somewhere, the shitty weather.

I can't take much more and the cracks in the dam are getting bigger and bigger...

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

No treat here. Solid dark grey overcast. I'm beyond sick of the whole ordeal. The virus, the lockdown, the lack of work or ability to get hired somewhere, the shitty weather.

I can't take much more and the cracks in the dam are getting bigger and bigger...

Noticed the LSV also seemed to clear out...just the N/E corner of PA still in clouds so maybe some sun coming. 

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

als

Noticed the LSV also seemed to clear out...just the N/E corner of PA still in clouds so maybe some sun coming. 

I hope so. Like I pointed out in the Philly thread, as soon as we went into lockdown, the pattern flipped and we got our "winter". To me it just feels like a piling on of misery.

Just now, Voyager said:

I hope so. Like I pointed out in the Philly thread, as soon as we went into lockdown, the pattern flipped and we got our "winter". To me it just feels like a piling on of misery.

It certainly has been horrible timing as both you and I have said  Making dreary times for our nation seem much more dreary.