Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

50 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Switched over to rain here. Snowfall Measured 2.5" 

Will try and get an AM picture.

wasnt really expecting this...Good job Blizz :clap:

You posted a lot of maps this winter. You hit a big one at the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Congrats & thanks !

Even though I missed out on this event, I still enjoyed the late season tracking.

We are now only a little over 6 months away from starting the next season of snow tracking!

Here's some second hand pics I saw on my F-book feed out of Clinton County, likely from early tonight. First one's at LHU in Lock Haven in southern Clinton and the second one looks like Rt 120 west somewhere between Lock Haven and Renovo in the western end of the county. 

94369506_10158219514432520_1866950385818664960_o.thumb.jpg.2050a4b561d5da0bb2effafb76cc12af.jpg

93639654_10158219514497520_9024573771842846720_o.thumb.jpg.492958bc7c6298c4c752275e1b18c565.jpg

CTP and BGM PNS statements had some 6"+ amounts in it. The west end of State College had 2-3" and Potter and Tioga counties had a couple 5-6" reports. CTP's statement was issued just before 11pm so some of those amounts in the far northern tier probably ended up higher.  Binghamton the city had a 7" report (Endicott) and 5.7" at their NWS office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Here's some second hand pics I saw on my F-book feed out of Clinton County, likely from early tonight. First one's at LHU in Lock Haven in southern Clinton and the second one looks like Rt 120 west somewhere between Lock Haven and Renovo in the western end of the county. 

94369506_10158219514432520_1866950385818664960_o.thumb.jpg.2050a4b561d5da0bb2effafb76cc12af.jpg

93639654_10158219514497520_9024573771842846720_o.thumb.jpg.492958bc7c6298c4c752275e1b18c565.jpg

CTP and BGM PNS statements had some 6"+ amounts in it. The west end of State College had 2-3" and Potter and Tioga counties had a couple 5-6" reports. CTP's statement was issued just before 11pm so some of those amounts in the far northern tier probably ended up higher.  Binghamton the city had a 7" report (Endicott) and 5.7" at their NWS office.

Pretty impressive for mid april.

It' funny that a big snow for me this season is 2.5" ...How times have changed.

My friend ended up with about almost 4".

Another freind who lives just north of Woolrich had almost 6" 

15 north of Williamsport both lanes was a mess with a limited Penn Dot crew. South bound lane got shut down due to accidents.

46 minutes ago, pawatch said:

It' funny that a big snow for me this season is 2.5" ...How times have changed.

My friend ended up with about almost 4".

Another freind who lives just north of Woolrich had almost 6" 

15 north of Williamsport both lanes was a mess with a limited Penn Dot crew. South bound lane got shut down due to accidents.

Plenty of fbook pics of a good dumping up north. Here’s wellsboro 

8F05FDED-E04E-4755-A834-34C20C85DF62.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Almost....LOL! 

If the LSV had got into this storm, you would have been posting snow Obs & measurements all evening!

We all would have been jealous of @Cashtown_Coop getting the LSV jackpot yet again!

Would I have posted observations and measurments? Yes - I do that pretty much every time it rains. I made more posts earlier this week around the heavy rain/storm potential than I have in a long time. 

Did I really want it to snow? NO. And I''m not in the least bit jealous of those that got it. 

Another fairly cool and unsettled week ahead, especially the front half of the week as we drop a potent shortwave in Tuesday night and attending 510dm low centers near VT/NH/ME. Those 500mb heights are on the order of 3-4 sigma below normal for this time of the year (highly anomalous). While that 500 low centers north of here, it's still going to make for cooler than normal temps and probably more mountain snow showers Tuesday night behind the front.

Extended still features a western ridge/eastern trough overall, so don't think we're going to bust into any kind of early summertime in the next couple weeks. Heck the 12z GFS wanted to do the whole northern PA snowstorm thing all over again on the 26th. It's on it's own with that, although I saw at least one run yesterday that looked like that. Moral of the story is more of the type of pattern we wanted to see in DJF lies ahead.  

• Like 1

.CLIMATE...
Record-challenging cold is expected on Wednesday morning, April
22nd. Here are the daily records for all major sites:

Current Record Low (Year) Forecast
Harrisburg (MDT):31 F (1981) 33 F
Williamsport (IPT): 31 F (1981) 29 F*
Johnstown (JST): 30 F (2002)27 F*
Altoona (AOO): 26 F (1975) 29 F
Bradford (BFD): 20 F (1981) 22 F
State College: 23 F (1920,32) 28 F

*Indicates record-setting forecast.

10 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Because this is the new normal in the mid-Atlantic. "Winter" is April and May.

And summer is September and October. It seems as if the seasons have been shoved 2 months behind. At least it's 30 this morning here and not 25 like it was last week.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:00 PM, Voyager said:

What's scary is how fast the numbers are rising. Berks, to my south rose 81% today, and Luzerne, to my north rose 53%. In one news article I saw, a physician's assistant recommended staying out of Hazleton. Some think that Hazleton is a community that is going to explode in the near future.

Your post was dead on! The company I used to work for( in Schuylkill county) got temps from Hazleton. I have nothing against these temps,They were all Spanish people and they were all polite, and hard working and would do anything you would ask them to do ( I was their supervisor) God bless them. Any way the virus worked its way in to the company. The company in the last 2 weeks has since decided not to get any temps from Hazleton. The company used to get about 40 plus a day for their round the clock operation. Now the company has 9 confirmed cases and 14 other on quarantine (these are all full time employees). And as of last night another 4 people were told to self quarantine because they had come in contact with a person that is presumed positive. When I seen your post I knew what was about to happen at that company, imo all they cared about was making the almighty dollar and not even care about their employees. Now since their are confirmed cases NOW their practicing social distancing, taking employees temps, and wearing masks. But the damage is already done and the virus continues to spread in the company.