• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

3 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Snowing much harder here now...bigger flakes.

Temp 33

Think it will stay all snow here?

It might, you certainly have a good chance of at least staying snow while the heaviest precip of the event is moving through right now. There is some signs of mixing in SW Clearfield county on the dual pol products but I think your pretty established in the snow. 

21 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

2.25 on that chair and roughly 2" or so in other spots...but it just switched to rain / sleet

Lol that 2.25 is a bigger single snowfall than I had the entire winter. 

On the changeover yea the dual pol is really showing it now, and also how the UNV region is hanging on. There is actually accumulating snow starting to show on the overpasses on the I-99 cams all the way down to Port Matilda as well as a crash between Skytop and the Grays Woods exit near State College.

985141549_ScreenShot2020-04-17at6_42_44PM.thumb.png.5feb0f20d8592b6508662e2df910c0ed.png

35 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

State College has reported snow for the last 6 hours with 1 mile or less visibility, yet the point & click forecast just says Rain.

Are they looking out of their window up there at CTP headquarters? Lol...

Yea they probably should have added a tier of counties to the advisory as the I-80 corridor has been showing it on the ground all afternoon. State College had a little bit on the ground early before that heavy burst of precip moved in. PennDOT being pretty proactive and has I-80 Bellefonte to Dubois as well as I-99 from I-80 to Bellefonte under a 45mph restriction. Probably would've been a Friday evening debacle had there been regular traffic. 

31 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Congrats to everyone getting snow. Normally I would be at least somewhat jealous but I have been done with snow for some time now. Having said that, I'd love to see some pictures early in the morning before it all vaporizes. :)

I'm enjoying the pics so far. This time of year, snow looks so much better in SOMEONE ELSE'S backyard than my own...

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm enjoying the pics so far. This time of year, snow looks so much better in SOMEONE ELSE'S backyard than my own...

I had been pretty content moving on from the bad winter and looking forward to warmer spring weather but the accumulating stuff missed me here by about 20 miles today and the alternative has been 35-37ºF moderate to heavy rain all afternoon/evening. I personally would've rathered the out of season 2-5" of concrete. 

45 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Congrats to everyone getting snow. Normally I would be at least somewhat jealous but I have been done with snow for some time now. Having said that, I'd love to see some pictures early in the morning before it all vaporizes. :)

Switched over to rain here. Snowfall Measured 2.5" 

Will try and get an AM picture.

wasnt really expecting this...Good job Blizz :clap:

You posted a lot of maps this winter. You hit a big one at the end of the season. :thumbsup:

51 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I had been pretty content moving on from the bad winter and looking forward to warmer spring weather but the accumulating stuff missed me here by about 20 miles today and the alternative has been 35-37ºF moderate to heavy rain all afternoon/evening. I personally would've rathered the out of season 2-5" of concrete. 

I’m very happy for the CTP snow winners with this event.

It always stings a little bit when there is good snow not too far from your home, while your own yard gets cold rain. 

Like you said, this was close to being a CTP wide historic late season event if we had a slightly better track.