• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Mid May could be doable, but probably on a limited basis. Theme parks, theaters, and any other large gathering places maybe not so much. I'm still afraid of opening up to soon and then having to shut it right back down again because the virus came back with a vengeance...

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sounds like Trump is going to recommend the Wyoming's and Idaho's of the world to start opening up some (tomorrow).  The businesses I am involved with keep hearing Tom Wolf is aiming for May 20th in PA. 

There's been movement of a couple bills in the PA House/Senate to reopen some businesses provided they are able to comply with specific guidelines, and also develop mitigation plans off of CDC guidelines. That main one passed the house and then senate today, basically on party lines. Highly unlikely Gov Wolf goes with that and also unlikely there's enough votes to overturn a veto. 

8 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

There's been movement of a couple bills in the PA House/Senate to reopen some businesses provided they are able to comply with specific guidelines, and also develop mitigation plans off of CDC guidelines. That main one passed the house and then senate today, basically on party lines. Highly unlikely Gov Wolf goes with that and also unlikely there's enough votes to overturn a veto. 

I saw the movement and Wolf announced he is going to veto it.  Will be interesting to see what some of the governors say when Trump states that some states should open the doors next week. His advise will not apply to large gatherings just small business retail and some corporate stuff. Large gatherings are off the table for a long time.  I wonder if theme parks open at all this year.  Maybe...but how can they open if they say no sporting events or concerts this year.

27 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bubb you have been trying to get us some snow. Mother Nature just hasn't been listening  :lol:

Seems every time I open my mouth and post a model which in most winters would normally lead to something  all the hot air coming out pushes everything north.  Several tiems this year even myself down here was under a swatch of 2 or more inches of digital snow and nothing feel.

Could get into the 20's tonight...a parting gift from winter 29-20. 

49 minutes ago, pawatch said:

Bubb you have been trying to get us some snow. Mother Nature just hasn't been listening  :lol:

In what may be my last snow map of the season the 0Z EC is much further south with the Friday bowling ball, vs. Nam and GFS, and does snow a period of quite heavy wet snow in northern PA.  Similar to the comment from Mag and route 80. 

image.png.b2e23e53464772b039244cd25b0346f5.png

Started snowing here about 15 mins ago and is getting progressively heavier...quite the surprise to see.  Vsby continues to drop...easily under a mile now.  Temp down to 36.

Edit>>2 mins later down to 35.  No accum anywhere...(yet).

Edit again>>5 mins later (9:23) down to 34.  Waiting to see signs of white on mulch.  Would love to get 0.1" to add to record books.  Hasn't snowed this hard since January!  lol

Edit (9:26)>>Heavy snow...large flakes...temp 33.6 and mulch starting to turn white!

Edit (9:31)>>Heavy snow continues.  What a show out there.  Temp down to 33.1.  Mulch looking whiter and a few tiny spots of white on grass too.  Vsby < 0.5 mi.

• Like 1

Boy, what an unexpected snow show!  25 minutes of snow with almost 20 mins continuous heavy and large flakes!  It's winding down now and the sky is brightening.  Temp bottomed out at 32.7.  Mulch was maybe about 50% covered in white.  No official measurement other than a trace.  But still...I had no idea this was even possible.  I thought tomorrow morning was the snow possibility.

Historically speaking, this reminds me of a day in late April, 1986, in Philadelphia.  I was finishing up my last month of Optometry school and was living on campus.  It was around the 25th of April.  It ended up snowing nearly the entire day, non-stop.  It didn't accumulate during the daytime.  But, after sunset it continued throughout the evening and we ended up with 2" of snow on the grass when it ended later that evening.  So, it can snow in late April and accumulate.  But, it's pretty rare.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Boy, what an unexpected snow show!  25 minutes of snow with almost 20 mins continuous heavy and large flakes!  It's winding down now and the sky is brightening.  Temp bottomed out at 32.7.  Mulch was maybe about 50% covered in white.  No official measurement other than a trace.  But still...I had no idea this was even possible.  I thought tomorrow morning was the snow possibility.

Historically speaking, this reminds me of a day in late April, 1986, in Philadelphia.  I was finishing up my last month of Optometry school and was living on campus.  It was around the 25th of April.  It ended up snowing nearly the entire day, non-stop.  It didn't accumulate during the daytime.  But, after sunset it continued throughout the evening and we ended up with 2" of snow on the grass when it ended later that evening.  So, it can snow in late April and accumulate.  But, it's pretty rare.

Great story and updates this morning! I had a few flurries that lasted all of about 30 seconds. Sun is back out here now. 

I just don’t see how they can even open a theme park in June. Not in the Northeast or Mid Atlantic.

I was a HP pass owner for 8 years and was looking forward to the new ride.

The amount of people and disinfecting required would be unmanageable.

I could see Fall time if and when virus cases substantially decrease.

3 hours ago, pawatch said:

A dusting of snow on the roof tops and vehicles this morning. 31 degrees...

No respect for Wolf...

Glad you got some white stuff! Me either on Wolf what a clown. The states can't stay closed forever we need to reopen as quickly as we can and just behave differently. Can you imagine if we go months without reopening what a great depression this would lead to. Time to just change your behavior when your out and about. Wolf has no stinking clue whatsoever. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I just don’t see how they can even open a theme park in June. Not in the Northeast or Mid Atlantic.

My wife and I talked about this last night. No way we go in June for the same reasons. I was ready for some Candymonium myself...

24 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Yeah just kinda an impossibility at this point, really.

I love this forum and everyone here when we are talking about the weather. But we cannot stay closed months, if we do it will lead into a depression none of us want to see in our history. Change your behavioral when you out and about, and if your scared to go out stay at home. This is a political mess right now you saw what happened in Michigan yesterday same is already scheduled for April 20th  or some date in April here I believe per a report.

And I respect everyone's view and opinion on this everyone has the right to make their decision on what to do not the government or we might as well live in a communist state. 

• Like 1

The problem is it may not be productive to open everything back up for a spooked public to only give 20 to 40 percent of business. Theme Parks...Tourist destinations...Restaurants....Venues....Regular retail and a bunch of others are going to suffer greatly regardless as this thing will not just flip on or off like a switch. I’m sure some jobs are better equipped for this than others, but in what I just named a ton of people are employed and it’s a hard fix to do.

7 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

The problem is it may not be productive to open everything back up for a spooked public to only give 20 to 40 percent of business. Theme Parks...Tourist destinations...Restaurants....Venues....Regular retail and a bunch of others are going to suffer greatly regardless as this thing will not just flip on or off like a switch. I’m sure some jobs are better equipped for this than others, but in what I just named a ton of people are employed and it’s a hard fix to do.

All the bolded (and then some) are the very businesses essential to a bus company's survival. I've got quite an uncertain long term future ahead of me. Unless I can get back into trucking, which, with each passing day, is getting more difficult due to the insurance companies' experience criteria, I may be a part (or no) timer for quite awhile...

2 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Congrats!

1 hour ago, paweather said:

I love this forum and everyone here when we are talking about the weather. But we cannot stay closed months, if we do it will lead into a depression none of us want to see in our history. Change your behavioral when you out and about, and if your scared to go out stay at home. This is a political mess right now you saw what happened in Michigan yesterday same is already scheduled for April 20th  or some date in April here I believe per a report.

And I respect everyone's view and opinion on this everyone has the right to make their decision on what to do not the government or we might as well live in a communist state. 

Just to add to you point I think most here respect most others opinions.  You will sometimes seem an anti Trump slant from me and that is less about his policies or such and more about the way he pats himself on the back and uses the press conferences to his advantage for things not related to covid.  We do have to be careful about situations where most of the population is following one rule and a small part is not and it turns into fights in grocery stores.

Cuomo just announced NY is now to May 15th so I believe PA will have the same number at the afternoon conference. 

48 minutes ago, Voyager said:

All the bolded (and then some) are the very businesses essential to a bus company's survival. I've got quite an uncertain long term future ahead of me. Unless I can get back into trucking, which, with each passing day, is getting more difficult due to the insurance companies' experience criteria, I may be a part (or no) timer for quite awhile...

If this gets too bad there will have to be some type of universal income for all.  There is this but doubt this becomes reality:

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-would-receive-2000-a-month-under-house-democrats-plan-2020-4

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just to add to you point I think most here respect most others opinions.  You will sometimes seem an anti Trump slant from me and that is less about his policies or such and more about the way he pats himself on the back and uses the press conferences to his advantage for things not related to covid.  We do have to be careful about situations where most of the population is following one rule and a small part is not and it turns into fights in grocery stores.

Cuomo just announced NY is now to May 15th so I believe PA will have the same number at the afternoon conference. 

Same here...I’m probably conservative slanting on many things, just can’t take the narcissism and inability to ever just take some blame. Many can see past that, I just can’t. Back to weather lol...sunny here...seems most action is south and west.