• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ended up with...a shower. ZERO wind with the actual shower, some winds now that the line has passed. 

Overall, it rained harder and was windier multiple times earlier today.

It died over Red Land. There’s gotta be a pocket of super saturated air running up 83 and then down 81 to Carlisle.

Sun shining brightly here now with large patch of blue sky overhead.  Chance to try and warm back up a bit, although only 69.4, so haven't broken 70 yet.  When that storm came through I had 0.03" of rain and a wind gust to 5 mph...LOL.

Interestingly, the winds have now picked up substantially, out of the WSW 15 gusting to 25.  Pressure holding steady at 29.40".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ended up with...a shower. ZERO wind with the actual shower, some winds now that the line has passed. 

Overall, it rained harder and was windier multiple times earlier today.

The severe thunderstorm/snow squall the other night was much more impressive here. It's been a wet day I have 1.73" in the gauge. 

40 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Sun shining brightly here now with large patch of blue sky overhead.  Chance to try and warm back up a bit, although only 69.4, so haven't broken 70 yet.  When that storm came through I had 0.03" of rain and a wind gust to 5 mph...LOL.

Interestingly, the winds have now picked up substantially, out of the WSW 15 gusting to 25.  Pressure holding steady at 29.40".

26 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Making progress.  Still sunny.  Temp up to 70.7.  Just had a wind gust WSW to 33.  So, it's going up.

15 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

Yeah the temp jumped up after the storm here. Sun is out and it's quite nice right now. Just opened up all the windows and doors to let in some of that clean after rain air

Aren't you guys west of the front/convection, or is there more to go yet? Radar to the southwest of the capital region looks rather weak...

To the delight of the flower crew the latest American's are trending toward a more warm solution for overnight Tuesday.  Been watching for some hope of a trend but the only trend I am seeing is the one that has been present most of the previous winter.    The whole solution is less amplified than a few days ago. 

KAOO has had consistent 40+ gusts here and there but this has been quite a non-event here locally today, even post-front. Had a nice severe warned line come through early this afternoon but there wasn't much wind with it. Also interesting on KAOO's meteogram from about 5-6am this morning the airport had a period of winds that were sustained in the 30-50 mph range and a couple gusts to 60mph (max gust to 62mph). There were several power outages in parts of  the county this morning but I had nothing of the sort here. That 5am timeframe was around when that slug of heavier precip was lifting up into southern PA heading toward the LSV. 

354857488_ScreenShot2020-04-13at5_12_46PM.png.47238a76c0fbae4a7d34a57eafcc7432.png

Tabular data: https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KAOO&unit=0&timetype=GMT

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

To the delight of the flower crew the latest American's are trending toward a more warm solution for overnight Tuesday.  Been watching for some hope of a trend but the only trend I am seeing is the one that has been present most of the previous winter.    The whole solution is less amplified than a few days ago. 

Don’t worry, even if tomorrow night the snow fails yet again, we unbelievably might have yet another chance later in the week. 

The Euro, Canadian & GFS each have some snow for us by Friday night.

I am hearing Al Michaels famous call of the “Miracle on Ice” in my mind...

“Do you believe in Miracles.... Yes !”

91EE3E1D-362A-4E14-9AF0-D49A39F84D1E.png

E3DFE2FB-CBFD-4455-A0CD-075A7D38052B.png

822941FB-4770-4DD1-A86A-2DF9EF7DBD26.png

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

Other then the slight wind yesterday afternoon was a great day to sit on the patio and drink some frosty adult beverages for social distancing happy hour with my family. Pretty uneventful storm

Sure was - wife and I went for our walk along the river around 6pm last evening. I had a sweatshirt on thinking it had to be pretty cool outside - well, that lasted for all of about 2 minutes before that came off. :lol:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sure was - wife and I went for our walk along the river around 6pm last evening. I had a sweatshirt on thinking it had to be pretty cool outside - well, that lasted for all of about 2 minutes before that came off. :lol:

My back patio gets West Sun in the afternoon, it was warm. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The article I read on Cumberlink said 60 total for PA yesterday.  NYC went up quite a bit from the day before...a bit surprising.

The death toll should be 2 weeks behind the new infections due to the amount of time between getting it and dying which i hear is a week or two from onset.

So hopefully we will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

6 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

The death toll should be 2 weeks behind the new infections due to the amount of time between getting it and dying which i hear is a week or two from onset.

So hopefully we will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel soon.

Right was just surprised to see it go up 100+.  Maybe that was related to weekend and the way they count. 

Without proper testing, the numbers will be, if not already, artificially skewed. If you don't test, you can't record the positives. If you can't record the positives, they don't get included into the state and county tallies, nor do they get reported to the CDC. If you can't record s positive, you can't record a death as Covid related. So by not testing, the positive cases are artificially lower than what they would (or should) be.

FB_IMG_1586885405997.jpg