• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - Spring 2020

8 hours ago, daxx said:

Fire departments are getting several calls around here for trees and wires down. I’m not sure what some of the gusts were here but they had to be  severe storm level. 

I don't know...for a few minutes I was legitimately concerned. The winds kept getting stronger...stronger...my entire house was shaking last night for at least 10 minutes. I had about 5 minutes of rain and then it quickly flipped to a whiteout of snow. It was a weird combination of awe, excitement and fear, lol. 

That was something to remember...

59 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Looking like a big outbreak in the Souheast on Sunday...between everything going on and the Easter holiday I’m hoping this one is a huge bust....we can make up our tornadoes in June in middle or nowhere Kansas and Nebraska like I prefer them.

You're not kidding! Huge area in slight risk with a large area in the middle under a moderate risk. Horst is already playing up the severe possibility here for Monday.

Anyone have a radar loop from last evening's "event?" I was in bed watching the Sopranos when that thing went through...I wasn't paying attention to the weather at all, when I went to bed it was clear with light winds. 

Found a still shot from WGAL. If you were under the good returns you probably flipped to snow or graupel.

f00954ecf2356e446123031c77804488.jpg

Severe threat with Sun night into Monday's storm system going to hinge on how much we bust into the warm sector and the usual cloud cover issues and whatnot... the latter of which I'm not too keen on. CAPE will probably be limited but I can see a line of storms try to fire near the frontal passage and it wouldn't take much to tap down what looks to be screaming winds not too far aloft. Will probably have to keep an eye on the LSV in particular in terms of severe.

Either way, you folks that live in the jet stream over there in the LSV should be delighted to know that this upcoming storm probably poses at least a similar magnitude wind event threat as Thursday's system. May not be as long lived but we could be talking similar wind gusts for some portion of Monday just prior and especially after frontal passage. I'd argue the wind potential is even greater but models seem to run the wind max (and corresponding LLJ max) up the I-95 corridor and they have really have then screaming in NJ and NYC/LI. It's still going to be windy regardless. The usual half decent low that runs up through the lakes typically makes for a breezy post frontal regime. A low of this magnitude winding up over the lakes (to 970ish) is likely to bring the wind headlines with it.. perhaps even high wind criteria for some parts of PA.